Henry&Rebecca

Is there a downside to expedite request?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello all,

Just wondering if there's any downsides to requesting an expedite. I have visited the USCIS website and checked out their expedite criteria, and I do believe I have a valid enough reason for an expedite request, but then again it's not about what I believe is a valid reason, now is it? :D .

So if it turns out that my expedite request is declined, would it harm my petition in any way?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

Just wondering if there's any downsides to requesting an expedite. I have visited the USCIS website and checked out their expedite criteria, and I do believe I have a valid enough reason for an expedite request, but then again it's not about what I believe is a valid reason, now is it? :D .

So if it turns out that my expedite request is declined, would it harm my petition in any way?

Nope, it will not hurt your petition timeline...just be prepared to provide PROOF of your reason.

Timeline

Nope, it will not hurt your petition timeline...just be prepared to provide PROOF of your reason.

Excellent!

*Goes off to break both his legs and declare bankruptcy* Desperate times call for desperate measures!!!!

(I'm obviously joking, btw :D)

Timeline

Excellent!

*Goes off to break both his legs and declare bankruptcy* Desperate times call for desperate measures!!!!

(I'm obviously joking, btw :D)

....ok....just a joke :lol: But, I'm not sure that would qualify for an expidite.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Nope, no harm in trying. We weren't sure either but decided to try our luck, and were approved :) In the end it didn't help us much but we were able to skip a few steps along the way. Good luck!

I-130 filed September 20th, 2011

NOA-1 September 26th, 2011

NOA-2 March 20th, 2012

NVC Case # April 12th, 2012

Mailed DS-3032 April 14th, 2012

AOS fee shown as PAID April 18th, 2012

Mailed DS-3032 AGAIN April 20th, 2012 (no word on the previous one...)

Expedite request sent May 2nd, 2012

Expedite approved May 8th, case transferred to Helsinki Embassy!

Medical June 5th, 2012

Interview July 2nd, 2012 - APPROVED!

Visa in hand July 10th, 2012

POE August 23rd, Chicago O'Hare

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am going to disagree. There won;t be a major downside- you won't get denied the visa if your expedite request gets denied. But from anecdotal evidence on here, it seems that an expedite request will pull your file out of line while it is being reviewed for expiedite, then put back into the queue further back, so you MAY loose a couple of weeks if denied.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I am going to disagree. There won;t be a major downside- you won't get denied the visa if your expedite request gets denied. But from anecdotal evidence on here, it seems that an expedite request will pull your file out of line while it is being reviewed for expiedite, then put back into the queue further back, so you MAY loose a couple of weeks if denied.

This is the type of thing I almost immediately was scared of when the thought came to mind. If this will be the case, then I'd rather not take the risk as it's already been 6 weeks since my NoA1 and I certainly wouldn't want to reset my position in the queue. Perhaps others can confirm this as well? Be it through experience with expedite denials, or just knowledge of the process?

Timeline

and you know this how penguin? How do you know that they even pulled the case on a request? they may very well pull it out only if the request is approved.

She doesn't know....this is just all speculation and opinion since none of us work for the DHS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yep, that is correct, I do not have a policy or proof (as I mentioned), just from what I read on here about people who had expedites denied, they seem to have slightly longer cases. However, if you have a good case for expedite, I would definitely go ahead and give it a try- saving 4+ months vs potentially loosing 2-3 weeks is good odds.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

oh my god. am in trouble then. Thats terrible news. In my case i have not received denial. i was asked to provide proof. I spoke to the customer service aganet, he placed a request. Do i need to respeond to the email they sent?

Edited by berhanu

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

yes for me :bonk: :bonk: :rofl::crying:

i requested twice to expedite my I-129F with the same reason. but they both deny it :crying: now seems that they giving me hardtime..now i have rfe. i send the doc they requested last wk and still waiting for my noa2. toooooooo sad seems that people who never request for expedite had their noa2 earlier :crying:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

terrible news . i wish i had not applied. but since they said they were not able to deny or approve my application for expedite in the absence of prooof, is that a good thing? They asked that i submit proof so that my request can be reviewed. I hope they have not pulled out my file as yet from the queue?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

yes for me :bonk: :bonk: :rofl::crying:

i requested twice to expedite my I-129F with the same reason. but they both deny it :crying: now seems that they giving me hardtime..now i have rfe. i send the doc they requested last wk and still waiting for my noa2. toooooooo sad seems that people who never request for expedite had their noa2 earlier :crying:

Look like it did not slow your process a bit. If you would not make a silly error, you would get NOA2 in less then 5 month. For CSC 5 month is normal.

Here is quote from your time line:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 31, 2012 and August 6, 2012* (RFEs at the California Service Center typically add an extra 27 days, which has been added to the estimated processing time).

dd/mm/yyyy K-1

01/03/2012 === I-129F sent via USPS

01/05/2012 === I-129F delivered to USCIS (PO BOX)

01/06/2012 === I-129F officially received by USCIS (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/09/2012 === I-129F official notice day (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/10/2012 === NOA1 received by Email. Case routed to California Service Center

01/13/2012 === I-129F official hard copy received from USCIS

03/29/2012 === I-129F touched.

06/11/2012 === I-129F Approved (157 days)

06/12/2012 === NOA2 received by Email.

06/12/2012 === I-129F touched.

07/02/2012 === I-129F touched. (I hope it is gong to NVC ;) ) (NOA2 approved for 2nd time)

07/06/2012 === 2nd NOA2 official hard copy received from USCIS. ( I am furious about getting my application approved for 2nd time. I wonder why they did it? )

07/05/2012 === NVC received

07/10/2012 === NVC left

07/16/2012 === Consulate received (via DHL tracking)

08/21/2012 === Inteview (Approved)

11/04/2012 === POE at Detroit

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

In the end it is a personal call and you need a valid reason, just not tired of waiting.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.