G&D

The Homeland Security Department

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOW! DHS is really steppin up to help us get our approvals!

Oh, and btw, I'm posting this here because I believe this whole idea is politically motivated by the Obamanation Menustration!

All you guys that have been LEGALLY waiting for many months, and still not approved, be sure to vote!

Article Here

WASHINGTON (AP) — Just three weeks after the Obama administration started accepting applications from young illegal immigrants seeking to avoid deportation and get a work permit, the government already has approved some of the roughly 72,000 applications the government has received.

The first wave of approvals comes months head of DHS' own estimates of how long the application process for the administration's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program could take — and less than 60 days before the Nov. 6 elections. According to an internal DHS document obtained by The Associated Press, the department's Citizenship and Immigration Services had estimated that each application could take several months to be completed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

While I am no fan of Obama I do believe he is the lesser of two evils come elections this fall. I will of course be writing in Ron Paul.

Regardless, in 2008 Obama campaigned promising to fix the immigration situation. While this isn't an amnesty, and it's not even a path to permanent residency or citizenship... it is a step in the right direction. I for one, praise Obama for getting this done. Like I said, I will be voting for Ron Paul, but I do admire Obama for at least moving immigration in the right direction and sticking to his word. Now it's time to get out of the middle-East... another promise he campaigned on. If he pulls out every troop we have in the middle-East by Nov 1, then I will consider voting for him. Ron Paul was the future America needed and needs, but I would much prefer to see Obama stay in office if Romney is the alternative.

WOW! DHS is really steppin up to help us get our approvals!

Oh, and btw, I'm posting this here because I believe this whole idea is politically motivated by the Obamanation Menustration!

All you guys that have been LEGALLY waiting for many months, and still not approved, be sure to vote!

Article Here

WASHINGTON (AP) — Just three weeks after the Obama administration started accepting applications from young illegal immigrants seeking to avoid deportation and get a work permit, the government already has approved some of the roughly 72,000 applications the government has received.

The first wave of approvals comes months head of DHS' own estimates of how long the application process for the administration's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program could take — and less than 60 days before the Nov. 6 elections. According to an internal DHS document obtained by The Associated Press, the department's Citizenship and Immigration Services had estimated that each application could take several months to be completed.

Edited by Ready to do it

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

That AP article is all over the map. Although part of an ongoing question elsewhere on VJ is being answered (that these DA petitions are being given priority for processing), there's still no firm answer regarding the effect on processing time of traditional (legal) petitions.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

While I am no fan of Obama I do believe he is the lesser of two evils come elections this fall. I will of course be writing in Ron Paul.

Regardless, in 2008 Obama campaigned promising to fix the immigration situation. While this isn't an amnesty, and it's not even a path to permanent residency or citizenship... it is a step in the right direction. I for one, praise Obama for getting this done. Like I said, I will be voting for Ron Paul, but I do admire Obama for at least moving immigration in the right direction and sticking to his word. Now it's time to get out of the middle-East... another promise he campaigned on. If he pulls out every troop we have in the middle-East by Nov 1, then I will consider voting for him. Ron Paul was the future America needed and needs, but I would much prefer to see Obama stay in office if Romney is the alternative.

This was right move only to win the hispanic voters who are the majpority to be benefited from this deportation.

If Obama really wanted to fix something he had 2 yrs where Dems has majority in both house and senate instead he waited to pass something like this until the time of election.

That AP article is all over the map. Although part of an ongoing question elsewhere on VJ is being answered (that these DA petitions are being given priority for processing), there's still no firm answer regarding the effect on processing time of traditional (legal) petitions.

These are legal petitions. Sorry. You might not like them but the petitions themselves are not illegal.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

This was right move only to win the hispanic voters who are the majpority to be benefited from this deportation.

Sorry, this is illogical. How would Hispanic voters benefit from deportation, especially if such voters are (by definition) citizens and therefore not subject to deportation order unless their citizenship had been revoked?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

He promised progress. I'm glad he has succeeded with his promise, irrespective of when it happened. It would be a flawed argument to think that he is passing this for their votes as none of them will be eligible to vote anyhow. You have to be a citizen to vote.

If Obama really wanted to fix something he had 2 yrs where Dems has majority in both house and senate instead he waited to pass something like this until the time of election.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you prefer Obama to Romney why waste your vote on Ron Paul?

Timeline

1) I do not really care for Romney or Obama. They are both one in the same... spend, spend, spend. Nor do I think we have had even an average president, since Ronald Reagan. I will not vote for a president that supports any sort of military action on any soil outside the US for any reason.

2) I live in Texas. Obama will not win Texas.

3) I'd be shocked if Obama doesn't win the election by at least 300-238 delegates. I think it will be more like 325-213.

4) I'm in my 40's. In my voting lifetime, Ron Paul is the only candidate that has ever been worthy of my vote.

If you prefer Obama to Romney why waste your vote on Ron Paul?

Edited by Ready to do it

I will not vote for a president that supports any sort of military action on any soil outside the US for any reason.

For any reason???? :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

2) I live in Texas. Obama will not win Texas.

My prediction - MOST of the hispanic registered voters are gonna vote for him, and when it's all analyzed, 'they' will find that over 80 percent of the Registered Hispanic Voters voted for him, giving him a 64 percent 'take' in Texas, compared to MRomKnees.

Lets see what happens, aye?

There really are more registered Hispanic voters in Texas ...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

It wouldn't surprise me if most of the hispanics that vote, do in fact vote for Obama. The issue is how many people vote.

Of the registered hispanics that vote, sure maybe 80% will vote for Obama, but are you suggesting that 80% of Registered Hispanic voters are actually going to vote? You do realize in 2008, there were a total of 20 million ballots casted in the entire US. It is also a fact that the elderly and specifically white elderly have the highest percentage of voters. It would be pretty shocking to see even 20% of registered hispanics vote in an election. Albeit, if 20% of them did vote and 80% of them were to vote for the same candidate that would be a very big chunk of the total ballots cast in an election.

Regarding Texas, 12 years from now... yes there could be a swing in vote due to hispanics growing numbers. But right now, I don't see it happening...not in Texas.

My prediction - MOST of the hispanic registered voters are gonna vote for him, and when it's all analyzed, 'they' will find that over 80 percent of the Registered Hispanic Voters voted for him, giving him a 64 percent 'take' in Texas, compared to MRomKnees.

Lets see what happens, aye?

There really are more registered Hispanic voters in Texas ...