Sebas y Pao

Honeymoon K1 visa

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks everybody for the advice, so I just called to USCIS and the effectively said that first I need to apply for AOS and then if you want to work, travel or anything you need to ask for the respective permit, so I called and re scheduled the cruise to December but is really sad that you can go to the honeymoon when you have planned . I guess this is normal in such as complicated country like the USA.

A honeymoon does not have to be out of the country either. You can travel to exotic places without ever leaving the US. Hawaii for instance! We went to West Virginia for ours :D and stopped in the Catskill mountains on our way there. A honeymoon is what you make it and if you are happy you'll have a wonderful time wherever you go.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We delayed our honeymoon out side of USA, even though she had the AP till we got the GC. Yea I'm paranoid. You can go on a cruise when you get your AP. Please reread the rules and regulations sections as they apply to K-1, avoid mucho problems with USCIS,

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You can go anywhere inside the U.S, this place is absolutely beautiful and you have 50 states to go and have an amazing honeymoon... Trust me, is not worth the risk. I few weeks after I came here with my k1 visa, my mom was diagnose with breast cancer and she needed to start her quimo right away. There's nothing I couldn't do, only get married and apply for my AOS right away.

You have a too many things for being grateful for, starting for the fact that your fiance got her k1 visa. A honey moon is not an emergency and delaying is not the end of the world.

When you have your fiance with you, living in the same space, sleeping in the samen bed, sharing all the time, having fun...is like a having a honeymoon every day :)

Enjoy it and have fun...dont worry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

We delayed our honeymoon out side of USA, even though she had the AP till we got the GC. Yea I'm paranoid. You can go on a cruise when you get your AP. Please reread the rules and regulations sections as they apply to K-1, avoid mucho problems with USCIS,

Here is an article about what can happen when a couple who went on honeymoon without AP. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

no she shouldnt leave otherwise she will not able to come back and she will have to stay in colombia while you gile a cr-1

AOS JOURNEY

02/24/2012---MAILED I-485,I-130,I-765, TO CHICAGO LOCKBOX
03/05/2012---CHECKS CASHED BY USCIS
03/08/2012---I-765 WAS TOUCHED
03/17/2012--RECIEVED RECIEPT NOTICE FOR I-485,I-130,I-765
03/23/2012---RECIEVED BIOMET
RICS APPOINTMENT
04/05/2012--I-485 RFE MAILED
04/07/2012--I-485 RFE RECIEVED
04/10/2012---RFE REPLY WAS SENT TO USCIS FOR I-485
04/10/2012---WENT TO BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT IN ELIZABETH NJ(NOW THE NEWARK OFFICE)

04/18/2012---RFE RECIEVD BY USCIS
05/21/2012--- EAD APPROVED CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL RECEIVED
05/24/2012--- SECOND EAD PRODUCTION EMAIL
06/26/2012-- AOS INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!
06/28/2012----APPROVED/CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL
07/07/2012-----10 YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVES

N-400 NATURALIZTION

03/21/2016--- MAILED/FILED N-400

03/24/2016 ---- PACKAGED DELIVERED

03/28/2016---- NOA RECIEPT NOTICE RECIEVED

04/08/2016--- BIOMETRIC SCHEDULED

04/22/2016-- BIOMETRIC DONE

06/20/2016--- INTERVIEW SCHEDULES

07/29/2016--- INTERVIEW/OATH

07/30/2016--- REGISTERED TO VOTE/PASSPORT

event.png

xweHm7.png
REPLACEMENT I-94 JOURNEY
01/20/2012--I-102 MAILED
01/27/2012--USCIS RECIEVED PETITION
02/02/2012--RECIEPT NOTICED RECIEVED
03/05/2012--RFE MAILED
03/10/2012--RFE RECIEVDD
04/05/2012---RFE REPLIED TO
04/17/2012--USCIS RECIVED IT AND IS UNDER REVIEW
07/11/2012-- STILL IS UNDER REVIEW HAHA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

And you should change your honeymoon trip for next year. You said that you change it for december but I dont think you will have her GC by the time. You said you are getting married by late july and you should be applying her aos by august (you have to wait for your marriage certificate to be done and sign by a judge, usually take 3 weeks). So, if you are filling in august, the average time for GC to be process is at lest 6 MONTH. By february I think she is having her GC in hand.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks everybody for the advice, so I just called to USCIS and the effectively said that first I need to apply for AOS and then if you want to work, travel or anything you need to ask for the respective permit, so I called and re scheduled the cruise to December but is really sad that you can go to the honeymoon when you have planned . I guess this is normal in such as complicated country like the USA.

It's sad, but if you had read the conditions of the visa you would have known she could not travel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been reading the average time for a GC after adjusting status is 3 months, not 6. Where are you getting that information from?

And yes, you can still do a honeymoon, it just has to be in the states. A little research would have clearly told you that.

Glad you could reschedule.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

ok thanks for all the info , but what happened if we ask for a special permit , I can believe that anybody can leave what about if there is an emergency ??

It doesn't work that way. She simply wont be allowed back in, unless she has AP, which should [assuming you apply for it] come with the EAD within 3 months after you send in the package.

There are so many places you can honeymoon in the US, or you could delay the honeymoon for a couple months. You can however take the cruise [out of United States borders,] then she proceeds to her country of origin and you return to US alone and start a spousal visa process.

Which sounds more attractive, bro?

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

I've been reading the average time for a GC after adjusting status is 3 months, not 6. Where are you getting that information from?

Check out the AOS Progress threads. There are people who got transferred to CSC that have been waiting since December.

2-3 months for the AP/EAD though.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There are misc factors to take into consideration. AOS from K1 takes longer - as Evelyn said, December filers are still waiting around for decisions regarding AOS/greencard/i-485. I'm a December filer myself, adjusting from K!.

Adjusting from a tourist visa might be different. RFE's can slow the process as well, same goes for being transferred to CSC or ending up without an interview. Don't count on a decision before whichever processing goal is mentioned on the USCIS webpage.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

when you arrive at the cruise line terminal to check in, you will not be allowed to board the ship with out the proper papers, and the ship will sail with out you.even if you where able to board and go to the bahamas and hope your not spot checked exiting the dock in the bahamas, returning to the us port you go to customs if your paper are not right your sent to another room for more back round checks. on the computer uscis, you may be taken away..my advise go some place else stay in the united states.for your honeymoon congratulations,

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

No travel, and we did a cruise, they understand the paperwork well and will not let you go. You have your whole life a cruise can be delayed. We will go to Scotland later with you, I need a new Kilt.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Timeline

You can apply for AP but it is a craps shoot as to if you will receive it. My recomendation would be to postpone the cruise. Many cruise lines will hold your payment and apply it to a future cruise with out penalty.

I have thought about a cruise honeymoon but with the USCIS requirements I have decided that Disney World is a great place to honeymoon!!

And what better opportunity it is to show the new American the beauty of our great nation. I know if I waited months to go somewhere, the last thing I wan tto do is to travel again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.