541 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I can't imagine a scenario where an american would prefer to defend the country with a handgun rather than a rifle or shotgun

I can't imagine the USA being physically invaded by a country where a rifle or shotgun or hand gun would be of the slightest use. In fact the country would be white hot glassified sand and the foreign power would wait for the radio activity to die down before coming to drill for oil.

So all this 3 cornered hat stuff is just boys playing with their imagination. Those days have gone

The thread is purely about hand guns, so "home defense" is not affected

This thread is tightly defined and restricted to hand guns - the USA and Canada can get on just fine without them

A mandatory penalty of 10 years in prison (same as UK) plus a high "buy in" price by the government would reduce illegal possession pretty quickly. The crack heads would be stealing their friends guns to hand them in for good money

North Carolina already restricts the length of my shotgun barrel to a minimum of 18" so for home defense I do prefer a handgun.

If they take the hand guns now how long will it be before the come after your auto loading shotgun or your scoped hunting rifle? Then they are after anything that isn't single shot and breech loaded. Before you know it my kitchen knives have to be less than 4 inches.

Excuse me know I have to go to a militia meeting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OK, just so we stay on topic.

Glock_18-with-extended-clip.jpg

Let me guess, you are going to say "magazine". :rolleyes:

http://thegunzone.com/clips-mags.html :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Sure its affected. If you live in a small home, a long gun may be less than ideal.

The US Military go into plenty of tiny houses using their rifles and they never draw their pistols which are 'last resort defense'

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

The gun nuts are frantically trying to steer this thread away from just hand guns

I think they feel very vulnerable on that subject

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

OK OK. :P

I don't see the point in these. How many bullets do you need for home defense?

how many pairs of shoes does a woman need? :whistle:

(btw, which gun of the 3 above is an assault rifle?)

The US Military go into plenty of tiny houses using their rifles and they never draw their pistols which are 'last resort defense'

you'll also notice the m-4 is a lot shorter than the m-16 ;)

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

The gun nuts are frantically trying to steer this thread away from just hand guns

I think they feel very vulnerable on that subject

Yeah! personal attacks already.

They typically use carbines.

Timeline

Yeah! personal attacks already.

They typically use carbines.

referring to 'gun nuts' as a generality is not the same as a specific and pointed attack on a specific VJ member

Are you trying to disqualify opposition to your views by the back door, in the same way as people who claim the President is not an American ?

I have a short barreled AR 15 carbine which is very handy and has a 30 round clip in it at all times with 2 more at hand - so there is no need for a pistol.

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg

This is why - The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment. The District’s total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of “arms” that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition—in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute—would fail constitutional muster.

Heller vs DC was primarily about handguns. Additionally, many public officials/police/military would not enforce such a ban.

In other words, to do what you propose would require a change to a constitutional amendment that would never succeed.

Edited by DaveE

Timeline

I have a short barreled AR 15 carbine which is very handy and has a 30 round clip in it at all times with 2 more at hand - so there is no need for a pistol.

no, you don't

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

referring to 'gun nuts' as a generality is not the same as a specific and pointed attack on a specific VJ member

Are you trying to disqualify opposition to your views by the back door, in the same way as people who claim the President is not an American ?

You referred to those responding to this thread as gun nuts. Therefore you called me a gun nut.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

They all look like hunting rifles to me.

it's a trick question - it's all the same type of rifle. :hehe:

You referred to those responding to this thread as gun nuts. Therefore you called me a gun nut.

you have been assimilated! :dance:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

it's a trick question - it's all the same type of rifle. :hehe:

you have been assimilated! :dance:

:P

Do you keep it under the bed?