Ryan H

NVC Filers - July 2012

1,354 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We send AOS & packet IV already after the portal showed PAID.

This morning we receive aN email from the NVC. It is a checklist and states

____1. Immigrant visa application part1.

MVC is waiting for an immigrant visa application to be submitted for this case. The principal qpplicant & any other applicant who will join hem/her to USA must now download & complete an immigrant visa application.

My Q. We already send it when the packet IV payment portal showed it was PAID.

Now, is this what u called the false check list?

____2. (second checklist) FInancial Evidence.

Form I-864 (if applicable)

A review of I-864 affidavit of support from & supporting doc. That u submitted has revealed that u have provided incomplete information in ur response / or u have not reaponded to some questions.

My Q: this second note is a true RFE or false? :(

what happened is that they didn't open/read your mail/email yet. it will take around 5 days. and what you are receiving is a false rfe. if the list contained something you did not send earlier, then send in that missing item w/ bar code page.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Timeline

Remember, the DS-261 has no connection with the AOS bill. The DS-261 is part of the IV track, as is the IV bill.

It's optional. But I recommend it. I included one in both our AOS and IV packages.

Yes that's true, Saylin! But I guess it's a good day since they let me log in and do the DS-261 the same time they are creating the AOS invoice. That is what's happening when they're not letting me log in anymore, right?

My AOS package was approved today. I know it's just a small step, but, I'm still happy. Initially, I was like "pffft, no biggie." But, now, I'm on cloud 9. And 6 days! I think that the government is trying to make it up to us for making us wait 157 days between our NOA1 and 2.

Whoopie!

Congratulations!!

Me and My Mexican Hubby...

2009 Met in Mexico and got engaged

2010 I moved to Mexico and got married

2012 I moved back to U.S. by myself to work and send i-130 petition for him.

June 25th, 2012 - our 2-year wedding anniversary!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

2 JUL 2012 - Case Received at NVC

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

01 AUG 2012 IV Bill Invoiced and paid

02 AUG 2012 IV Bill shown as paid and DS-260 completed and documents sent!

08 AUG 2012 RFE! :crying: sent passport photos wrong, so re-sent!

15 AUG 2012 case COMPLETE!!! Yay!!

13 SEP 2012 Received Interview Date! OCT. 5th!

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

Thanks for all of your help! You are wonderful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Finally payed my AOS invoice this afternoon.

Question: My wife and I also received two exact emails from NVC, basically notifying us of the Case #, IIN and BIN (I already knew this information from calling). The email contents also included a barcoded DS-3032. Since I already sent a the choice of agent email several days ago, should I ignore this? Or is this my cue to resend the information?

Also, I can generate the cover sheet for AOS package right now. But as the instructions say, am I still supposed to wait until the status shows as 'PAID'?

Called this evening and a nice operator told me to:

- Resend the DS-3032

- Send in the AOS Package while the payment status shows "In Process"

Saylin - do you see any concerns with this?

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

okay thanks.... is the cover letter a must or is it optional?

Optional but it provides you are great place to make a checklist for yourself and to show the person receiving the information to process where the document they may be looking for is located. It's a very good idea to include!

Question: My wife and I also received two exact emails from NVC, basically notifying us of the Case #, IIN and BIN (I already knew this information from calling). The email contents also included a barcoded DS-3032. Since I already sent a the choice of agent email several days ago, should I ignore this? Or is this my cue to resend the information?

Also, I can generate the cover sheet for AOS package right now. But as the instructions say, am I still supposed to wait until the status shows as 'PAID'?

Grats on paying the AOS invoice. I recommend waiting until the status shows as PAID. I wouldn't risk sending it until you know for sure that payment has cleared.

As for the email you received, it's a standard, generated email. It's not in response to you sending the DS-3032. I would suggest ignoring it. That's what I wrote in the FAQ (there's an exact question about this). If NVC wanted you to re-send the DS-3032, they'd respond to your email and tell you they're not ready for processing (it happens). That's when you would re-send the DS-3032.

Hi Everyone-

I filed my AOS and DS-230 last Friday the 13th. I called today to get the status and the operator notified me that they are waiting on our marriage license. I told him that I mailed it out with the DS-230 packet. He asked if I mailed the original or a copy and I told him I sent in both. He said that it would take 10-15 days for them to check the file again to see if it is there. What do you advise I do?

Just keep calling once a day. You can try speaking with a supervisor and see if they can do anything.

I'm reading what the next step is for us in our NVC journey. It seems that the beneficiary gets the DS-230 package. Am I crazy or was this the very first thing we did to start the USCIS process? Am I looking at the wrong form? Whydo we need to do it again?

