GnBnL

Husband pulled I-864

48 posts in this topic

Ouch...that sucks :( I am sorry to hear that.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Were you denied entry or permitted to enter the US

SO very sorry for your situation, it sucks

Good luck

Having severed most ties in Canada, I was not permitted to enter the US and was given a voluntary withdrawal. I am permitted to enter as a visitor of course, but with strong ties. It was of course in his right to pull it, but he did it just to spite me. I loved him very much and its just very sad that he has so much unwarranted hatred for me. I was a good wife/girlfriend, and all I wanted was a life with him. He clearly did not. Just sucks that I had to wait 3 years and pay thousands of $$ to find out. He didn't pay for anything, and I sent him thousands over the years we were forced to be apart. Anyone that knows me knows I would never have married him if I didn't think I was going to have a life with him... Just very sad that he hates me so. Anyway. sorry for the rant. thanks to everyone for all the well wishing and thanks for all the help and support over the years.

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Having severed most ties in Canada, I was not permitted to enter the US and was given a voluntary withdrawal. I am permitted to enter as a visitor of course, but with strong ties. It was of course in his right to pull it, but he did it just to spite me. I loved him very much and its just very sad that he has so much unwarranted hatred for me. I was a good wife/girlfriend, and all I wanted was a life with him. He clearly did not. Just sucks that I had to wait 3 years and pay thousands of $$ to find out. He didn't pay for anything, and I sent him thousands over the years we were forced to be apart. Anyone that knows me knows I would never have married him if I didn't think I was going to have a life with him... Just very sad that he hates me so. Anyway. sorry for the rant. thanks to everyone for all the well wishing and thanks for all the help and support over the years.
In several ways, this is unfortunate, but you're probably being saved a LOT of heartache and legal problems later. It's good that you're relying on your VJ "family" here. Work through the emotions, dust yourself off, and look toward the brighter future that WILL be in store for you, si man. :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I'm so sorry... I think he should of at least told you about that. :( Try to stay strong, maybe this will be a new beginning, for something better. I hope your friends and family in Canada are being supportive during this time, that will help. I wish you luck in your future.

VJAvatar.jpg

I agree. at one level, I am relieved that I no longer have to think about any of this garbage. Vj is fantastic and I have referred many people I know personally to it! He took away my old life yesterday and today I've already booked a job interview at home. I'm very fortunate to have support. I'm tired of being heartbroken for so long because of the unknown. now I know.

I am hurt, sad and angry but I'm really taking action to move forward as soon as possible. Next, divorce, but til then I can just think about me for the first time in 3 years.

Thanks again for support.

Good luck with your job interview hun... Wishing you all the best with the future.

02/17/02: KH & PH started dating

11/11/06: Married in the UK

05/10/12: Sent off I-130 via Express Mail

05/11/12: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox

05/11/12: Priority date for I-130

05/21/12: Received NOA1 hardcopy VSC

Can I ask why your husband pulled I864? I know you mentioned out of spite. Doesn't US law give you any rights that you were married in good faith? Are you saying that the officer at California service center just took the request for withdraWAL? Is there anyway he can responsor you if he has a change of heart?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Can I ask why your husband pulled I864? I know you mentioned out of spite. Doesn't US law give you any rights that you were married in good faith? Are you saying that the officer at California service center just took the request for withdraWAL? Is there anyway he can responsor you if he has a change of heart?

At any time during the process before a decision has been made, the US citizen/sponsor can withdraw the I-864.

--

Sorry about your situation. It was a rotten situation to be put in in the first place - I read your post some months ago. Hope you'll get through this, and eventually stumble upon people who won't take you for granted or waste your time.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A US citizen can't be forced to sponsor anyone for immigration benefits, even their own spouse. They can withdraw a petition or affidavit of support right up until the moment the immigration benefit is granted.

Immigration is never a "right" under any circumstances. Marrying a US citizen doesn't automatically convey any rights to anyone. If they want to adjust status based on that marriage then their US citizen spouse must be willing to sponsor them. They could self-petition for adjustment of status without an affidavit of support if their US citizen spouse had died, or if they can submit proof that their US citizen spouse had abused them.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

A US citizen can't be forced to sponsor anyone for immigration benefits, even their own spouse. They can withdraw a petition or affidavit of support right up until the moment the immigration benefit is granted.

Immigration is never a "right" under any circumstances. Marrying a US citizen doesn't automatically convey any rights to anyone. If they want to adjust status based on that marriage then their US citizen spouse must be willing to sponsor them. They could self-petition for adjustment of status without an affidavit of support if their US citizen spouse had died, or if they can submit proof that their US citizen spouse had abused them.

I'm not questioning but rather trying to learn.

I read this timeline and it says OP has a K1.

Wouldn't the USC file the AOS at the time of the visa interview?

And doesn't it remain valid until the beneficiary attain 40 questers of work or becomes a citizen?

So I am having trouble figuring out how the USC was abel to pull this of?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

AOS for a K-1 visa interview, the I-134, is non-binding and is NOT in play with the OP's current situation.

The other AOS, the I-864, is used when filing for an Adjustment of status case, most K-1 visa holders DO FILE THAT after getting married. That AOS, the I-864, can be withdrawn by the petitioner anytime up until the residency is granted. ( I think I got my terms right, this time)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I was speechless, sorry for your incident. Your husband was selfish enough not to overcome his doubts about you, it was hurt but I believe you would be able to stand up in no time. Good luck and be blessed.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.