Danno

Danno went to Chick-Fil-A

262 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Well, you answered your question in your own post, really. When his own personal opinion discriminates against others, that's discrimination.

But as I said, and you pointed out, that he only expressed his opinion. Expressing an opinion is not discrimination unless you put that opinion into action. As far as I know, he hasn't. Suppose I own a clothing store. Suppose I have in innate hatred of tall people and I go on TV and say so. Unless I stop serving tall people all I have done is to show my stupidity. There was no discrimination unless you advocate the thought police enforcing good think, bad think laws.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Actually, so far in this whole flap there has only been one group told "You are not welcome here" -Mainstream religious people.

And it wasn't said by a business man, what makes it so outrageous is it was said by the Government... with threats of government retaliation.

All because a person does not agree with something that is illegal in most parts of the country.

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i went for breakfast...super busy

i went for lunch...super busy

i'm going for dinner...i'm expecting the same.

this might turn out to be the best day in chick-fil-a history.

Looks like the whole thing has been a boon for Chick Fil A.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

We ate at Chick-fil-A for lunch. We couldn't get in the parking lot so we had to park across the street. The line inside was over 50 people. As we sat at our table eating, the line never got shorter, people just kept coming in. We left at around 2:15 and it was still packed. We drove around to a few other Chick-fil-A restaurants and they were all just as crowded even though it was well past the lunch rush.

Interesting thing was, as I talked to other people in the restaurant, nobody was anti-gay and I didn't hear anybody say anything angry or intolerant at all. Most were there just to support the idea of the owner having the freedom to voice his opinion. The best part was that even though the line was long, nobody in the line complained. Everybody just talked to each other and waited their turn.

Eat more Chikin.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We ate at Chick-fil-A for lunch. We couldn't get in the parking lot so we had to park across the street. The line inside was over 50 people. As we sat at our table eating, the line never got shorter, people just kept coming in. We left at around 2:15 and it was still packed. We drove around to a few other Chick-fil-A restaurants and they were all just as crowded even though it was well past the lunch rush.

Interesting thing was, as I talked to other people in the restaurant, nobody was anti-gay and I didn't hear anybody say anything angry or intolerant at all. Most were there just to support the idea of the owner having the freedom to voice his opinion. The best part was that even though the line was long, nobody in the line complained. Everybody just talked to each other and waited their turn.

Eat more Chikin.

Did you have the chicken sandwich?

the-tastiest-way-make-liberal-mad-who-cares-chick-fil-1stame-politics-1343775466.jpg

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Timeline

Looks like the whole thing has been a boon for Chick Fil A.

I seriously doubt it. Today was a good sales day for CFA. Tomorrow will be business as usual, except for the loss of untold customers who won't eat there again, and the continuous drain as awareness continues to spread. One day of support won't begin to cover that.

Sometimes bad press really is bad press.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I happen to think Chick-Fil-A's food tastes like #######, so the decision not to eat there is pretty easy for me.

and another thing mox and i agree on. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

gfy!

got fired yesterday? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't get the support for the CEO expressing his opinion, but the boycott makes little sense either unless the company was discriminating against gay employees and/or customers.

As to why it doesn't make sense supporting the CEO by eating there - imagine if we were talking about a chain called, Akbar's Chicken, and the CEO, Akbar, openly expressed his opinion that 911 attack was the fault of U.S. presence in the M.E., would people eat at his place to show their support for his opinion, even if it were inflammatory and unpopular?

Or... suppose it was a chain called, Bubba's Chicken and the CEO said the Oklahoma City bombing was the fault of the ATF and its 'jack-booted thugs,' would people support him expressing his opinion by eating at his restaurant on a special day?

CEO's have a right to express their opinions, but people also have a right boycott the company that CEO represents, even if it's in response to his opinion about a controversial topic. Supporting the CEO for giving his opinion though seems misplaced, unproductive and only further divides the country. Those who want to eat there, should eat there, but they don't need make it into a political statement.