The DS-230 was not sent with the I-130 petition. Yes, most of the questions on the DS-230 are similar to previous ones answered on the I-130 and G-325A, but the DS-230 is the official immigrant visa application form. Just fill it out and don't question things :Plaughing.gif

can i send the package through fedex or ups or must it be usps as i have read from the wiki

Doesn't matter what courier you choose. I'd recommend whatever is cheapest. But definitely make sure you get delivery confirmation and/or a tracking number.

We send AOS & packet IV already after the portal showed PAID.

This morning we receive aN email from the NVC. It is a checklist and states

____1. Immigrant visa application part1.

MVC is waiting for an immigrant visa application to be submitted for this case. The principal qpplicant & any other applicant who will join hem/her to USA must now download & complete an immigrant visa application.

My Q. We already send it when the packet IV payment portal showed it was PAID.

Now, is this what u called the false check list?

____2. (second checklist) FInancial Evidence.

Form I-864 (if applicable)

A review of I-864 affidavit of support from & supporting doc. That u submitted has revealed that u have provided incomplete information in ur response / or u have not reaponded to some questions.

My Q: this second note is a true RFE or false? :(

The first checklist appears to be a false one, based off NVC reviewing your AOS package.

The second checklist appears to be real though as it mentions "incomplete information". Call up NVC asap and ask. This is the best way of knowing.

Yes that's true, Saylin! But I guess it's a good day since they let me log in and do the DS-261 the same time they are creating the AOS invoice. That is what's happening when they're not letting me log in anymore, right?

[...]

Yes, if you can't log in anymore, then it's a good indication they're invoicing your AOS bill. It has nothing to do with your DS-261 though.

Called this evening and a nice operator told me to:

- Resend the DS-3032

- Send in the AOS Package while the payment status shows "In Process"

Saylin - do you see any concerns with this?

I can't honestly recommend either.

Just wait until they respond to your DS-3032 email. If you don't hear anything by the end of this week, you can re-send it if you want. It's more than likely that NVC is getting clogged up more and more each day which is why they're taking longer to get to DS-3032s... Have you been looking at others' signatures to see when they've sent their DS-3032 and when they got their acceptance? Make a spreadsheet of your own. See how long it's currently taking...

For the AOS package, I wouldn't recommend sending until it says PAID as you know payment has cleared at that point. Until then, something can go wrong. If they get your package before payment has cleared, it may delay things.

Honestly, it's up to you on this. You make your own judgement.

Timeline

Ok, that's what I thought! :) thanks Saylin! You rock.

Me and My Mexican Hubby...

2009 Met in Mexico and got engaged

2010 I moved to Mexico and got married

2012 I moved back to U.S. by myself to work and send i-130 petition for him.

June 25th, 2012 - our 2-year wedding anniversary!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

2 JUL 2012 - Case Received at NVC

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

01 AUG 2012 IV Bill Invoiced and paid

02 AUG 2012 IV Bill shown as paid and DS-260 completed and documents sent!

08 AUG 2012 RFE! :crying: sent passport photos wrong, so re-sent!

15 AUG 2012 case COMPLETE!!! Yay!!

13 SEP 2012 Received Interview Date! OCT. 5th!

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

Thanks for all of your help! You are wonderful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, just realized that next week, I'll be rolling into my FOURTH NVC thread (May, June, July...now August). Gah. So ready for this to be over.

event.png

May 12, 2011: Married

Oct 14, 2011: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 18, 2011: NOA1

Mar 27, 2012: RFE rec'd - didn't like AZ marriage license!

Apr 05, 2012: RFE response rec'd at CSC

May 11, 2012: NOA2

Jun 04, 2012: Case rec'd @ NVC (24 days/15 business days)

Jun 13, 2012: NVC case # generated(9 days/7 business days). OptIn and 261 emailed.

Jun 18, 2012: OptIn accepted

Jun 20, 2012: AOS bill paid. 261 accepted.

Jun 22, 2012: AOS bill showing as "PAID".

Jun 25, 2012: I-864 packet emailed for EP

Jun 30, 2012: IV fee paid.

Jul 09, 2012: IV rec'd email per EP

Jul 12, 2012: CASE COMPLETE email (EP)

Aug 04, 2012: Interview scheduled for Sept 4th @ 0830a

Aug 08, 2012: Medical completed.

