firehawk1010

For those of you who doubted

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just for the record... If you enter the US with the intention of getting married, on any visa other than a K1, that's considered fraud. Misinterpretation will also come into place because, to get past a CBP officer, you'll most likely lie when stating the purpose of your visit.

good point celeste, knowing the purpose for entering the trip and not stating it to the POE officer is fraud. :thumbs:

Be careful abou this.

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

As far as your criminal record, you have none and you should have no worries.SAs far as coming to the US and later applying for the K-1 visa I would check before you get your hopes up, although I hope I am wrong and you could be here with your loved one while going through the journey. It may depend on the country but I have seen several people here who had visa rejected when requested to visit a Fiancé and where directed to file K-1 visa. GOOD LUCK!

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Filed: Timeline

Curious why people here said you would have problems? Being accused or even charged with something is in and of itself NO problem. Only CONVICTIONS matter. If you were found not guilty on all charges, they are innocent by the law, nothing happened, by law that can't have any repercussions. You don't even need to list it, etc. It's not a criminal history to be CHARGED, only CONVICTED.

You didn't plea bargain, you didn't do time, then you have NO criminal background to worry about.

Anyway, people here probably assume even though you were innocent that you did something wrong and want to think bad of you. Screw them.

^ Yes. Totally agree with what was said above.

Let's sort out the wheat from the chaff here.

You CAN get married here on a B visa, legally. Your spouse would return home after marriage, and the couple would then pursue a CR1/IR1 visa to bring the non US spouse here to live permanently. Traveling between the UK (or whatever country) and here after marrying a US citizen can work, or it can also be problematic - depending on the CBP officer you encounter at the POE and whether or not they feel you have immigrant intent (since you now have a spouse living in the US).

It is NOT legal, however, to seek a B visa, come here, marry and settle down without returning to your home country. If you leave your home country with a visitor's visa and the intent to marry and settle here, that is visa fraud.

Some people come here intending to visit for a simple vacation, but get married on the spur of the moment and decide not to return home. The onus is then on that couple to prove that there was no fraudulent intent upon entering the US when being interviewed by USCIS for the subsequent green card. If the USCIS doesn't believe the marriage was spur of the moment, the green card can be denied with no chance of appeal. (Essentially, you play - you might pay)

A K1 visa is designed as a path for those who want to bring a FIANCE/E to the US to subsequently get married here and settle here.

Each path has it's own legalities and steps which must be followed - all of which have been outlined on the VJ guides.

I was under the impression that you could legally come into the US on a tourist visa / VWP and marry, as long as you left the country within the 90 days that the visa is good for. Then, you'd begin the CR-1 process. A.k.a. As long as the non-USC is NOT coming here, marrying, and staying, it's legal. Why would you have to prove that the marriage was spur of the moment, if the non-USC left after the marriage took place and then did things the legal way from their home country? Seems to me like the CR-1 visa shouldn't even exist then if that's how it is... I mean, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

OP

since recently joining the friendly site of VJ (4 weeks ago)u have publicly searched by asking "legitimate questions" to obtain a visa to immigrate to the U.S. and this is why it seems like you might not have a Bona Fide Relationship with your SO. I post nothing negative and intend nothing with accusation

These are all your words from your posts in snippets.....

Posted 13 May 2012 ~

I want to move to the US but realise that it is not a matter of "get up and go".

I understand that the couple of ways to get a visa is either to get married to someone in the US and move there (obviously a proper devoted marriage) or to work for a US company who will sponser you and move you over.

however for me, both options are not possible.

I have no criminal record of any kind and are self employed in IT. I also have a US B1/B2 Visa (a business and visitor visa).

I am wanting to change my life and move away from where I am and would rather move to the US.

What things are possible for me to do this? Any suggestions or advice are welcome!

Posted 07 June 2012~

Hi.

if one wants to give up their UK citizenship (they were born and bred in the UK), then is it possible to gain for a US citizenship or would the same principals apply where you can only get a visa if a company employs you or you get married etc... ?

Posted 04 July 2012 ~

I currently live in the UK. I am wanting to move to the US for many reasons. The main being my line of work (in IT)I am wondering, is it possible for me to get a visa and migrate over taking my business with me? if so - what is the process? Anyone know where I stand on this? Like I said, I want to move myself and my company over to the US and continue doing what I do with the business but in US.

