26 posts in this topic

how many times and how many different ways will you be able to answer this OP?

and still remain patient??? :blink:

You thought I was patient? Thank you :) I thought I started to get on the snarky side.

I think Nich-Nick laid it out well in the background thread I linked.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Cool to see people are happy being dicks on this site :( bad times that we cant all just help each other. I thought maybe I worded my question wrong last time.

From the time we submitted our forms till AOS approval (112 days).

Timeline:

January 9, 2012 : Arrived in the United States on VWP from Scotland to visit for a few months.
March 23, 2012 : Married in Pekin, IL
heart.gif
March 19, 2013 (day 1) : Forms sent into the Chicago Lockbox

March 26, 2013 (day 7) : NOA1 Reciepts for I-130, I-765, I-485; case accepted
April 4, 2013 (day 19) : Change of Address reciept
April 10, 2013 (day 25) : Biometrics appointment notice, appointment sent for April 23rd
April 15, 2013 (day 30) : RFE for I-485
April 23, 2013 (day 38) : Biometrics appointment in Naperville, IL. Super easy, no wait.
April 28 2013 (day 43) : Receipt of Evidence
May 5, 2013 (day 47) : Interview appointment to be scheduled

May 11, 2013 (day 53) : Interview set for July 9, 2013

May 27, 2013 (day 69): EAD has been ordered/sent out

June 6, 2013 (day 79): recieved EAD, applied for SSN

June 14, 2013 (day 87): Recieved SSN

July 1, 2013 (day 104): HIRED!!! (two jobs I might add!!))

July 9, 2013 (Day 112): AOS Interview @Chicago Office, APPROVED ON THE SPOT!!!

July 10, 2013 (Day 113): Illinois Drivers License!!!

July 12,2013 (Day 115): GC Production ordered

July 17, 2013 (Day 120): Green Card Recieved!!!

TWO LOVELY YEARS (July 2013 - October 2015)

October 27, 2015 (Day 1 ROC): Sent ROC packet with fee waiver and late explaination

November 11, 2015 (Day 15 ROC): Packet Denied based on lack of evidence for fee waiver

December 22nd, 2016 (Day 1 restart ROC): Packet resubmitted with better evidence

January 23rd, 2017 (Day 32 since restart ROC): Packet accepted and fee waiver approved

mbpndc.jpg

Your only option for him to stay here legally is to apply for Adjustment of Status. And that means you have two issues to deal with:

Application fees + The Affidavit of Support in the application

For the application fees:

Do you have a credit card?

Does your husband have a credit card?

If your family and friends will not lend you the money what about your husband's family and friends?

Do you have anything you can sell?

Does your husband have anything in the UK he can sell have have friends and family send the money over?

For the Affidavit of Support:

You need to check now whether your job covers the poverty level specified for the size of your household and if not you will need a co-sponsor willing to sign.

If you can't come up with a solution to BOTH of these issues then your husband will have to return to the UK and allow you both to work and save up separately to solve these issues. And if he's going to go back better to do that before he incurs a 3-year-ban.

There are no legal options for your husband to work in the US in your current situation.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nevermind the fact that some might take offense to your wording with your question; this is why (if your beneficiary partner is here on a marriage/fiance visa) they require a financial sponsor or co-sponsor. The government doesn't want people coming over and becoming reliant upon it, or in cases similar to yours, overstaying their welcome on claims of inability to pay. Therefore, it's your/your co-sponsor's responsibility to make sure the money is available to pay for things like this. At this point, your partner has overstayed his/her welcome and might even be a candidate for deportation/ban from re-entry. Find an attorney.

Our K-1 Visa Timeline

• Jan 20th, 2012 - Mailed I-129F Package to VSC
  • Jan 31st, 2012 - NOA1 Received
  • Jul 11th, 2012 - NOA2 Received
  • Jul 17th, 2012 - Received at NVC/Case Number Assigned
  • Jul 19th, 2012 - Petition Sent to Casablanca Consulate
  • Jul 23rd, 2012 - Petition Received at Casablanca
  • Jul 27th, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
  • Sept 5th, 2012 - Interview (approved)
  • Sept. 7th, 2012 - Visa Received
  • November 16th, 2012 - POE: Atlanta, GA
  • December 1st, 2012 - Married
  • March 21st, 2013 - AOS Filed
  • March 29th, 2013 - I-485 NOA Received
  • June 19th, 2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • July 11th, 2013 - EAD and AP Combined Card Received
  • September 20th, 2013 - NOID issued for missing immunization records
  • September 26th - 27th, 2013 - Obtained updated immunization, physical, sealed records from Civil Surgeon
  • October 3rd, 2013 - Immunization records mailed to USCIS Charlotte Office
  • October 8th, 2013 - Immunization records received at USCIS
  • October 29th, 2013 - I-485 Application to adjust status to Marriage Visa approved (no interview)
  • November 7th, 2013 - Restricted Green Card arrived
  • July 31st, 2015 - I-751 Removal of Conditions filed
  • August 3rd, 2015 - Received ROC NOA1
  • August 25th, 2015 - Biometrics appointment completed
  • July 14th, 2016 - Application for 10-year visa approved; new card in production
  • July 22nd, 2016 - 10-year visa received
  • September 6th, 2016 - Filed N-400 petition for naturalization
  • September 9th, 2016 - N-400 petition for naturalization received by USCIS - Texas Lockbox (September 9th priority date)
  • September 16th, 2016 - NOA received for N-400
  • October 7th, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
  • October 25th, 2016 - placed in line to receive naturalization interview date
  • February 27th, 2017 - interview scheduled
  • March 3rd, 2017 - NOA received for interview date
  • April 3rd, 2017 - naturalization interview - PASSED!
  • April 21st, 2017 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband overstayed by nearly 2 years before we filed for AOS, mostly because we couldn't afford the fees. (But also because we procrastinate a bit.)