Sept 04, 2012: Interview in Montreal....APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this is the 'ds-3032 kit' referenced at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/

this is the cue /clue that the AOS fee bill has been invoiced, and the 'switch is on' at NVC to start yer document first processing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Grats on paying the AOS invoice. I recommend waiting until the status shows as PAID. I wouldn't risk sending it until you know for sure that payment has cleared.

As for the email you received, it's a standard, generated email. It's not in response to you sending the DS-3032. I would suggest ignoring it. That's what I wrote in the FAQ (there's an exact question about this). If NVC wanted you to re-send the DS-3032, they'd respond to your email and tell you they're not ready for processing (it happens). That's when you would re-send the DS-3032.

Just keep calling once a day. You can try speaking with a supervisor and see if they can do anything.

The DS-230 was not sent with the I-130 petition. Yes, most of the questions on the DS-230 are similar to previous ones answered on the I-130 and G-325A, but the DS-230 is the official immigrant visa application form. Just fill it out and don't question things :Plaughing.gif

Doesn't matter what courier you choose. I'd recommend whatever is cheapest. But definitely make sure you get delivery confirmation and/or a tracking number.

The first checklist appears to be a false one, based off NVC reviewing your AOS package.

The second checklist appears to be real though as it mentions "incomplete information". Call up NVC asap and ask. This is the best way of knowing.

Yes, if you can't log in anymore, then it's a good indication they're invoicing your AOS bill. It has nothing to do with your DS-261 though.

I can't honestly recommend either.

Just wait until they respond to your DS-3032 email. If you don't hear anything by the end of this week, you can re-send it if you want. It's more than likely that NVC is getting clogged up more and more each day which is why they're taking longer to get to DS-3032s... Have you been looking at others' signatures to see when they've sent their DS-3032 and when they got their acceptance? Make a spreadsheet of your own. See how long it's currently taking...

For the AOS package, I wouldn't recommend sending until it says PAID as you know payment has cleared at that point. Until then, something can go wrong. If they get your package before payment has cleared, it may delay things.

Honestly, it's up to you on this. You make your own judgement.

Saylin :)

We called the NVC.

But i guess the 1 who talked to us also got confused, as if she does not know about it, she just ask us when did we sent it & told us that maybe email was not updated. Lol wahahaha.

( sigh) well we really want a specific answer though, i guess we need to call to back.

Edited by Abby04tiz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Wow, just realized that next week, I'll be rolling into my FOURTH NVC thread (May, June, July...now August). Gah. So ready for this to be over.

Me too. My wife called the NVC a while ago and they said our case was completed on July 2nd. I am still waiting to hear from the embassy in Stockholm. :(

I'm going to ask my wife it she can call again and see what's up.

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Talked to the NVC today and they said our case was completed YESTERDAY!

She said that Buenos Aires had minimum slots so we'd have to wait the second week of next month for an interview to be set.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Progress!

DS-3032 was accepted. Email confirmation sent to the beneficiary about an hour ago.

Furthermore, the IV invoice has disappeared from the payment portal, which should mean that the invoice is coming soon.

On the other hand, AOS invoice still shows the status of 'In Process'. So I'll wait to send that packet out.

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

I was wondering if NVC will accept DS230 IV packet without my spouse's Malaysian PCC and state the certificate will be provided at embassy.

Due to unavoidable circumstances we couldnot apply for one before, now it will take at least 6 weeks to get the certificate before sending to NVC. Can I submit the DS230 without the PCC and state it will be provided at the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was wondering if NVC will accept DS230 IV packet without my spouse's Malaysian PCC and state the certificate will be provided at embassy.

Due to unavoidable circumstances we couldnot apply for one before, now it will take at least 6 weeks to get the certificate before sending to NVC. Can I submit the DS230 without the PCC and state it will be provided at the interview?

You know I read recently someone else asking this and they were told to ask for the PCC to be waived pending review at embassy. It wouldn't hurt to ask. All they can say is no. Call NVC and ask for a supervisor. Who knows.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

There's still 6 business days left in July for your date to be scheduled ;)

Talked to the NVC today and they said our case was completed YESTERDAY!

She said that Buenos Aires had minimum slots so we'd have to wait the second week of next month for an interview to be set.

Grats! kicking.gif

Progress!

DS-3032 was accepted. Email confirmation sent to the beneficiary about an hour ago.

Furthermore, the IV invoice has disappeared from the payment portal, which should mean that the invoice is coming soon.

On the other hand, AOS invoice still shows the status of 'In Process'. So I'll wait to send that packet out.

Grats! kicking.gifkicking.gif

You can definitely try. I've seen people ask and were successful with it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.