IslandLady

My Medical Exam at Andrews Memorial Hospital, Kingston, Jamaica

180 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/5/2017 at 9:48 PM, ExoticPrincess said:

I think I am gonna go earlier as I want to get this done and over with as quickly as possible......will update you.

How did it go at the medical? 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Annmar said:

How did it go at the medical? 

Hi I had posted a report in the F1 Thread, but here you go.........

Hey! a bit tired, but thought I would just give a quick report on my Medical experience today.

I had a 11:00 am appointment, so given advice posted from other Jamaicans on VJ stating how crowded the place would be, I arrived at Andrews Memorial a little after 7:00am. I could count the amount of people that had already arrived on both my hands, so I was like thrilled! Only to be told that they won't be able to let me in until 10:00am, needless to say I was not happy! So I waited and at 10:00 am I entered the room to start the process. 

So the process I went through was this......

1. Filled medical form out, wait....

2. Called to pay fee which was JA$20,405.00.......go back to wait.....

3. After that called to do vision test, weight, height......wait again......

4. Went to do Chest X Ray........wait

5. Then saw the doctor who took medical history and told me about the vaccines I 

would be getting.......3 in total - $8,800

6. After that i went with the nurse who gave me the shots, which was followed by the blood test

and urine test

And here's the kicker......as I was about to leave I saw the pleasant man that assisted throughout the whole process, I wanted to say thanks to him. He then says to me, ' you should've come earlier, you would've gone home along time ago.....'(shocked!).........'I said but I was here from 7:00am, but the other guy said I couldn't start the process until at least 10:00 am!'......he said he doesn't know why the other guy told me that as I could've been allowed in the room much, much earlier and hence would've been done so much sooner!

Next up, Interview in two weeks.

Timeline
On 4/14/2017 at 8:12 PM, ExoticPrincess said:

Hi I had posted a report in the F1 Thread, but here you go.........

Hey! a bit tired, but thought I would just give a quick report on my Medical experience today.

I had a 11:00 am appointment, so given advice posted from other Jamaicans on VJ stating how crowded the place would be, I arrived at Andrews Memorial a little after 7:00am. I could count the amount of people that had already arrived on both my hands, so I was like thrilled! Only to be told that they won't be able to let me in until 10:00am, needless to say I was not happy! So I waited and at 10:00 am I entered the room to start the process. 

So the process I went through was this......

1. Filled medical form out, wait....

2. Called to pay fee which was JA$20,405.00.......go back to wait.....

3. After that called to do vision test, weight, height......wait again......

4. Went to do Chest X Ray........wait

5. Then saw the doctor who took medical history and told me about the vaccines I 

would be getting.......3 in total - $8,800

6. After that i went with the nurse who gave me the shots, which was followed by the blood test

and urine test

And here's the kicker......as I was about to leave I saw the pleasant man that assisted throughout the whole process, I wanted to say thanks to him. He then says to me, ' you should've come earlier, you would've gone home along time ago.....'(shocked!).........'I said but I was here from 7:00am, but the other guy said I couldn't start the process until at least 10:00 am!'......he said he doesn't know why the other guy told me that as I could've been allowed in the room much, much earlier and hence would've been done so much sooner!

Next up, Interview in two weeks.

Thank you..... Good luck on ur interview.

I think I'm going to try and get there by 10.

Timeline

My son and I did our medical today. We had 11:00 appointment and got there about 9:30. I handed in my documents and waited to be called. The waiting was very long. I didn't leave until about 1:50. 

Word of advice if travelling with minors make sure u bring food. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only issue was ex ray department I sense a little attitude..... Have a pen..u r going to need it. Interview in a few weeks.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Annmar said:

My son and I did our medical today. We had 11:00 appointment and got there about 9:30. I handed in my documents and waited to be called. The waiting was very long. I didn't leave until about 1:50. 

Word of advice if travelling with minors make sure u bring food. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only issue was ex ray department I sense a little attitude..... Have a pen..u r going to need it. Interview in a few weeks.

What time did they let you in the waiting room? was there a lot of people there? and yes.....lol......you really need to travel with food when you have minors around. As for the X Ray Dept. I had no issues there, where I sensed a bit of attitude was with the person conducting the urine test, did she tell you not to close the bathroom door as she had to see what you were doing in there?

Anyhow, glad it went well for you so now you can focus on your Interview. :)

Edited by ExoticPrincess

Timeline
8 hours ago, ExoticPrincess said:

What time did they let you in the waiting room? was there a lot of people there? and yes.....lol......you really need to travel with food when you have minors around. As for the X Ray Dept. I had no issues there, where I sensed a bit of attitude was with the person conducting the urine test, did she tell you not to close the bathroom door as she had to see what you were doing in there?

Anyhow, glad it went well for you so now you can focus on your Interview. :)

I went into the waiting room same time and handed in my documents. I was told not to close the door but u could pushed it up though........ Good luck on ur interview.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Annmar said:

I went into the waiting room same time and handed in my documents. I was told not to close the door but u could pushed it up though........ Good luck on ur interview.

Thanks and same to you :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/20/2017 at 9:49 PM, Annmar said:

Could you give me an idea of the total cost of the medical for you and your son? I will need to do medical for my son and I so I want to have an idea.

Timeline
On 29 April 2017 at 5:06 PM, tivi said:

Could you give me an idea of the total cost of the medical for you and your son? I will need to do medical for my son and I so I want to have an idea.

Hi Tivi.. I paid $34000 for myself and my son in total

Timeline
On 4/29/2017 at 5:06 PM, tivi said:

I just saw  your message.... I'm sorry...I paid $33250 in total.

At first I paid $28750 for both of us. He had to get the chicken pox vaccine and I paid $4500 for that.

If you can go to the clinic a head of time and get some of the vaccine that would save u a lot of money.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Annmar said:

I just saw  your message.... I'm sorry...I paid $33250 in total.

At first I paid $28750 for both of us. He had to get the chicken pox vaccine and I paid $4500 for that.

If you can go to the clinic a head of time and get some of the vaccine that would save u a lot of money.

Thanks much. Appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Silly question.. but.

Anyone know if you have to pay cash or if they'll accept cards? Really don't want to be walking around with that much cash for my brother and I.

I asked if I could get vaccines at my local clinic/hospital before - I have a copy of my immunization card, and I'm positive I had gotten chicken pox vaccination in high school - but I don't have a copy of that!!! My medical is in the morning, 8am apt. I HATE needles :(

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, phoenyxx said:

Silly question.. but.

Anyone know if you have to pay cash or if they'll accept cards? Really don't want to be walking around with that much cash for my brother and I.

I asked if I could get vaccines at my local clinic/hospital before - I have a copy of my immunization card, and I'm positive I had gotten chicken pox vaccination in high school - but I don't have a copy of that!!! My medical is in the morning, 8am apt. I HATE needles :(

I used my debit card there...so it shouldn't be a problem 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.