Cmptrsdeal

Filipina Wife Abandoned me, Pending I-485, What should I do?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Usually mails from USCIS are return if they have have a forward address on file. I'm with you though on the possibility that she already received her GC.

Or, she could just ask the local post office to hold her mail, and pick it up at her convenience. I wonder if the postmaster would even tell you if she was doing that.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I like Tahoma's response. File for divorce, withdraw your application contact USCIS. Do not call or let her in your home and or be alone for fear of an allegation of abuse. See a divorce and an immigration attorney asap.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your plight.

Right now you need to protect yourself, learn your rights and responsibilities (immigration and family law)....

Time to lawyer up! :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

My wife left me almost a month ago and she has not seemed much in this marrriage. I don't know what to do. She refuses to communicate and prefers to have her single life back. I have no idea where she is now. I've heard she moved again and is now with other ppl I've never met. I looked today on the USCIS website and the status has changed. It now says: Your Case Status:

Card/ Document Production We have not had an interview or anything and when I've tried to call USCIS and let them know she left me and this marriage, they tell me they can't talk about the case unless the applicant is here with me. What sense does that make? I do not know what to do and it see by: Your Case Status:

Card/ Document Production. It means they are going to straight mail her green card to her, I thought we had to go through an interview process or something, not just HERE YOU GO. Any ideas or suggestions really would be appreciative.

I'm so sorry to hear about your story. anyways If the case status was already in card document production, they are going to send the card soon, not everybody have interview for (I-485 Conditional Green Card) the computer pick randomly, don't worry coz they are gonna send the card in your address, unless she already fill out the form for change address,however if you receive her mail from uscis try to call them back , don't open it coz that's not yours,ask them what to do, or send the card back to uscis, with an explaination letter.

Goodluck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

they are going to send the card soon, not everybody have interview for (I-485 Conditional Green Card) the computer pick randomly,

Where do you get the "computer pick randomly" statement from?

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

this is sad :( hope u could find the best solution the soonest possible time! praying for u!

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Our K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/02/12 - NOA2 hard copy
11/05/12 - NVC Received
11/06/12 - MNL Case Number Assigned
12/17-18/12 - Medical Exam
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

05/28/13 - I-485/ I-765 Sent

06/04/13 - NOA

06/27/13 - Biometrics Appointment

07/16/13 - AOS status: Ready for Testing and Interview
07/25/13 - AOS status: Scheduled Interview on August 26, 2013
07/29/13 - EAD status: Card Production
08/02/13 - EAD Card Mailed
08/05/13 - EAD Card Delivered
08/26/13 - AOS Interview (Approved)
08/26/13 - AOS status: Permanent Resident Status Registered
08/29/13 - AOS status: Card Production
08/30/13 - AOS Card Mailed

Filed: Timeline

Where do you get the "computer pick randomly" statement from?

I guess when the general public is not privy to the selection process, it does seem to be random. I suspect it has to do with geography. Everybody we know personally had to go through an AOS interview, and never had a ROC interview. But, I know from other folks here, that is not the case everywhere. Could it be certain countries, or certain local offices make it more likely to get an interview? Good topic for a poll to make any sense of it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Most K-1s get approved for AOS without an interview.

OP - the best advice is to file for divorce and if the green card shows up in your mailbox, to return it to the USCIS. You could even make an Infopass appointment to hand deliver it to your local office - although if you think she might contact you to see if the green card has arrived, then you would have to hand it over if she requests it so sending it back by return, certified mail, with a covering letter stating the recipient has decided she no longer wants to be married, moved out on xxx date to live with a new boyfriend and that you have no idea where she is so are returning the green card to USCIS may be safer since it will be in your hands a shorter period of time. You could also include in your letter that you tried to contact USCIS about this several times but no one would speak to you, and you just found out that you could have revoked the Affidavit of Support before the green card was issued but didn't find that out until after card production had been ordered or you would have done so.

There is no guarantee that anything might happen, but with the green card back in their hands and your additional information, USCIS may decide tore-open case for additional review. If that happens, you may have the opportunity to notify them that you now wish to withdraw the Affidavit of Support and are pursuing a divorce. As I said, I have no idea if this will happen but if she hasn't filed a change of address form with them, you can give it the best chance of happening by returning the green card and including this additional information.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Since your wife entered with a K-1 visa, it is quite common not to have an interview at the AoS stage.

Until the AoS petition has been adjudicated, you were able to withdraw your Affidavit of Support , the I-864, and that would have effectively killed the AoS petition. Like totally.

Now that the card is in production, the AoS has been adjudicated and you are on the hook 'til:

1) your wife has worked 10 years full time and paid those 40 quarters into the SSA cash pot

2) your wife dies

3) you die

4) your wife becomes a US citizen (which can happen as early as in half a decade)

5) your wife loses her status as a resident and is being ordered removed.

From what you wrote, it is possible that your wife planed this from the get-go. If that is the case, she may have another card in her sleeve: VAWA. I suggest you do not meet with her alone anymore. All she has to do is show up with bruises in her face and call the cops, and she's moving back into your house, but you'll move out. Seriously.

If she does not do that, she'll have to remove conditions of her residency (RoC) via form I-751 within the 90 days before the second anniversary of her residency, so somewhere between July and October 2014 or once you guys are divorced, whatever comes first. To get the RoC thingi done without you signing on the dotted line, she will have to prove that she entered the marriage in good faith. To pull this off, she'll need a bunch of documents proving a life together until it went south. What you can do is make sure such documents do not exist. No joint lease or rent, no joint bank account. Furthermore write a letter to the USCIS with your wife's A number and inform them that your wife left you and that you are separated already. Mention that you feel that she used you for a Green Card. That's all you can do for now.

Good luck.

Edited by Brother Hesekiel

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife left me almost a month ago and she has not seemed much in this marrriage. I don't know what to do. She refuses to communicate and prefers to have her single life back. I have no idea where she is now. I've heard she moved again and is now with other ppl I've never met. I looked today on the USCIS website and the status has changed. It now says: Your Case Status:

Card/ Document Production We have not had an interview or anything and when I've tried to call USCIS and let them know she left me and this marriage, they tell me they can't talk about the case unless the applicant is here with me. What sense does that make? I do not know what to do and it see by: Your Case Status:

Card/ Document Production. It means they are going to straight mail her green card to her, I thought we had to go through an interview process or something, not just HERE YOU GO. Any ideas or suggestions really would be appreciative.

Her immigration status is no longer your concern and it makes no difference to you.

Your options...

1. Offer her an "open marriage" and live happily ever after with an incredible sex life and ask her to work in some extra girls for you. She should go along with that. Seems fair. she gets the security of marriage and freedom to have recreational sex.

2. Divorce her and marry a Ukrainian woman. Be happy you have the opportunity and that she left before she cost you a lot more money

If you decide to divorce, let USCIS know with a registered letter and you are done with it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.