vickylicious

I'm desperate for help! tourist visa for husband

26 posts in this topic

I really love this web site! My question is.... I got married march this year... Back in my country( nigeria) I came to US find out I was pregnant.... My husband still in nigeria... he really can't stay permanent in US for now.. Due to his job (Actor),,, And I really want him to be there when I'm going to give birth ,,which is Dec. cause is gonna be our first baby together So I'm thinking of inviting him over.... Should I mention on the invitation letter we married? And should I also mention the pregnancy (I already got prove of pregnant from my doctor and the due date)..... I'm really confuse on what to do... Thanks so much will be waiting for your reply! Oh by the way( I haven't start the spouse visa)and we not planning on doing that till next year...

Edited by vickylicious

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I really love this web site! My question is.... I got married march this year... Back in my country( nigeria) I came to US find out I was pregnant.... My husband still in nigeria... he really can't stay permanent in US for now.. Due to his job (Actor),,, And I really want him to be there when I'm going to give birth ,,which is Dec. cause is gonna be our first baby together So I'm thinking of inviting him over.... Should I mention on the invitation letter we married? And should I also mention the pregnancy (I already got prove of pregnant from my doctor and the due date)..... I'm really confuse on what to do... Thanks so much will be waiting for your reply! Oh by the way( I haven't start the spouse visa)and we not planning on doing that till next year...

hmmm quite a dilemma.What would you say in your invitation letter if not I am requesting my husband to be at the birth of our first child? You don't want to lie now. Can he show strong ties to Nigeria?

Nigeria if you don't know yet is a very hard country to get a visitor visa from. Wont say impossible but hard and well coming to see a wife and birth of baby why would he return? being an actor isn't strong enough unless he can have his movie studio, his agent write a letter stating he is in a show or movie and must return by such a date or lose the role or something like that.

But really he's coming to see his wife and baby born that will be very hard to convince the consulate that you are coming for just a visit. Well i am sure others will help you with advice. I wish you the best . God bless.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The best way to bring your husband to USA is to petition for him which is the I130 this is for USC to bring your spouse here.He could try to visitor visa but I doubt he will get it since he is married to a USC.This is the guide for I130... http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Some other VJER'S will give you more input ....Good-luck And welcome to VJ :thumbs:

10373.gif

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

The best way to bring your husband to USA is to petition for him which is the I130 this is for USC to bring your spouse here.He could try to visitor visa but I doubt he will get it since he is married to a USC.This is the guide for I130... http://www.visajourn...tent/i130guide1

Some other VJER'S will give you more input ....Good-luck And welcome to VJ :thumbs:

Also I would add that getting the I-130 Visa and filing now although it would be cutting it close and being pregnant isn't grounds for an expedite just in case you were wondering. But the Visa (green Card) than would allow him to go back and forth and visit you to without having to go through the interview visitor visa process every time.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, you must mention the marriage (him also, when he fills in the tourist visa application). Unfortunately, he has many reasons to stay in the USA, so is unlikely to get a tourist visa, but worth a try. You may consider other options, such as having webcams at the birth, or you travelling elsewhere for the birth, where it is easier for him to get a visa.

A spousal visa is very unlikely to be done by the time the baby is born.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Your chance of getting a visitors visa is near zero , Nigeria is the worse country to try for a visitors visa from even if you are a doctor and not coming with your family . Your best bet is a cr1 visa. He will miss the birth but can be here shortly after if things go well. He can travel back and forth but must spend most of his time in the US.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

I really appreciate all the answers!! I def know about the spouse visa( like I mentioned in my question) I don't wanna start that now, as we all know it takes longer... ( Some mention about him been denied cause he got many reason to stay in US on tourist visa... How is he gonna stay illegal ,, when married to USC and we can always file for spouse visa) ok... Can I just invite my husnand without saying anything about the pregnancy? Its only for 1mth..... *some pple answer kinda confuse,, *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really appreciate all the answers!! I def know about the spouse visa( like I mentioned in my question) I don't wanna start that now, as we all know it takes longer... ( Some mention about him been denied cause he got many reason to stay in US on tourist visa... How is he gonna stay illegal ,, when married to USC and we can always file for spouse visa) ok... Can I just invite my husnand without saying anything about the pregnancy? Its only for 1mth..... *some pple answer kinda confuse,, *

He can try to get a visitor visa but he has to show strong ties to his country.And he is married to a USC this will show he would want to stay in USA.Their are many people that are married and pregnant just like you and not with their husband.They have to go through the same process cr1.I feel for you and them.I know he should be there when you give birth but this is the way it is and No one can change it.You get me?So more than likely he will be denied visitor visa.The best way is cr1 visa.GOOD LUCK

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: Timeline

your invitation will have no positive effect on the outcome of his interview...the VOs will want to be 101% convinced that he would return to Nigeria rather than stay with his wife and child...an easy decision.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Two topics on the same issue merged. PLease do not start more than one topic on an issue. ****

You don't need to mention the pregnancy unless they ask, but they will likely ask him why he wants to come now (why not earlier or later), and then he will need to tell them. I would also recommend if he is lucky to get the visa, trying for a three months visit- babies are unpredictable and the baby may come early or late.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

You've written in your profile that you've applied for a K-1 fiance visa, is this a mistake?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.