R and F

June 2012

225 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Tamra - won't homeowners insurance cover any of it?

We just had master bath shower leak. Homeowners insurance adjuster came out in the beginning of the week, and we should receive check today.

Does anyone have a home warranty? I've heard people rave about how great it is, and then I've heard people say they think it's a waste of money. I think due to the age of our house and our appliances, it could be worth it for us, but would like to hear others' experiences with it first. Anyone?

BTW, getting ready to file ROC. We were talking about it last night, and talking about what documents we should send, etc. At the end of conversation husband says, I'm glad we talked about it and you're doing all the paperwork - I would have just sent a copy of our marriage certificate to show we are married!!! :bonk: Yes, I'm sure that would have worked!!! :rofl:

They are good if you need a ac covered and older plumbing. Home warranties are a good idea if all your systems are old..You can also buy them post closing..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey everyone it is Tuesday, June 26th. Have a great day. :dance::thumbs:

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Still June. I've upped my workouts and cut back on my calories these last 4-5 days. I'm feeling confident that I'll reach my weight loss/fitness goal. *I'm not dreading the workout as much as I was now. How's everyone doing with your fitness goals?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Still June. I've upped my workouts and cut back on my calories these last 4-5 days. I'm feeling confident that I'll reach my weight loss/fitness goal. *I'm not dreading the workout as much as I was now. How's everyone doing with your fitness goals?

Well, so far I'm not doing too badly. I'm increasing my ability to run. I feel my arms are getting pretty muscular, although there is still a padding over that :P I'm in my size 6 jeans, not tight, no muffin top. You know that means size 4 is coming up soon! I'm thinking to go back on my 10 day diet again.

Today i am going to leave work early, stop at home and go to the museum i need to review, then change clothes at home again and go back to campus and do yoga and cardio with a friend. Tonight I may or may not do weights. We'll see.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

What is this 10 day diet plan? I'm thinking I need to try something new because what I'm doing is not working very well. :/

I don't do some of it, because I don't eat some of that stuff... but it's not bad. http://www.succeedatfitness.com/downloads/Turbo%20Jam%2010%20Day%20Kickstart.pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks! I'm always excited to try something new and have renewed hope that something may work. :) This last bit of baby weight is holding on for dear life. It's all in my midsection, too which is awesome!!

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Thanks! I'm always excited to try something new and have renewed hope that something may work. :) This last bit of baby weight is holding on for dear life. It's all in my midsection, too which is awesome!!

It's paired with the workouts on there... they are 45 minutes long. Cardio party is obviously cardio, turbosculpt is weights/squats/etc.

Has anyone tried Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred dvd? I joined a 30 DS challenge that starts July 1 (just opened today as a group on My Fitness Pal). I've been having the dvd. Used it when I forst bought it but didn't get pass level 1 nor did I do it for the entire 30 days...not even close.

It's pretty challeging for me. I'm hoping to stick with the challenge for the entire month of July, in addition to my usual hour or so daily treadmill walk/jog. Haha... I said "usual". I've been consistently doing it for all of about 7 days. maybe less.

Edited by Shal

I've done the Shred, and it is difficult, but what she says in it is true - "you'll find that after you do it five or six times your endurance rate is greatly increased and it becomes easier". I had gotten up to Level 2, but found some of the Level 2 moves really uncomfortable for my knees. During those moves I would substitute some Level 1 cardio.

It's worth it; it's a great workout.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You guys have given me some new work out ideas for sure! I am still doing 30-32 min of cardio a day and am working up to 45 mins :D

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

I have gotten over the whole not swimming with sun directly overhead thing, but I can't quite get past the swimming in newly rained pool thing (because its colder than it was :P) so exercise is slowed for now until the rain stops. Or until I can just get over the non-bathwater feel. Maybe next year.

Timeline

I did all the levels of 30 day shred. It's nice :) Today I did an hour of yoga and pilates, and then 45 minutes of jogging with 20 minutes of walking. I may or may not still do some weights.

I have the zumba for wii that I feel guilty for never trying. Maybe I will tomorrow, and send the kids to the backyard to play so they don't make fun of me.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

I have the zumba for wii that I feel guilty for never trying. Maybe I will tomorrow, and send the kids to the backyard to play so they don't make fun of me.

I suggest you also possibly record this for us, you know, to show us how it's done. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.