R and F

June 2012

225 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

and of course ... wake up today with the hot water heater making a noise and leaking all over our laundry floor and through the house into the backyard! what a mess! Just the time money gets saved for something (like a treadmill I been wanting) now it gets blown on a new water heater...

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Tamra - won't homeowners insurance cover any of it?

We just had master bath shower leak. Homeowners insurance adjuster came out in the beginning of the week, and we should receive check today.

Does anyone have a home warranty? I've heard people rave about how great it is, and then I've heard people say they think it's a waste of money. I think due to the age of our house and our appliances, it could be worth it for us, but would like to hear others' experiences with it first. Anyone?

BTW, getting ready to file ROC. We were talking about it last night, and talking about what documents we should send, etc. At the end of conversation husband says, I'm glad we talked about it and you're doing all the paperwork - I would have just sent a copy of our marriage certificate to show we are married!!! :bonk: Yes, I'm sure that would have worked!!! :rofl:

Edited by msheesha

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We had a two year home warranty which we just renewed a couple months ago. We have an older furnace, a/c unit, hot water heater and had an older dishwasher. We've used them to replace the valve on the hot water heater, fix the a/c unit, change the ignitor on the furnace and do a repair on the dishwasher. Actually they offered us $150 towards a new dishwasher in lieu of the repair and we went that route. Our appliances are all now new within the past 2 years (and have extended warranties) so we may not renew the home warranty after this year. But it has come in handy for sure.

When our dishwasher leaked a couple months ago it did quite a bit of damage to our kitchen flooring. My homeowner's insurance took care of the damage to the flooring right away. We had the old kitchen floor pulled up and a new subfloor and flooring installed.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

we have a home warranty too. in two years, we've had garbage disposal replaced, new one installed, a furnace repair, and the garage door fixed. it was included with the house when we bought it. it's about to expire, but we plan to renew it ourselves. it's come in very handy. and the service has always been very prompt as well. the companies they're contracted with have always contacted us first thing in the morning, when we did the online service request the evening before.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I called our insurance company about the water heater & they said they cover the amount after the deductible if we have to replace the wall or floor. The water did go through the wall and out the back bricks of the house but it doesn't look like its that damaged. I'll check into it more tomorrow when the plumber moves it away from the wall. We had a year of paid for home warranty from Nov 2010 when we bought the house but never needed it or extended it.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Mithra & Sandinista - if either one of you feel comfortable sharing the home warranty company you recommend, I would be really appreciative to get te recommendation. When I looked into it before the company I called for info

Was supposed to send me out info and ne'er did. Thanks!!

Timeline

We have Home Protect. It costs us $41 a month. I've been very satisfied with the customer service we've received so far. With one exception (because we called later in the evening) they had service ppl out the same day.

Since there have been some complaints about it recently, is anyone up for requesting that this be renamed "Daily Thread" and be continued on beyond June?

If my memory is correct, the monthly thread was the idea of someone who rarely, if ever, posts anymore (Olivia).

Timeline

You're welcome! :)

Thanks again ladies. I appreciate it.

Tamra - I hope it all works out.

I hope there isn't any damage and everything works out ok. :)

I called our insurance company about the water heater & they said they cover the amount after the deductible if we have to replace the wall or floor. The water did go through the wall and out the back bricks of the house but it doesn't look like its that damaged. I'll check into it more tomorrow when the plumber moves it away from the wall. We had a year of paid for home warranty from Nov 2010 when we bought the house but never needed it or extended it.

Timeline

I agree that it should be changed to a daily thread now that is more active.

I do believe you're correct that Olivia had the idea of the monthly thread.

Perhaps we should just create daily threads and not open any new monthly threads?

Since there have been some complaints about it recently, is anyone up for requesting that this be renamed "Daily Thread" and be continued on beyond June?

If my memory is correct, the monthly thread was the idea of someone who rarely, if ever, posts anymore (Olivia).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.