yas1

Marriage law

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everybody,

I don't know if I can ask this question here or not. I came to U.S by k-1 visa. After marriage, I found that I couldn't get pregnant normaly because of my husband problem. we have to do something like IVF.It is not important to me. The point is my husband doesn't want to me know about his infertility problem. he was aware about this problem before our marriage. I found it by chance. now he goes to doctor, takes some medicine, take test ,... without say anything to me. I am really confused. I thought maybe there is a marriage law that he is afraid of that. Maybe he thinks I can use it and get divorce and without any problem get my permanent green card!

Could it be a fruad that he didn't say any thing about his infertility problem before marriage?

By the way, if it helps we live in california.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~~Not a Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion, moved to Moving Here and Your New Life In America~~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Could it be a fruad that he didn't say any thing about his infertility problem before marriage?

Not in California is it not an issue, nor is it fraud, and I doubt it is in any other state.

Honesty is always the best solution, so if you already know of his issue, choose an appropriate moment and tell him, so that if he is really worried about disappointing you, you can put his mind at ease.

Good luck!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I don't know if I can ask this question here or not. I came to U.S by k-1 visa. After marriage, I found that I couldn't get pregnant normaly because of my husband problem. we have to do something like IVF.It is not important to me. The point is my husband doesn't want to me know about his infertility problem. he was aware about this problem before our marriage. I found it by chance. now he goes to doctor, takes some medicine, take test ,... without say anything to me. I am really confused. I thought maybe there is a marriage law that he is afraid of that. Maybe he thinks I can use it and get divorce and without any problem get my permanent green card!

Thank you

No, his fertility has no impact.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was wrong for him to keep that from you. That has been enough for some couples to end their relationship/marriage over.

He may be trying to some kind of treatment for it, he could be ashamed and think he can fix it without you ever finding out. Since you did find out and it sounds like you wont just leave him over it, you need to have a heart to heart with him.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Thank you

Infertility is a very sensitive issue for men, as it is for women. He's probably seeing doctors and taking pills to see if he can "correct" the problem without you ever knowing about it. Hard to know whether anything he is trying on his own will help or not. It's also really difficult to speculate how long he's known about this health issue. He *may* have been dishonest or omitted things about himself but this definitely doesn't qualify as fraud. He's most likely afraid of losing you.

As Gegel said, you should definitely clear the air. Tell him he shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed about it and that together you will find a solution. That's what married folks do :yes:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Thank you

It is not fraud, why would you think that him not telling you would cause you to be able to divorce him. Plenty of couples conceive in this manner. At least he knows that he has a medical condition and is tyring to correct it so that you may have children.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You might be better of with family attourney to answer that question. If there anything to look into, it's concealing material facts at most, if that even counts. But but but he's doing something about it, the situation may better which is the whole point of hanging in there. Consider the time you spend together right now as quality time/catching up for the 2 of you. Otherwise you're just going to stress yourself about it, and him too.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

no you cannot get a divorce and without any problem get your GC and it's disturbing that you even thought that (and appeared to type it with glee). If you ddon't want to stay with him, then don't, don't use his fertility problems against him because you wouldn't like it if he used them against you.

Filed: Timeline

no you cannot get a divorce and without any problem get your GC and it's disturbing that you even thought that (and appeared to type it with glee). If you ddon't want to stay with him, then don't, don't use his fertility problems against him because you wouldn't like it if he used them against you.

Please when you don't know me don't judge me!!

I don't want to get divorce. I had a wnderful job and situation in my country, but I quit. Because I wanted to be with a man that I love him. I know what he is donig is for me. He loves me and doesn't want to lose me. we are so in pain. I was so confused and wanted to share my experience with others and get some advice. I never wanted to find a way for divorce.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

CONCEALED infertility is one of the reasons for annullment in the Catholic church... not because of the infertility directly, but because you didn't know about it before marriage and your partner did and he hid it from you (eg. if the guy is talking about the 10 kids you're going to have together, when all along he KNEW he'd had a vasectomy so it was all smoke and mirrors). You could argue that your marriage was based on deception and you want out because having children was vital to you and if you'd known you never would have married him. But since you say here that it's not a big deal to you, you've already ruled that out.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I don't want to get divorce. I had a wnderful job and situation in my country, but I quit. Because I wanted to be with a man that I love him. I know what he is donig is for me. He loves me and doesn't want to lose me. we are so in pain. I was so confused and wanted to share my experience with others and get some advice. I never wanted to find a way for divorce.

Again, IMHO it is all the more reason you should talk to him. It seems to me he is in pain and you are in pain as a consequence of his suffering. You can put an end to it.

Talk to him. Let him know you believe he is suffering and afraid he will disappoint and lose you. You are the only person who can reassure him that he will not lose you because you love him and that you want to be with him.

Forgive me if I sound insensitive - it is not my intention - but it seems to me you are dragging this issue and getting the opinions of strangers when you can take matters in your own hand and find resolution and peace. It is your marriage and it is your life. Perhaps what he most needs from you right now is the reassurance that you are not going to leave him for something like that. He may be suffering thinking you would leave and divorce him if you found out about the treatment.

If you really love him, consider that you are allowing him to suffer more and more with each passing moment. He is your husband. 'For better or worse'. Remember that.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

It is a little confusing to say you're in pain about it, but then to be asking about his infertility as possible grounds for a divorce. If it 'doesn't matter to you' like you say - why even ask if it is grounds for a divorce? Something doesn't seem to add up whether we know you or not. All we know is what you reveal to us, and perhaps you misstated something - but what you did say doesn't exactly read like an innocent musing. There really is little need to bring out something this personal on to a public forum unless there is a reason for it - like finding a way to divorce him.

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.