And when that post did not get the answers....

Posted 13 July 2012 ~

So,

for a K1 - how does it work? I mean from what I understand the person in the US would file for this. So what do they file? What sort of details are on the form they need to fill in?

what if the DOB is entered differently than the actual DOB? just the years having a mistake?

does age difference matter? she is older than me - around 10 years.

lets just say that she thinks im 2 years older than my DOB. but i think we all do that when you are dating.... ( you bad boy :no: )

Four days ago...

well we arent engaged or anything yet. and it is still new, the relationship. but like i said... i have my reasons. she has her reasons for doing the same too!

Today ~

So I have a US girlfriend. we plan to marry at some point. Obviously means I would move over/immigrate to the US.

The bonus is, I dont need to apply for a K1 visa. I can get married on my curent B1/B2 visa then the girlfriend can file for the immigration thing/sponser. I can still continue to travel back and fourth which is ideal for me.

You seemed to have it all figured out now

BTW

IF this was for me....

what? give me a break.

I dont get why I cannot ask legitimate questions here. after all this is an open forum and it is meant to be a helpful community, not this kind of negitive and false accusation community.

You were helped in all your previous posts.

no wonder the world is in a state today because of such people.

Me being a member of VJ and pointing out that your story comes off questionable does not rock the state of the world.

I wonder why i bother anymore. I have nothing to hide so really, it is not my fault if you have issues. go sort them out

Thanks for the advice....No real hard issue on my side of the big pond (F)

I do wish you both good luck with your future

AMEN to your post.

I was under the impression that you could legally come into the US on a tourist visa / VWP and marry, as long as you left the country within the 90 days that the visa is good for. Then, you'd begin the CR-1 process. A.k.a. As long as the non-USC is NOT coming here, marrying, and staying, it's legal. Why would you have to prove that the marriage was spur of the moment, if the non-USC left after the marriage took place and then did things the legal way from their home country? Seems to me like the CR-1 visa shouldn't even exist then if that's how it is... I mean, right?

The CR1 visa is most definitely necessary. You can come here on the VWP get married, leave before the 90 days is up and go through the CR1 process. You can come here on a B2 visa, marry, leave before the date stamped on the visa by the POE officer and follow the CR1 process. You can marry anywhere in the world and then go through the CR1 process.

If you come on the VWP and/or tourist visa, get married and never leave the US, THEN you would have to prove the marriage was spur of the moment and not planned. At that point, since you're already in the US, you wouldn't need a visa obviously - so you'd be applying directly for adjustment of status/green card. In this scenario, USCIS would likely interview you to clarify your intentions upon entry, during which you would have to prove you didn't arrive with plans to marry.

I hope I wrote that a little more clearly. Esp. after editing for typos. LOL

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Coming on a tourist visa with the intent to stay and adjust status is immigration fraud. I do not see your criminal stuff as an issue but this one is a big "NONO".

Also just looking at your previous post I would question your relationships validity, but maybe I am just cynical?

Good luck with whatever you choose. :unsure:

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

The CR1 visa is most definitely necessary. You can come here on the VWP get married, leave before the 90 days is up and go through the CR1 process. You can come here on a B2 visa, marry, leave before the date stamped on the visa by the POE officer and follow the CR1 process. You can marry anywhere in the world and then go through the CR1 process.

If you come on the VWP and/or tourist visa, get married and never leave the US, THEN you would have to prove the marriage was spur of the moment and not planned.

I hope I wrote that a little more clearly.

Yes! Thank you!! That is exactly what I thought, just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly ... (just in case my boy and I ever decide to do that instead of E-2! hehehe) Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated! :)

Yes! Thank you!! That is exactly what I thought, just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly ... (just in case my boy and I ever decide to do that instead of E-2! hehehe) Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated! :)

No problem. I also edited the original post to clarify a little what the process would be if you married on the VWP and stayed. Which to me would be like playing Russian roulette with your future.

SA4userbar.jpg

No problem. I also edited the original post to clarify a little what the process would be if you married on the VWP and stayed. Which to me would be like playing Russian roulette with your future.

