Cmptrsdeal

Filipina Wife Abandoned me, Pending I-485, What should I do?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife left me almost a month ago and she has not seemed much in this marrriage. I don't know what to do. She refuses to communicate and prefers to have her single life back. I have no idea where she is now. I've heard she moved again and is now with other ppl I've never met. I looked today on the USCIS website and the status has changed. It now says: Your Case Status:

Card/ Document Production We have not had an interview or anything and when I've tried to call USCIS and let them know she left me and this marriage, they tell me they can't talk about the case unless the applicant is here with me. What sense does that make? I do not know what to do and it see by: Your Case Status:

Card/ Document Production. It means they are going to straight mail her green card to her, I thought we had to go through an interview process or something, not just HERE YOU GO. Any ideas or suggestions really would be appreciative.

is she in the states?

the greencard will arrive at your address?

you can call them again and ask for ISO. not the first person, not their supervisor but ISO.

once you get to one, they can tell you what are your options.

my guess is, you got yourself used and you are stuck with her at least financially for at least 2 years.

but, that's a guess. talk to someone who can provide you with a real answer.

Timeline

Yeah, she is here in the states. Who or what is ISO? Like I said, she's already living with some other guy now and he's taking care of her.

So I don't really think it's my problem anymore, but I don't know what to do.

is she in the states?

the greencard will arrive at your address?

you can call them again and ask for ISO. not the first person, not their supervisor but ISO.

once you get to one, they can tell you what are your options.

my guess is, you got yourself used and you are stuck with her at least financially for at least 2 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Not a whole lot you can do at this point, she has been issued a green card even if she has not received it yet. You are on the hook for the I-864 until one of the conditions of the contract are met. Sorry this happened to you.

Timeline

Not a whole lot you can do at this point, she has been issued a green card even if she has not received it yet. You are on the hook for the I-864 until one of the conditions of the contract are met. Sorry this happened to you.

What conditions? Not sure what u mean and if she's not living with me, should not be my responsibility, she left me.

What conditions? Not sure what u mean and if she's not living with me, should not be my responsibility, she left me.

I-864, until she has enough work history, becomes citizen, gives up her residency or dies.

she is financially your responsibility according to the contract the sponsor signed on I-864.

your next chance of getting out of that is at 2 year mark when she needs to file for removal of conditions.

anyways, ISO = Immigration Services Officer

you could still call them, get to talk to ISO, and explain your situation and verify that the GC indeed is coming and ask if there indeed is nothing you can do.

for the least you might get them to mark her file and on the ROC stage there would be a flag.

Edited by tempa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If she ever becomes a public charge Govt will come after you. Who was her sponsor?

In this case you signed a contract with the Govt, that you will be responsible for her if she became a public charge and the contract expires when either she becomes a USC or she has worked for 40 qtrs.

Since she is living with other man does not mean you are out of the loop, even though she left you she was llowed to enter the country based on your request hence it is always adiviced on this forum make sure whom you are petitioning for.

You can contact the ISO as requested and I would advice put your case and all the details you have in writing and send it to the USCIS.

Also make sure you are covered if she claim a mental or physical harassment.

Filed: Timeline

I've tried to call USCIS and let them know she left me and this marriage, they tell me they can't talk about the case unless the applicant is here with me. What sense does that make?

VAWA. Same reason why when you take your wife to the hospital, they want to examine her first, before you can enter the examination room.

Up to ten years.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
VAWA. Same reason why when you take your wife to the hospital, they want to examine her first, before you can enter the examination room.

Actually it has nothing ing to do with VAWA. Simply put the I-485 is HER application to adjust status not the US Citizen's. All that is his in the packet is the Affidavit Of Spport which he could have withdrawn at any time BEFORE her Greencard was issued.

Filed: Timeline

Actually it has nothing ing to do with VAWA. Simply put the I-485 is HER application to adjust status not the US Citizen's. All that is his in the packet is the Affidavit Of Spport which he could have withdrawn at any time BEFORE her Greencard was issued.

That too.

Timeline

Not to change the topic but.... were there any signs this was gonna happen?? This is every sponsors worst nightmare. Any advice on protecting our assets would be greatly appreciated too. Sorry this happened to you tho. Hopefully you can detach yourself from her soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.