kmff

Extremely Stupid question

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No Glue, put them in a plastic bag for protection. Attach them to form via a paper clip. Make sure to put name as per the instructions.

Good luck

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancee already filled out the two forms 156. She is asking me whether or not she should glue her pictures to these forms? or if the pictures are taken to the interview and then attached to those forms?

Anyboy?

Thank you

When in doubt, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS !!!! If it doesn't say to affix the photos to the forms....there is your answer. :thumbs: Another good source of information about assembling forms is in the GUIDES section, located at the top of the forum page.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

When in doubt, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS !!!! If it doesn't say to affix the photos to the forms....there is your answer. :thumbs: Another good source of information about assembling forms is in the GUIDES section, located at the top of the forum page.

good.gifAmen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We staple them with the plastic bag onto a blank sheet of paper :S

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Filed: Timeline

The instructions on the form say to Glue or staple the picture... but I know that somewhere aloing the line I read about not doing that.... I just trying to double check...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The instructions on the form say to Glue or staple the picture... but I know that somewhere aloing the line I read about not doing that.... I just trying to double check...

It's really not a big deal. If you are in doubt, don't affix them to the paper with anything, and send them in a little bag... they will do it for you.

That's what I did with mine and there was no issue whatsoever good.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I stapled my pictures to the form, they were fine with that.

Our K-1 Visa Process

2011-12-12: I-129F Sent

2011-12-14: I-129F NOA1

2012-05-07: I-129F NOA2

2012-05-21: NVC Received

2012-06-14: Consulate Received

2012-07-03: Packet 3 Received

2012-07-04: Packet 3 Sent

2012-07-06: Packet 4 Received (Through e-mail only)

2012-07-10: Medical Date

2012-07-13: Medical Results in hand

2012-07-23: Interview Date APPROVED!

2012-07-31: Visa in hand!

2012-08-14: POE Toronto Airport - HOME!

2012-09-12: MARRIED!

2013-06-28: AOS approved! Waiting on the green card to be mailed!

pixel15.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I used monkey snot :D What's that called in English? Sticky tack, I think(appreciating my husband for understanding bad Danish translation). That way, the embassy was left to determine if they wanted to leave it as that or glue/tape/staple the onto the form.

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did glued mine in the forms. Some applicants in the embassy didn't glued nor stapled their picture but then the person incharge receiving the DS forms just stapled it.

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I emailed the Vancouver consulate about that - they have you fax the form in before they schedule your interview, so I asked whether I should attach the photo for the fax or not. They said attaching it for the fax was unnecessary. I gave them the photos at the interview. I don't know if they attached them to the original form after.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi all,

Another "stupid" question on the K-1 process. I have my interview on August 22nd.

I will bring all forms required. So I made a copy of the DS-156 to have two copies.

Now on the DS-157, the last section asks if you made any travel arrangement. I did (for air ticket cost obvioulsy).

Would it be an issue during the interview?

And I guess putting No would be dumb as it would be so easy for them to check with my passport number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.