Sveta & Ron

confused and angry

49 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey Ron - ALL prior divorce paperwork, from ALL divorces, certified copies (certified from the issuing authority) must be presented to the IV unit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Ron, the "hard" rule is that you MUST get the divorce decrees - all of them. Each and every one of them. You are required to prove that you are free to marry. Our government allows you ONE way to do that: you give them all prior marriage termination documents.

You are asking our government to grant you the privilege of bringing a foreigner here to marry you. The rules say that if you want them to consider your request, you must prove that you are free from all prior marriages - free to marry. Period. No other option. Anything you thought based on the number of lines on the form is wrong. If your attorney told you only the two most recent matter: wrong. You must get the documents, and you must do everything in your power to get them to her and to the embassy/consulate before her interview.

It does not matter how brief a marriage was, or how long ago, or how or why it was terminated: you MUST prove via a decree or certificate that it was legally ended - and ended legally. It is a) proof that you are, in fact, free to marry, and b) your fiancee MUST know about each and every one of these marriages, and how it ended, or the officer may think that your are defrauding her. Not everyone will marry someone who has been married and divorced many times - or marry someone who has had several prior wives, say, die from unknown causes. You are demonstrating the truth about your past, and proving you are free to marry the person you are bringing here to marry. The officer can and will ask her about all of your prior marriages and divorces, and the rules require you to provide proof of how they ended, and that they ended.

When you get each and every decree - and if you work it, you may be able to get them prior to her interview - everyone is right: make sure you scan and email copies to her, not just to your attorney, because if your attorney screws it up and fails to get them to the consulate or embassy in time, as least your fiance can bring them to her interview, along with the rest of the documents she is bringing, nothing out of the ordinary - and so demonstrate that she knows your history, in addition to being able to fulfill the documentation requirement. She can always explain that you misunderstood the form, if that is the case, but that everything is complete now - IF she has all the decrees with her.

Now is not the time to be confused and angry. Now is the time to say "Wow - I am lucky to find this out now, maybe in time to pull it out of the fire." Now is the time to cowboy up and get her the documents, to be the hero here, to make it happen for her. Good luck getting them!

"i can not beleive it i still had the docs." - do you mean you have found your other divorce decree?

Your original post says: "sveta has full copies of the last 2 divorces the others are in another state and sveta has visa interview in 1 week " - Have you found one missing decree, but still need to order another, for a total of 4? Are there others? Get them ALL.

^^This.

I hope that the consulate doesn't deny the visa because you didn't list all your prior divorces as requested at the I 129 f phase. They likely won't, but they could if they had any doubts about your case at all - citing misrepresentation on your part. Whether your fiancee knows about the divorces could be irrelevant to them if they decide you knowingly concealed a material fact. People have been denied for lesser things.

I hope all goes well for you.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Your lawyer advised you to submit for two divorces just because there was two lines on the form?!?!?! Dafuq.

What's the name of the lawyer? Maybe he is not even a lawyer. Instructions are very clear even a fifth grader knows the concept of all.

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

as of today i got everything sent to sveta every page the courts has. funny thing lawyer tallk sveta last week and asked how many times i was married and that reminded the lawyer a major slip up as sveta knew how many and reasons

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

as of today i got everything sent to sveta every page the courts has. funny thing lawyer tallk sveta last week and asked how many times i was married and that reminded the lawyer a major slip up as sveta knew how many and reasons

You will also need copies for when you both apply for marriage license. So make sure you have plenty of certified (raised stamp) copies!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have nothing to add except an observation: Looks like "son of Mcat" , stay tuned .... whistling.gif

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

You will also need copies for when you both apply for marriage license. So make sure you have plenty of certified (raised stamp) copies!

Not necessarily, jurisdiction laws vary, you do not need them in Vermont. You sign an affidavot that you are free to marry, but you do not show any documentation. But it is not bad advice to keep many copies of them.

I have nothing to add except an observation: Looks like "son of Mcat" , stay tuned .... whistling.gif

:lol:

We need to know more about Sveta to decide. :thumbs:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

LOL I been thinking the same!!!

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

YAY - good going! good.gif

Find a court runner or attorney service in the other states where the divorce was filed. Have them go to the courthouse and obtain certified copies (get 3 of each) and overnight them to you. Then DHL them to your fiancee.

EXCELLENT reminder that one can get documents stat this way.

Heather, San Francisco, CA - USC Petitioner, for Peter, UK Beneficiary

CR-1 Visa Timeline Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage: December 8, 2011

USCIS

01/07/2012: I-130 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox:

Service Center: California Service Center

01/13/2012 I-130 NOA1

05/22/2012: I-130 NOA2: APPROVED! (Approved 130 days from the NOA1 date)

09/05/2012: via phone: "Case complete"

10/17/2012: Interview date assigned.

U.S Embassy London

09/17/2012: Case received.

10/21/2012: Medical.

10/26/2012: Interview: APPROVED "Your visa has been approved. You're good to go.".

11/01/2012: Visa in hand.

11/04/2012: Port of entry: San Francisco

Note: Social Security card came one week after POE

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Whats son of mcat?

Do a search for VJ member "MCat" and read his posts. I am convinced it was all a fiction drama, our own little VJ soap opera

Long story short, MCAT was engaged to a Super HOT Ukrainian woman (nothing new there) who was a stripper. She got here and started stripping right away for cash...no EAD of course, and was having sex with everyone except her poor, long suffering finacee, MCat, who was forced to observe all this going on in his apartment...and he would keep asking what to do? What to do? No matter what, he did the wrong thing, something like...

"She is bringing men home and I can hear them having sex, but she does not have sex with me. What should I do?"

Everyone would tell him to dump her, send her back...next post

"Well we talked about it and she said if I marry her and file her AOS she will give me sex" :lol:

You just HAVE to read the posts. I am sure they are archived. For those of us who know, those of us with "the knowledge" that he chose a Ukrainian woman to play the part of his fiancee made it all, somehow, believable. :P They just fit well into James Bond movies, fashion modeling, sex scandals.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Do a search for VJ member "MCat" and read his posts. I am convinced it was all a fiction drama, our own little VJ soap opera

Long story short, MCAT was engaged to a Super HOT Ukrainian woman (nothing new there) who was a stripper. She got here and started stripping right away for cash...no EAD of course, and was having sex with everyone except her poor, long suffering finacee, MCat, who was forced to observe all this going on in his apartment...and he would keep asking what to do? What to do? No matter what, he did the wrong thing, something like...

"She is bringing men home and I can hear them having sex, but she does not have sex with me. What should I do?"

"Well we talked about it and she said if I marry her and file her AOS she will give me sex" :lol:

You just HAVE to read the posts. I am sure they are archived. For those of us who know, those of us with "the knowledge" that he chose a Ukrainian woman to play the part of his fiancee made it all, somehow, believable. :P They just fit well into James Bond movies, fashion modeling, sex scandals.

I miss MCat

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lmao!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

:lol: :lol: :lol: Too funnny. can't believe I miss all that

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.