abidinmach

Getting NVC case number

229 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK, I just sent a very detailed e-mail concerning my case, with all my pertinate information, to my local Congressman. Guess it can't hurt any! :blush::whistle:

event.pngJoanna (Ying) is from Zhu Hai, China
Met online June 2011,
First visit August 2011 for two weeks,
Second visit November 2011 for one week,
Sent I-129F in Dec 2011,
12-22-2011 - NOA1 Received
Third visit April 2012 for two weeks (met all her family! Lots of "Ganbei!!!" (cheers) with her brothers with 100 proof - whew!))
05-09-2012 - NOA2 Received
05-09-2012 - ???? - CSC accidentally sends approved NOA2 to a storage facility, then has to retrieve it - Auuggghh!!
07-02-2012 - NVC Received
07-26-2012 - Packet 3 returned
07-27-2012 - Packet 3 received (yes- one day after she already sent it in- mini short-cut)
08-09-2012 - Packet 4 e-mail received
09-04-2012 - Interview
09-19-2012 - Received Visa
09-28-2012 - Ying's POE date (Chicago O'Hare)
10-27-2012 - Married!!!
11-20-2012 - AOS forms sent to USCIS

12-26-2012 - Biometrics Appointment

02-10-2013 - Ying gets I-512 Combo work authorization and travel authorization advanced parole card

06-23-2013 - Ying returns to China to assist with completing son's K2 Visa

07-10-2013 - Ying's son, Zongyang, passes K2 Visa interview in Guangzhou

07-29-2013 - Ying's I-485 AOS is approved

08-03-2013 - Ying's 2 year green card arrives in mail (she's still in China with son)

08-08-2013 - Ying and Zongyang enter US, HK to Toronto to O'Hare

Filed: Timeline

My 15th day is Tuesday. I've been told 15 days by all 10 operators I've spoken to. They have until 11:59pm on Tuesday before I start writing letters.

Stevo: Contact your congressman asap. Sending an envelope from California to New Hampshire hasn't taken 39 days since the invention of the aeroplane.

Some congressmen want to help, and Congress getting involved forces them to at least look into it and see what's going on. Remember, Congress funds the USCIS.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It has been 15 business days for me since nvc research sent me an email saying my file is EN ROUTE. When my husband called on Friday they said it's not there. Then the lady goes: you have to wait 15 business days....oh wait a sec, it's already been 15 business days...well...try to call back next week. So their 15 business days standard line means nothing. We have contacted congressman again and he sent another letter to USCIS and NVC asking for some answers and why it's been 3 weeks now that our file is en route and NVC still didn't get it. So we hope that this week will bring us good news. 5 more days till it will be 2 months since the petition aproval date (april 23rd). I hope someone gets good news this week!!! Good luck.

My 15th day is Tuesday. I've been told 15 days by all 10 operators I've spoken to. They have until 11:59pm on Tuesday before I start writing letters.

Stevo: Contact your congressman asap. Sending an envelope from California to New Hampshire hasn't taken 39 days since the invention of the aeroplane.

Some congressmen want to help, and Congress getting involved forces them to at least look into it and see what's going on. Remember, Congress funds the USCIS.

It has been 15 business days for me since nvc research sent me an email saying my file is EN ROUTE. When my husband called on Friday they said it's not there. Then the lady goes: you have to wait 15 business days....oh wait a sec, it's already been 15 business days...well...try to call back next week. So their 15 business days standard line means nothing. We have contacted congressman again and he sent another letter to USCIS and NVC asking for some answers and why it's been 3 weeks now that our file is en route and NVC still didn't get it. So we hope that this week will bring us good news. 5 more days till it will be 2 months since the petition aproval date (april 23rd). I hope someone gets good news this week!!! Good luck.

Stories like yours and this one here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/222079-case-sent-to-national-record-center/ scare the living bejeebies out of me.

Edited by jaejayC

Timeline

That cannot happen to me...It will be ok, and this week NVC will receive my case, I believe in it. And you are not helping with all those stories, you know.

Stories like yours and this one here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/222079-case-sent-to-national-record-center/ scare the living bejeebies out of me.

New week = new hope.

I'm not too religious but man I'm gonna start praying, really hope it's this week. Too many NVC horror stories undermined my confidence. But again, we have to remember the internet rule - You only hear mostly the horror stories because those are the one who cry loudest on the internet. I am sure there are a lot more successful trouble-free cases that we don't hear about.good.gif

Timeline

Sure, it will all be ok. And yes, I am praying too - the only thing left to do, right!

New week = new hope.

I'm not too religious but man I'm gonna start praying, really hope it's this week. Too many NVC horror stories undermined my confidence. But again, we have to remember the internet rule - You only hear mostly the horror stories because those are the one who cry loudest on the internet. I am sure there are a lot more successful trouble-free cases that we don't hear about.good.gif

That cannot happen to me...It will be ok, and this week NVC will receive my case, I believe in it. And you are not helping with all those stories, you know.

