IslandLady

My Medical Exam at Andrews Memorial Hospital, Kingston, Jamaica

180 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...

Just wondering, do you have to do your medical exactly 10 days prior to interview. I’m worried we didn’t find out about our interview (nov 1) until a week after it was sent from nvc. I immediately scheduled my medical appointment yesterday & they gave me October 23. I’m just worried if our results will make it to the embassy in time 😰😰😰 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone,  I lost my immunization card in fire and I figured ill have to get all my shots required by US..... can anyone give me an close figure of how much I should look to spend???? Thanks in advance

14 hours ago, sher-sunshine said:

Hi everyone,  I lost my immunization card in fire and I figured ill have to get all my shots required by US..... can anyone give me an close figure of how much I should look to spend???? Thanks in advance

I suggest you try and at least go to your clinic where you were immunised as a child and try to retrieve the records. If not, they suggest that you bring an addition budget of 20,000 to 30,000 for vaccines.

Hello Everyone. 

I finally did my medical. It was a success. Thank God ! So here’s a timeline of what we did for anyone who’s gonna be doing their medical soon. Hope it helps 😀

1. We had an 8am appointment. We reached Andrews memorial about 5:54am and there was already 2 persons there. (It’s very important you get there early as possible because it’s a first come first serve, even if they give you an appointment time)

2. We waited until about 7:00am until a medical officer asked us to stand in the order in which we came. We got number 3. I was so happy. 

3. We were seated in the order in which we came. And the officer collected the medical forms, and other required documents. This did take some time.

5. About 8:00, my father was called to make the payments for our medical

6. About 8:30 we were called to do our blood pressure, vision, height and weight.

7. About 9:30 we were called to be examined by the doctor 

8. About 10.00 we were called to do our chest x rays 

10. After the X-rays we payed for the vaccines we needed and we got them. I got 2 vaccines in total.

11. After our vaccines, we did our laboratory test. Urine and blood test.

12. And about 11.20 we were finished, and the officer told us that’s it we’re all done.

All in all the process was okay, wasn’t really slow. It was three of us (my father, brother & I) so that’s why it even took so long. Next up, our interview next week ! 

From my experience It’s very important you reach as early as possible (before 6am) and your process will be smooth and quicker.!

Good Luck 

Edited by 876Princess

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/25/2018 at 1:03 PM, 876Princess said:

Hello Everyone. 

I finally did my medical. It was a success. Thank God ! So here’s a timeline of what we did for anyone who’s gonna be doing their medical soon. Hope it helps 😀

1. We had an 8am appointment. We reached Andrews memorial about 5:54am and there was already 2 persons there. (It’s very important you get there early as possible because it’s a first come first serve, even if they give you an appointment time)

2. We waited until about 7:00am until a medical officer asked us to stand in the order in which we came. We got number 3. I was so happy. 

3. We were seated in the order in which we came. And the officer collected the medical forms, and other required documents. This did take some time.

5. About 8:00, my father was called to make the payments for our medical

6. About 8:30 we were called to do our blood pressure, vision, height and weight.

7. About 9:30 we were called to be examined by the doctor 

8. About 10.00 we were called to do our chest x rays 

10. After the X-rays we payed for the vaccines we needed and we got them. I got 2 vaccines in total.

11. After our vaccines, we did our laboratory test. Urine and blood test.

12. And about 11.20 we were finished, and the officer told us that’s it we’re all done.

All in all the process was okay, wasn’t really slow. It was three of us (my father, brother & I) so that’s why it even took so long. Next up, our interview next week ! 

From my experience It’s very important you reach as early as possible (before 6am) and your process will be smooth and quicker.!

Good Luck 

Do you mind sharing how much the vaccines were and what they were? It states $23,320 for the visit on the website. 

Good luck & I cant wait for your interview update.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:03 PM, 876Princess said:

MSC** Concurrently Filing (Husband_Panamanian) 

8/16      I-130 I-1485 I-765 I-131

9/8        Biometrics 

9/22      RFIE Received

10/10    Expedite based on Financial Hardship & Job Offer

11/13    Reply from congressman office _ case cannot be expedited due to Background check not yet completed

11/15    New Card in Production***

11/16    I765 Case Approved

11/24    Card Delivered

3/31      We are scheduling your interview  @7:06AM (***My USCIS log in date is 10/7/17 )

Timeline

Good day everyone. My medical is coming up soon and I’m pregnant, do they still allow pregnant women to do the chest X-ray. I’m a bit worried, also my current passport only have four months validation left in it so I’m renewing my passport with my husband last name. Do you think it will cause any problems? Thanks for your kind replies.

23 hours ago, LunaSol said:

Do you mind sharing how much the vaccines were and what they were? It states $23,320 for the visit on the website. 

23 hours ago, LunaSol said:

Hi I don’t exactly remember all the cost from the vaccines my family and I got. But this I what I can remember. We all got influenza which was 2500. I got Tdap which was about 5000. My little brother got 4 (including influenza), tdap and another 2. His vaccines were in total 11,500. And my dad only got 1 which was influenza. Hope that helps. 

Ps I’ll be posting my interview update shortly.

13 hours ago, Keo23 said:

Good day everyone. My medical is coming up soon and I’m pregnant, do they still allow pregnant women to do the chest X-ray. I’m a bit worried, also my current passport only have four months validation left in it so I’m renewing my passport with my husband last name. Do you think it will cause any problems? Thanks for your kind replies.

I think you have to do the X-ray, because it is required. I had to sign a form stating that I know the risks of getting an X-ray if I am /or not pregnant and if any problems my occur after the X-ray I cannot blame Andrews Memorial hospital.

Also Try to renew your passport ASAP. It is required to have at least a 6 months validity.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, 876Princess said:

I think you have to do the X-ray, because it is required. I had to sign a form stating that I know the risks of getting an X-ray if I am /or not pregnant and if any problems my occur after the X-ray I cannot blame Andrews Memorial hospital.

Also Try to renew your passport ASAP. It is required to have at least a 6 months validity.

Thank you so much. I’m praying nothing will go wrong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.