IslandLady

My Medical Exam at Andrews Memorial Hospital, Kingston, Jamaica

180 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Annmar said:

I used my debit card there...so it shouldn't be a problem 

thanks.

Based on their list of required vaccinations, I'm only missing 2, which I'm hoping they won't give.

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, phoenyxx said:

Silly question.. but.

Anyone know if you have to pay cash or if they'll accept cards? Really don't want to be walking around with that much cash for my brother and I.

I asked if I could get vaccines at my local clinic/hospital before - I have a copy of my immunization card, and I'm positive I had gotten chicken pox vaccination in high school - but I don't have a copy of that!!! My medical is in the morning, 8am apt. I HATE needles :(

I had gotten the Chicken Pox vaccine as a child and I got it again at my medical.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, ExoticPrincess said:

I had gotten the Chicken Pox vaccine as a child and I got it again at my medical.

I'm sitting in the waiting room right now, legit dreading those needles. 

I'll post my (harrowing) experience later.. 

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, phoenyxx said:

I'm sitting in the waiting room right now, legit dreading those needles. 

I'll post my (harrowing) experience later.. 

I hope it wasn't too bad, I actually looked away for the vaccinations.......lol, it was the blood test that I found uncomfortable.

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nicloe said:

I did my medical 1 week ago and I just get a phone call saying I have to come back fora review....anybody have any answers 

My friend and I did our exams early August. 

I had to get one vaccine. My friend got two and they sent him home. They called him the next day to come back. It turns out he needed to get More vaccines. 

Probably it’s the same case for 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

i see alot of people are saying get the vaccines ahead of time but my husband said he  called the clinic and they told him they couldnt do it 

Timeline

That’s strange. I got my three vaccination at a clinic. Saved a lot of money too. Tell him to try private doctors. Maybe it’ll be cheaper than St Andrews 

Timeline

Check another clinic. Make sure they don't think you're trying to get your visa medical exam through them, just the vaccinations. My husband did his at a clinic also for much less and he just took the vaccination record they gave him to his medical exam.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It depends on the shot that he got.  If the shot has more than one dose, and it has been three months then he will get the second dose at medical and he will have to pay for it.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did our medical in Feb. It seemed like a quick process. Got there at 645 am and finished by 10 am. The  building does not open till 7am.

GET THERE EARLY . People where lined up when we arrived, however we were number 7 in line if I remember correctly. 20k is a must to bring also bring an extra 20k for extra things ..xray, vac, drug test...

Have your phone well charged.. you can use your phone but you must NOT be loud while using it. 

.**** My advice is for everyone to have their immunization up to date before going...You must not tell your local dr. that you are going for your visa/embassy medical. Tell them you just want an updated immunization.****

11 hours ago, CamFam said:

Did our medical in Feb. It seemed like a quick process. Got there at 645 am and finished by 10 am. The  building does not open till 7am.

GET THERE EARLY . People where lined up when we arrived, however we were number 7 in line if I remember correctly. 20k is a must to bring also bring an extra 20k for extra things ..xray, vac, drug test...

Have your phone well charged.. you can use your phone but you must NOT be loud while using it. 

.**** My advice is for everyone to have their immunization up to date before going...You must not tell your local dr. that you are going for your visa/embassy medical. Tell them you just want an updated immunization.****

I'm in NY, can go to the doctor here in NY and get all my shots?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.