smur

I - 134 , after I -864 A

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Let me explain my situation first . My mom sponsored my grandmother 4 months ago .It was a immigration petition and I was co sponsor . Now my aunt wants to come here with her 3 kids to attend my sis's wedding ceremony . Now I have couple of questions .

1= Can I sponsor her for a temporary visit (Remember I was Co sponsor for I-130 4 months ago )?

2= Will I be able to sponsor my fiance after that ? will this sponsor affect my fiance sponsor or not ?

3= Plz tell me the exact time period to sponsor another person .

I am US Citizen, my annual income is around $36000 ,and I have almost $18000 in bank account .

Edited by smur

Don't know about 1. But as a cosponsor you are on the hook until the immigrant you sponsors becomes a citizen, or worked a certain amount of quarters, they die or you die. Therefore you will be sponsoring your fiance and your grandmother at the same time. Which means your household will include grandma, fiance, you and any children you may have. Assuming you don't have anyone else in the household, $36000 should be more then sufficient.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Let me explain my situation first . My mom sponsored my grandmother 4 months ago .It was a immigration petition and I was co sponsor . Now my aunt wants to come here with her 3 kids to attend my sis's wedding ceremony . Now I have couple of questions .

1= Can I sponsor her for a temporary visit (Remember I was Co sponsor for I-130 4 months ago )?

2= Will I be able to sponsor my fiance after that ? will this sponsor affect my fiance sponsor or not ?

3= Plz tell me the exact time period to sponsor another person .

I am US Citizen, my annual income is around $36000 ,and I have almost $18000 in bank account .

Your situation has zero to do with your aunt and kids being granted entry into the USA. They will have to try to obtain tourist visas.

They will all have to apply thru the embassy in whatever country they are from. They dont need a sponsor.

Your aunt needs to study the strongest ties rule to be able to comply to have any chance of being granted a visa. Adding the kids will make it even more difficult. She will have to prove beyond a doubt that she and the children must return to her country. As she applys she must understand that USCIS views each person holding any type of visa as an intending immigrant.

It would help you if you disclosed the country they live in in these posts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

there is no sponsor for a visitor visa. A visitor visa they have to apply on their own and show they have strong ties to their home country(unless they are from a country in the visa waiver program). They have to prove they have reasons to go back to their country and d not have immigrant intent to the US

For family based visas you cannot sponsor either as aunts and cousins are not considered immediate relatives.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

your aunt's tourist visa has nothing to do with you. It's nice you're willing to sponsor them tourist visas, but they don't need you.

Married May 2011

10/07/2011: NOA1

12/15/2011: NOA2

01/12/2012: NVC case number arrived

01/13/2012: DS-3032 emailed

01/27/2012: Barcode arrived via e-mail

03/06/2012: I-864&DS-230 sent together

03/13/2012: RFE

04/16/2012: Additional documents sent

05/02/2012: NVC case complete

05/14/2012: Medical

06/04/2012: Interview--->approved

06/05/2012: Visa arrived in mail

LAX POE Review

Filed: Timeline

Thanx all of you . I really appreciate. But one more question , if my aunt has no enough money to bear her traveling expenses then how can she satisfy the visa officer? Someone told us that she must show my sponsorship.Then the chance of getting visa will increase.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanx all of you . I really appreciate. But one more question , if my aunt has no enough money to bear her traveling expenses then how can she satisfy the visa officer? Someone told us that she must show my sponsorship.Then the chance of getting visa will increase.

What country are they coming from?

An invitation letter is about the only thing that the US resident can supply.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Save?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

your aunt's tourist visa has nothing to do with you. It's nice you're willing to sponsor them tourist visas, but they don't need you.

True..there is no such thing as a sponsor for a visitor visa, ever.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can write a letter inviting her, say a few sentences about what you'll do together while she is here and that you will pay for her flights, room and board. Add a wedding invitation. But really, she needs to qualify on her own.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.