Oh, of course! Well, I guess unless the person doesn't mind getting banned from the country for good if caught? :lol::bonk::lol::bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Blackhawk - i read and offered advice on your previous post. I dont recall anyone saying you would have problems with a k1 visa because u have a conviction. People understood from your post that u did not. What followed your post was a discussion about the difference between acquittal and not guilty verdicts much of which was general and not intended to suggest you were convicted or would be seen by uscis at such. However, the advice given to u specifically was that if at any stage in the visa journey you were asked if you had ever been arrested for an offence then you would have to answer honestly that you had and you may be asked to provide details. This would still be the case if you have a lawyer or not or if you adjust from a B1 so my advice would be to prepare for that possibility and not assume that it will never be an issue. I wish u luck with your journey whichever route you take.

VAWA

February 10, 2014 - NOA1 for I-360, I485 and I-765

March 14, 2014 - Biometrics

April 4, 2014 - Approval of I-360!

May 14, 2014 - Approval of EAD

June 23, 2014 - I-485 transferred to NBC

August 7, 2014 - Put in service request

September 23, 2014 - Interview - approved!

October 4, 2014 - Green card received

Total time:7 months 25 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

OP

since recently joining the friendly site of VJ (4 weeks ago)u have publicly searched by asking "legitimate questions" to obtain a visa to immigrate to the U.S. and this is why it seems like you might not have a Bona Fide Relationship with your SO. I post nothing negative and intend nothing with accusation

These are all your words from your posts in snippets.....

Posted 13 May 2012 ~

I want to move to the US but realise that it is not a matter of "get up and go".

I understand that the couple of ways to get a visa is either to get married to someone in the US and move there (obviously a proper devoted marriage) or to work for a US company who will sponser you and move you over.

however for me, both options are not possible.

I have no criminal record of any kind and are self employed in IT. I also have a US B1/B2 Visa (a business and visitor visa).

I am wanting to change my life and move away from where I am and would rather move to the US.

What things are possible for me to do this? Any suggestions or advice are welcome!

Posted 07 June 2012~

Hi.

if one wants to give up their UK citizenship (they were born and bred in the UK), then is it possible to gain for a US citizenship or would the same principals apply where you can only get a visa if a company employs you or you get married etc... ?

Posted 04 July 2012 ~

I currently live in the UK. I am wanting to move to the US for many reasons. The main being my line of work (in IT)I am wondering, is it possible for me to get a visa and migrate over taking my business with me? if so - what is the process? Anyone know where I stand on this? Like I said, I want to move myself and my company over to the US and continue doing what I do with the business but in US.

And when that post did not get the answers....

Posted 13 July 2012 ~

So,

for a K1 - how does it work? I mean from what I understand the person in the US would file for this. So what do they file? What sort of details are on the form they need to fill in?

what if the DOB is entered differently than the actual DOB? just the years having a mistake?

does age difference matter? she is older than me - around 10 years.

lets just say that she thinks im 2 years older than my DOB. but i think we all do that when you are dating.... ( you bad boy :no: )

Four days ago...

well we arent engaged or anything yet. and it is still new, the relationship. but like i said... i have my reasons. she has her reasons for doing the same too!

Today ~

So I have a US girlfriend. we plan to marry at some point. Obviously means I would move over/immigrate to the US.

The bonus is, I dont need to apply for a K1 visa. I can get married on my curent B1/B2 visa then the girlfriend can file for the immigration thing/sponser. I can still continue to travel back and fourth which is ideal for me.

You seemed to have it all figured out now

BTW

IF this was for me....

what? give me a break.

I dont get why I cannot ask legitimate questions here. after all this is an open forum and it is meant to be a helpful community, not this kind of negitive and false accusation community.

You were helped in all your previous posts.

no wonder the world is in a state today because of such people.

Me being a member of VJ and pointing out that your story comes off questionable does not rock the state of the world.

I wonder why i bother anymore. I have nothing to hide so really, it is not my fault if you have issues. go sort them out

Thanks for the advice....No real hard issue on my side of the big pond (F)

I do wish you both good luck with your future

BOOM put that in your pipe and smoke it!

No, but really, if there was a better post in the whole VJ...

event.png