Sveta & Ron

confused and angry

49 posts in this topic

my lawyer just sent email asking how many times i had been married i replied we had talked about this over 8 months she and sveta knows now lawyer tells me send sveta the divorce papers beyond the 2 listed on the 129f is this truely needed sveta has full copies of the last 2 divorces the others are in another state and sveta has visa interview in 1 week

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

my lawyer just sent email asking how many times i had been married i replied we had talked about this over 8 months she and sveta knows now lawyer tells me send sveta the divorce papers beyond the 2 listed on the 129f is this truely needed sveta has full copies of the last 2 divorces the others are in another state and sveta has visa interview in 1 week

I would start applying for them (if you can get them in time great) and see what happens at the interview. they will most likely give her a 221G at the interview for the divorce decrees, if they want them. Not likely to deny.

I would not reschedule the interview. i would see what happens. Usually they would require ALL of them so apply for them "just in case".

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I would start applying for them and see what happens at the interview. they will most likely give her a 221G at the interview for the divorce decrees, if they want them. Not likely to deny.

I would not reschedule the interview. i would see what happens. Usually they would require ALL of them so apply for them "just in case".

Yes this could also work. Ensure she knows about ALL of them; the Embassy will !! That you can count on!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

YES

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

i sent everything the lawyer asked for and what was asked on the 129f as it only gave space for 2 divorces. Also back in feburary the lawyer asked how many but she only told me send the last 2. If was a problem why uscis approved it. is there anyone i can talk to that knows the hard answer?

If your fiance knows about ALL of your divorces, unless you want her to LIE to a consulate officer during her interview, because they are going to ask have either of you been divorced before and when she says yes they are going to ask how many times. Depending on the answer they are going to want prove. They have approved it at the USCIS level, BUT that is the purpose of all of the other check points NVC, Consulate, and even POE to make sure ALL I's are dotted and T's are crossed. So if the attorney is asking for it get it to them ASAP. Otherwise what was the point of using an attorney if you were not going to follow her/his advise on the visa process. Best of luck to you.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Timeline

I would start applying for them (if you can get them in time great) and see what happens at the interview. they will most likely give her a 221G at the interview for the divorce decrees, if they want them. Not likely to deny.

Agreed. Do NOT reschedule the interview. They will give a 221g for them if she does not have them and she can bring them back as soon as she has them. DO NOT DELAY. 221g's often give a deadline to respond. Get this in the works. They are public records and a couple phone calls and payment of nominal fees over the phone should get them in the mail to you. Pay for fedex and you should have them in 2-3 days. Scan and email them to her.

The LAST thing you want is for the consulate to tell her how many times you have been married. If you have not already done so, do that NOW. EXPECT that they WILL discuss it with her.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

i sent everything the lawyer asked for and what was asked on the 129f as it only gave space for 2 divorces. Also back in feburary the lawyer asked how many but she only told me send the last 2. If was a problem why uscis approved it. is there anyone i can talk to that knows the hard answer?

The I-129f requires you list ALL divorces and marriages, you attach extra sheets for the others. This may end up being a problem.

where can i read the 221g form? or what is it

Think of it as an RFE the consulate issues. It is a blank form, nothing to read until they fill it out with what she needs.

ALL divorces and marriages must be documented. ALL. She needs to know about them ALL. ALL means ALL. They WILL discuss this with her. They WILL. And when she does not KNOW they can deny your case as not being a bonafide relationship.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The hard answers is ALL. Wqe established months ago your attorney is an idiot. RAED THE INSTRUCTIONS for the I-129f Particularly 5D

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

EXPECT that they WILL discuss it with her.

And quite possibly they may ask her specific details about these other marriages. How many were there beyond 2? How many to other foreigners? Seem like very personal private information?....Save it, they know more about you than you do and will not be afraid to ask your fiance about it. They are only protecting her.

Follow the other advice, take off of work tomorrow and get on the internet or phone and get all those other decrees coming to you. You need certified, full length copies. Scan them and email those to her. She will only have so many days to respond to a 221g request.

You WILL need those again for AOS so DO IT.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I thought they all had to be apostilled within last six months for Ukraine. ?

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Timeline

I thought they all had to be apostilled within last six months for Ukraine. ?

NO. The US consulate does not need an apostille for anything.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.