Helping and sharing positive stories only are not necessarily the same thing. But I do believe too that this week will be our week! And the fact that it's "en route" means it's not "lost" or "missing"!

New week = new hope.I'm not too religious but man I'm gonna start praying, really hope it's this week. Too many NVC horror stories undermined my confidence. But again, we have to remember the internet rule - You only hear mostly the horror stories because those are the one who cry loudest on the internet. I am sure there are a lot more successful trouble-free cases that we don't hear about.good.gif

I actually prayed for a quicker-than-normal NOA2 a week before I got it. Hopefully it works!

Edited by jaejayC

Timeline

Yes, that is what we need - a positive attitude! This weeks is gonna be a good week for all of us!!!

Helping and sharing positive stories only are not necessarily the same thing. But I do believe too that this week will be our week! And the fact that it's "en route" means it's not "lost" or "missing"!

I actually prayed for a quicker-than-normal NOA2 a week before I got it. Hopefully it works!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Returning a post quoted that was missplaced.

Iryna said:

Yes, that is what we need - a positive attitude! This weeks is gonna be a good week for all of us!!!

jaejayC, on 18 June 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

Iryna said:

Just received an email from NVC research and they said THEY HAVE RECEIVED MY PETITION! YAY! SUCH GREAT NEWS! Hope this week will bring me a Case Number as well! So happy. Good luck everybody!

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Yes, NVC GOT MY PETITION! YAY

quote name='Ontarkie' timestamp='1340038056' post='5459267']

Returning a post quoted that was missplaced.

Iryna said:

jaejayC, on 18 June 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

Iryna said:

Just received an email from NVC research and they said THEY HAVE RECEIVED MY PETITION! YAY! SUCH GREAT NEWS! Hope this week will bring me a Case Number as well! So happy. Good luck everybody!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats, Iryna! ^^ It's about time they got it.

Does anyone have any popcorn worthy NVC calls today? I could use a laugh.

Edited by Mitexi

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

no funny story, but here is my progess today:

. Emailed my senator this morning.

. Called NVC and just the usual ####### (send a copy of your I-797 and we'll look into it).

. Called USCIS: when I requested to "create a service request" of my case status I got transfered to next tier operator. He gave me the same ####### that it's not over night mail where NVC would receive it right away ( I was thinking no sh!t, if it's overnight mail then you must have sent the package to Mars). Anyway, I insisted that he create a service request to CSC to see where my case is. He told me it'll take CSC 2 weeks to repsond to my request via snail mail. I know have a "service request number" that I'l follow up with CSC-NCSC-FollowUp@uscis.dhs.gov and will see where this is taking me.

by the way, if you just email straight out to CSC-NCSC-FollowUp@uscis.dhs.gov without a service request number, you'll get the below message:

This e-mail address belongs to the California ServiceCenter and it is intended onlyfor follow up on inquiries submitted through the USCIS National Customer ServiceCenter (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 or via TTY at 1-800-767-1833 (for hearing impaired).

All case related inquiries areaddress to the NCSC first. A customer service representativeshould be able to assist you when you call the above toll-free number. Ifrepresentatives are unable to resolve or provide information regarding yourcase, they will create a service request for the appropriate USCIS office thathas or had jurisdiction over your case to answer your questions and concerns. “ReferralID” assigned by NCSC must identify these referrals.

Thank you.

VergelM.Morga

Immigration Services Officer

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

THEY HAVE RECEIVED MY PETITION! YAY! SUCH GREAT NEWS! Hope this week will bring me a Case Number as well! So happy. Good luck everybody!

Holy #######!! See what a positive attitude can do!? CONGRATS!!!

Congrats, Iryna! ^^ It's about time they got it.Does anyone have any popcorn worthy NVC calls today? I could use a laugh.

Well, I called the NVC today and asked them to look up my WAC number. Nothing. So I asked the NVC operator if petitions were currently taking longer to get there than usual, and she said:

"Right now, yea.. I don't know what the guys at immigration are doing, I think they're all on vacation or something. Give it til Friday."

+1 for an excellent response to my inquiry.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Holy #######!! See what a positive attitude can do!? CONGRATS!!!

Well, I called the NVC today and asked them to look up my WAC number. Nothing. So I asked the NVC operator if petitions were currently taking longer to get there than usual, and she said:

"Right now, yea.. I don't know what the guys at immigration are doing, I think they're all on vacation or something. Give it til Friday."

+1 for an excellent response to my inquiry.

At least she was honest. When I asked the same thing last week they told me everything was normal. I'm waiting a few more hours to call, hopefully we'll get some good news soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.