IslandLady

My Medical Exam at Andrews Memorial Hospital, Kingston, Jamaica

180 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Today we did out medical:

Took 2 hours form Balaclava on the toll road to get there. Paid $800 in tolls.

Left 4am got there 6am appointment @8:00Am

Wait

7:30 am-Got#5.

Wait

8:00 am- Then I was called to get all paperwork. They made sure I had an appointment.

Wait

8:30 am- Paid$20300 jmd for the medical.

Sent back to wait.

10:00 AM-Called and they gave me back my passport and appointment letter.

Wait

10:07- Called for Blood Work and Urine Test and X-Ray. I will not be getting any vaccine??? I did them all at the local clinic for $150 US ????? Finished @10:50

Note: You will need a flu shot if your traveling in the ❄️.

Wait

12:00- Called me am all set to go I don't need and vaccines.

In summary

20300JMD total I have to pay ????

So I got there:

6:00am

Got my #5 @ 7:30am

8:00 Called for my paper work

10:07 did the medical

10:47 finished the medical

12:00 out of there

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Timeline

I was just looking at your timeline.your interview is next month on the 21st you might as well call and make an appointment. We called on October 31st and was given an appointment for November 18th.my husband said it was very full inside.lots of people & it doesn't seem as though they take walk-ins

I was not paying attention to your post I wish I did because now the medical will not be there the interview day??

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Today we did out medical:

Took 2 hours form Balaclava on the toll road to get there. Paid $800 in tolls.

Left 4am got there 6am appointment @8:00Am

Wait

7:30 am-Got#5.

Wait

8:00 am- Then I was called to get all paperwork. They made sure I had an appointment.

Wait

8:30 am- Paid$20300 jmd for the medical.

Sent back to wait.

10:00 AM-Called and they gave me back my passport and appointment letter.

Wait

10:07- Called for Blood Work and Urine Test and X-Ray. I will not be getting any vaccine??? I did them all at the local clinic for $150 US ????? Finished @10:50

Note: You will need a flu shot if your traveling in the ❄️.

Wait

12:00- Called me am all set to go I don't need and vaccines.

In summary

20300JMD total I have to pay ????

So I got there:

6:00am

Got my #5 @ 7:30am

8:00 Called for my paper work

10:07 did the medical

10:47 finished the medical

12:00 out of there

What's the cost for the influenza and varicella please? I have my medical on monday won't be able to go to a local clinic

Timeline

What's the cost for the influenza and varicella please? I have my medical on monday won't be able to go to a local clinic

I didn't them at Andrews,sorry.

Timeline

I didn't them at Andrews,sorry.

Go to private doctor. A pediatrician or a general practitioner. If you live in Manchester or Close to it you can go to the villa.

So for all those who would like to save some money you can get all the shots for $13500, if you get them at you local clinic and private family doctors.

There is how:

I live in Mandeville,Manchester:

Varicella (Chicken Pox): 5000 JMD at a private family doctor.

Influenza (Flu Vaccine) its flu season in the US so you are going to have to get it: 3000 JMD at a private family doctor.

TT/TD/Polio(At the local clinic): 3000 JMD

MMR (At the local clinic 3000JMD or at a private family doctor 2500 JMD)

And that gives you to total of 13,500JMD (which is $110 US if you send it though WesternUnion 125jmd for $1us), so if you would like to save some money you can do that.

Edited by rochelel

Timeline

Varicella is about 6000 at the medical. Don't know how much the flu shot is. If you have had chicken pox you won't need to get that shot. I went without a immunization card and only has two vaccines Tdap and MMR. Didn't get Varicella because doc asked if i ever had chicken pox. Didn't get flu because it wasn't flu season when I went.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I did my medical today, It was a success I arrived at 7:28 and left at 11:47. I got the number 28.
The varilrix was 4650 and the flu shot was 3000. Paid 7650 in all. The staff were all so welcoming I was nervous before I went but they made me feel at ease.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Can anyone tell me exactly how long it took for them to send their medical report to the embassy? My husband had his medical done on Jan 9 and his interview on Jan 19 and the embassy did not have his report yet.  I know they said 10-15 days but I'm just wondering what was someone's actual time frame.

Edited by jaymac2015

Timeline
1 hour ago, jaymac2015 said:

Can anyone tell me exactly how long it took for them to send their medical report to the embassy? My husband had his medical done on Jan 9 and his interview on Jan 19 and the embassy did not have his report yet.  I know they said 10-15 days but I'm just wondering what was someone's actual time frame.

2 to 3 weeks 

Edited by rochelel

Timeline
1 minute ago, rochelel said:

2 to 3 weeks 

Yes I received the estimated time frame but I was wondering if you've completed the process and could tell me exactly how long it took for yours to get there.

Timeline
On 7/22/2016 at 7:19 PM, Asherbabe876 said:

Good idea.

I'm going to the hospital tomorrow

I did my medical December 16 and the embassy got it January 4th, visa was issued the 5th of January and we got it in hand the 10th of January. 

Because the where 3 days of holidays and 6 weekend days because they don't work on weekdays or holidays. 

And the the day you do the medical is not the day they start to work on it, it's  The next business day

Is this detailed enough for you?

Edited by rochelel

Timeline
1 minute ago, rochelel said:

I did my medical December 16 and the embassy got it January 4th

Thanks... keeping my fingers crossed that it gets there by the end of this week then.;)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, rochelel said:

I did my medical December 16 and the embassy got it January 4th

how long after that did it take for you to get your documents back? Trying to estimate for travel planning.

Edited by jaymac2015

Timeline
16 minutes ago, jaymac2015 said:

Yes I received the estimated time frame but I was wondering if you've completed the process and could tell me exactly how long it took for yours to get there.

I did my medical December 16 and the embassy got it January 4th, visa was issued the 5th of January and we got it in hand the 10th of January.  

see response and other comment it got mixed up 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.