IslandLady

My Medical Exam at Andrews Memorial Hospital, Kingston, Jamaica

180 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, 876Princess said:

Hi I don’t exactly remember all the cost from the vaccines my family and I got. But this I what I can remember. We all got influenza which was 2500. I got Tdap which was about 5000. My little brother got 4 (including influenza), tdap and another 2. His vaccines were in total 11,500. And my dad only got 1 which was influenza. Hope that helps. 

Ps I’ll be posting my interview update shortly.

Thank you, that helps a lot. How far in advance of your appointment did you complete your medical? 

MSC** Concurrently Filing (Husband_Panamanian) 

8/16      I-130 I-1485 I-765 I-131

9/8        Biometrics 

9/22      RFIE Received

10/10    Expedite based on Financial Hardship & Job Offer

11/13    Reply from congressman office _ case cannot be expedited due to Background check not yet completed

11/15    New Card in Production***

11/16    I765 Case Approved

11/24    Card Delivered

3/31      We are scheduling your interview  @7:06AM (***My USCIS log in date is 10/7/17 )

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I did my interview yesterday at Andrews Memorial Hospital. It was a loooooonnggg day!! Got there at 7:45am handed over my passport, pictures and interview letter and got #23.....I waited from that time until 12pm I finally received my receipt to pay the initial fee $23320!! Sat and waited for another hour to be called to have my weight, height, pressure and vision tested. They told me to sit and wait again after that I had my blood and urine test Shortly after I had my X-ray done. By this time around 1:45 I had to sit and wait again to have my one on one with the doctor and have my vaccinations done. I left at 2:45pm. Over all my experience was something I wish I never have to do again some of the staff was friendly. Word of advice bring food, water and something to keep u occupied 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/8/2019 at 2:06 PM, sher-sunshine said:

I did my interview yesterday at Andrews Memorial Hospital. It was a loooooonnggg day!! Got there at 7:45am handed over my passport, pictures and interview letter and got #23.....I waited from that time until 12pm I finally received my receipt to pay the initial fee $23320!! Sat and waited for another hour to be called to have my weight, height, pressure and vision tested. They told me to sit and wait again after that I had my blood and urine test Shortly after I had my X-ray done. By this time around 1:45 I had to sit and wait again to have my one on one with the doctor and have my vaccinations done. I left at 2:45pm. Over all my experience was something I wish I never have to do again some of the staff was friendly. Word of advice bring food, water and something to keep u occupied 

Hello! Congratulations on your progress! I am curious to know how it goes when we have a lawyer. Does my husband have to pay at the time of the exam? Guess I should ask the lawyer but am hopeful you know how it goes. Thanks for any information :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, GigglesRR said:

Hello! Congratulations on your progress! I am curious to know how it goes when we have a lawyer. Does my husband have to pay at the time of the exam? Guess I should ask the lawyer but am hopeful you know how it goes. Thanks for any information :)

hi, first of all thank u:) you have to pay at the time of your appointment.

Timeline
6 hours ago, sher-sunshine said:

hi, first of all thank u:) you have to pay at the time of your appointment.

Thank you for letting me know. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey I haven’t received a notices yet of my fiancé medical date as yet but quick question are they still saying that they need to see a  psychiatrist if they have a pass of smoking  marijuana ?....... also if anyone here ever filed a k1 how long after you make your interview appointment they schedule your medical ?? 

Timeline

Did you request an appointment as soon as you got the interview date? I got mine within a week of requesting one online. Which was 2 weeks before my interview

3 hours ago, Janique pine said:

Hey I haven’t received a notices yet of my fiancé medical date as yet but quick question are they still saying that they need to see a  psychiatrist if they have a pass of smoking  marijuana ?....... also if anyone here ever filed a k1 how long after you make your interview appointment they schedule your medical ?? 

Timeline
Just now, sher-sunshine said:

Did you request an appointment as soon as you got the interview date? I got mine within a week of requesting one online. Which was 2 weeks before my interview

Yeah I finally found out today that I had to request an appointment .. his interview is next week that means I’m going to have to change the interview date 

Timeline
Just now, Janique pine said:

Yeah I finally found out today that I had to request an appointment .. his interview is next week that means I’m going to have to change the interview date 

Maybe you should try calling the hospital first and explain to them the situation and maybe they can fit u in. Changing your interview date can add weeks or more to your wait time. While I was at the hospital a older gentleman had his interview two days after. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, sher-sunshine said:

Maybe you should try calling the hospital first and explain to them the situation and maybe they can fit u in. Changing your interview date can add weeks or more to your wait time. While I was at the hospital a older gentleman had his interview two days after. 

I tired no one was available I’m going to try again tomorrow .. they might be closed now 

Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, Janique pine said:

how long after the status said ready did you do your ds 160... I am waiting for a letter from the embassy but everyone on here is saying dont wait and do the ds160??

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hopeful1981 said:

how long after the status said ready did you do your ds 160... I am waiting for a letter from the embassy but everyone on here is saying dont wait and do the ds160??

Did it before I found out it was ready ... yeah you can do the ds160 but every embassy is different so 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Janique pine said:

Did it before I found out it was ready ... yeah you can do the ds160 but every embassy is different so 

our file is in Jamaica.. did you use a lawyer or no?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.