IslandLady

My Medical Exam at Andrews Memorial Hospital, Kingston, Jamaica

180 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just wrote this longgg thing and somehow it didn't post. Anyways my husband and daughter went for their medical at St Andrews this morning. The total cost was $65,000 jamaican.thats about $541 us. It cost $20,375 for my husband and $8,375 for my daughter and they were asked to bring an additional $20,000 PER PERSON for shots.the appointment was at 8am but they were asked to arrive at 7:30am. They were the second in line and although the lady I spoke to when I scheduled the medical told me expect to be there 5 to 6 hours at 10:30 they were walking out of the building. My husband got 4 shots and my daughter got 3. I'll write a more detailed post later on what shots they got and the cost of each.i hope this helps

Timeline

I just wrote this longgg thing and somehow it didn't post. Anyways my husband and daughter went for their medical at St Andrews this morning. The total cost was $65,000 jamaican.thats about $541 us. It cost $20,375 for my husband and $8,375 for my daughter and they were asked to bring an additional $20,000 PER PERSON for shots.the appointment was at 8am but they were asked to arrive at 7:30am. They were the second in line and although the lady I spoke to when I scheduled the medical told me expect to be there 5 to 6 hours at 10:30 they were walking out of the building. My husband got 4 shots and my daughter got 3. I'll write a more detailed post later on what shots they got and the cost of each.i hope this helps

Thanks very much for your detailed info

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Timeline

Honestly I'm not sure but I don't think so.i called 2 weeks ago and they gave me an appointment but if you are close then I guess it doesn't hurt to try.dont forgot to bring a copy of your appointment letter, 4 passport pictures per person, your immunization record if u have them,and your passport

Timeline

I was just looking at your timeline.your interview is next month on the 21st you might as well call and make an appointment. We called on October 31st and was given an appointment for November 18th.my husband said it was very full inside.lots of people & it doesn't seem as though they take walk-ins

Timeline

So for all those who would like to save some money you can get all the shots for $13500, if you get them at you local clinic and private family doctors.

There is how:

I live in Mandeville,Manchester:

Varicella (Chicken Pox): 5000 JMD at a private family doctor.

Influenza (Flu Vaccine) its flu season in the US so you are going to have to get it: 3000 JMD at a private family doctor.

TT/TD/Polio(At the local clinic): 3000 JMD

MMR (At the local clinic 3000JMD or at a private family doctor 2500 JMD)

And that gives you to total of 13,500JMD (which is $110 US if you send it though WesternUnion 125jmd for $1us), so if you would like to save some money you can do that.

Timeline

That's what I'm planning on doing....I already got some done for free at the health centre ( I still gave a small contribution)....font think they give the chicken pox one though will find out when I go back the first Friday next month..

Timeline

So for all those who would like to save some money you can get all the shots for $13500, if you get them at you local clinic and private family doctors.

There is how:

I live in Mandeville,Manchester:

Varicella (Chicken Pox): 5000 JMD at a private family doctor.

Influenza (Flu Vaccine) its flu season in the US so you are going to have to get it: 3000 JMD at a private family doctor.

TT/TD/Polio(At the local clinic): 3000 JMD

MMR (At the local clinic 3000JMD or at a private family doctor 2500 JMD)

And that gives you to total of 13,500JMD (which is $110 US if you send it though WesternUnion 125jmd for $1us), so if you would like to save some money you can do that.

So the total medical should cost you $350 US:

20375 Jamaican for the medical (Except the 20000 jamaican that they are asking you to bring, but you'll have all you shots so you are not going to have to pay for any but I would still bring it just in case they pull a fast one we know how they are ?)

13500 Jamaican for all the shots

Money left over for lunch and taxi

Timeline

That's what I'm planning on doing....I already got some done for free at the health centre ( I still gave a small contribution)....font think they give the chicken pox one though will find out when I go back the first Friday next month..

You should be getting though around fed/march they might be less busy then, but I would call them to set a appointment because they take 10-15 days to send the results to the embassy (I just found that out today ???). If they ask for the date make one up you just need to save the spot and they very day you get the interview letter call them back and change it to a sooner date. There # is 8769267401

Timeline

I've read somewhere that the embassy doesn't accept vaccines from private doctors, only clinics and hospitals or thier recommended doctor,st.andrews hospital

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Timeline

I've read somewhere that the embassy doesn't accept vaccines from private doctors, only clinics and hospitals or thier recommended doctor,st.andrews hospital

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Timeline

You hear or read wrong

Timeline

When you call St Andrews they tell you they don't accept any shots from anyone else so you have to get all of your shots with them but it is more expensive with them than at your local clinic or doctors office. But I did have a cousin who did all of his shots locally in Jamaica and the next week did his medical and St Andrews accepted it.just to be on the safe side I made my husband do everything at St Andrews even though it cost more because I would have hated for them not to accept it and we spend the extra money at the local clinic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.