It sucked. He couldn't work, we were afraid to let him drive much, so he basically was trapped at home everyday until I came home from work. Then we couldn't afford to do much anyway. We also had a constant fear that somehow INS would show up and haul him away, however irrational that was. That said, at least we were together and eventually we did save up the money. If I'm being honest, we could have saved more faster. We could have skipped some bottles of wine or trips to the movies. I didn't want him to go back to Canada and risk not being able to get back here. So we suffered through it. But it has been tough.

I bet there are things you could cut out to start saving. Maybe you could get a 2nd job for a little while?

Of course, if you don't make enough to be his sponsor and you don't have a co-sponsor, he should leave before he incurs a ban.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

OP - You lose all sympathy when you say that you are better than other people because you are functional and that everyone else is a scam because they are "rich." It seems to me that you have done an adult thing but you are not an adult. You both dropped out of college, your husband is deportable, and you have no way to get the fees to rectify this if you cannot borrow from someone and get a co-sponsor.

I think I answered you very diplomatically in your other thread, and you did not reply, but started a new thread.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Even though you are not supposed to "work" (and I'm not saying it do it ilegally), but I'm sure you can always go on craigslist and look around in the "gigs" section. People often need help with moving, moving, cleaning for a day and it's a good way of making cash and keep it under the radar. Not sure if you are required to pay taxes or if they keep track of it, but there's a website called odesk in which people can work remotely for short periods of time. Not sure what you or your spouse do, but you should check it out.

Going back to craigslist, you and your spouse can advertise private classes (let's say he plays the guitar and can teach, or math tutoring, who knows) also stuff like photography (if you have a decent SLR and like taking pictures), help with homework, editing thesis, babysitting, etc. There are plenty of stuff you can do for a few hrs here and there and make some extra cash on the side.

Not sure if this is considered "working ilegally". If so, don't do it, ha! - again, I'm not saying you should :)

Also make sure that you figure out the whole co-sponsor thing, if you don't have enough money to pay for AOS you most likely dont make enough to sponsor him either.

as1cHs-0g410510MDAwMTA1NHN8MDA5Njk4c3xXZVwndmUgYmVlbiBtYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Cool to see people are happy being dicks on this site :( bad times that we cant all just help each other. I thought maybe I worded my question wrong last time.

I seriously hope you are not referring to me being related to a male pen%$...because I make is my daily goal not to resemble anything but a lady....I just clicked on your content in your profile and found it humorous that you posted many times about the same fairy tale elopement and problems you have and continue posting the same problems until.....the answers might change???? :blink:

And a senior member of VJ gave advice over and over politely suggesting your option looks like your beloved husband would need to go home (since he over stayed and you have yet to file the proper papers for immigration) and find work instead of staying here any longer with illegal status and risk ban.

You did get help on here. Since July u were very well advised to file your papers and which ones. It is up to you to take the advice and do something for your situation. Not b upset and call people naughty names. :innocent:

Truly, I hope u find a way to a happy solution for you both.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is my fist time reading the thread, but I think that you are looking for a loophole than from what was discussed in your previous post. The key things to understand is at this moment until you file for your AOS, your husband has overstayed and is deportable, and may be issued a 3 year ban when you do file.

You must realize one thing in this process of immigration, that the LAW is the primary basis of all discussion. We all have loved ones that we want to be with and have by our side, however, we all are under the same legal guidelines for immigration. It would be in your best interest to read this information for yourself, go to a local law library to study it further, etc... In addition, you may have to work 3 jobs to earn the money to get the AOS. Everyone is not rich here, but we know how to manage to obtain the money necessary for this process.

Good Luck, and I hope you find the answers that you need.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Three topics on the same issue merged. DO NOT start another topic on this issue. If you have follow on questions or the answers given are unclear, post a reply in this topic rather than starting another. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Harpa has given you great advice.

You need a cosponsor. You could look around at local charities or places that help immigrants and see if they will help with the fees but that is doubtful.

If it has been less than 180 days your spouse can return home and he won't receive a ban so you could file for a CR-1 when you have the money. He won't be able to visit though.

Otherwise, he can stay illegally and not work. For the record, gigs off Craigslist that are paid would be illegal.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.