abidinmach

Getting NVC case number

229 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just called. Still nothing for me.

One of the things that really upset me was seeing people with NOA2 days after mine getting to NVC already. There's no real pattern to it and it's frustrating. I'm sorry.

That's true. It's good to remember the big picture like that. I just need to be patient. Those one to two month waits keep being at the back of my mind. Maybe now that the NRC thing is over it will get better. I'll just keep calling and checking.

I know how it is. Just don't lose any hope. Know it's coming. I totally was not at all expecting anything today. I was told last night to wait another week, so today I called "just to call" and gave my WAC number. The operator was silent for a second and I waited for a "we don't have that number yet" and was baffled when she said "we received your petition today, call back in 10 - 20 business days for your case number."

I think she was expecting me to yell at her for not having a case number to give me so she sounded very surprised when I said "THANK YOUUU!!!"

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yeah, it's crazy here in Ukraine since we are hosting it. I've never seen that many tourist in one place.

Any time. And yes I'm watching, even though Norway never made it there lol. Had to root for Sweden or Denmark but they're out too. Now I just watch for fun lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Still no case number here - since May 9 and counting from CSC. Here is an e-mail I got from Carol Wieneke, who works for my local Congressman (yes, I started asking for his help)...Steve:

Here is my answer!

Carol

Carol E. Wieneke

Manager, Constituent Services

Congressman Donald Manzullo/IL-16

815-394-1231, phone

815-394-3930 - FAX

carol.wieneke@mail.house.gov

This message may contain information that is confidential and/or protected by law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this message.

Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:21 PM

To: Wieneke, Carol

Subject: RE: WAC1290XXXXXXX; I-129F

Hi Carol,

The I129F will be sent to the NVC in approximately 1-2 weeks.

The contractor is a bit backlogged in sending files out to the NVC, and are committed and will be making every effort processing cases in an expeditious fashion as soon as available under their resource constraints.

Thank you,

Immigration Services Officer l DHS-USCIS

So it looks like what Darnell said about this subject last week is right, the outsourcing to this contractor screwed the whole process up!......:bonk::crying:

event.pngJoanna (Ying) is from Zhu Hai, China
Met online June 2011,
First visit August 2011 for two weeks,
Second visit November 2011 for one week,
Sent I-129F in Dec 2011,
12-22-2011 - NOA1 Received
Third visit April 2012 for two weeks (met all her family! Lots of "Ganbei!!!" (cheers) with her brothers with 100 proof - whew!))
05-09-2012 - NOA2 Received
05-09-2012 - ???? - CSC accidentally sends approved NOA2 to a storage facility, then has to retrieve it - Auuggghh!!
07-02-2012 - NVC Received
07-26-2012 - Packet 3 returned
07-27-2012 - Packet 3 received (yes- one day after she already sent it in- mini short-cut)
08-09-2012 - Packet 4 e-mail received
09-04-2012 - Interview
09-19-2012 - Received Visa
09-28-2012 - Ying's POE date (Chicago O'Hare)
10-27-2012 - Married!!!
11-20-2012 - AOS forms sent to USCIS

12-26-2012 - Biometrics Appointment

02-10-2013 - Ying gets I-512 Combo work authorization and travel authorization advanced parole card

06-23-2013 - Ying returns to China to assist with completing son's K2 Visa

07-10-2013 - Ying's son, Zongyang, passes K2 Visa interview in Guangzhou

07-29-2013 - Ying's I-485 AOS is approved

08-03-2013 - Ying's 2 year green card arrives in mail (she's still in China with son)

08-08-2013 - Ying and Zongyang enter US, HK to Toronto to O'Hare

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm sure it's not lost. But the time frame is unacceptable. They're doing nothing more than sending paper through the mail. Why does this need to take over a month?

MY NOTICE DATE WAS MAY 2, GOT TO NVC ON JUN 19 THE ONLY GOOD THING AFTER WAITING NEARLY 49 DAYS IS THAT THEY HAD MY CASE NUMBER THE SAME DAY. APPT DATE FOR JULY 23 2012.

Just hang in there NVC is working slowwwwww I know I lived it too just like you. Long live VJ.

aww congrats for you ... :dance:

K1 VISA PROCESS

USCIS

12/22/11: I129F Sent

12/27/11: NOA1 Received

04/27/11: RFE. !!!

05/18/12: RFE. RECEIVED

05/31/12: NOA2 text and e-mail

NVC

06/14/12: NVC received our file

06/18/12: NVC Case Number# in the embassy REP>DOM

09/06/12: Consulado Date Interview .

Filed: Timeline

So it looks like what Darnell said about this subject last week is right, the outsourcing to this contractor screwed the whole process up!......:bonk::crying:

Darnell nailed it. This isn't a backlog though, it's a royal screw up somewhere some time in mid-May. My petition got there in 16 business days (which is still logner than usual), and my petition was approved after yours.

MY NOTICE DATE WAS MAY 2, GOT TO NVC ON JUN 19 THE ONLY GOOD THING AFTER WAITING NEARLY 49 DAYS IS THAT THEY HAD MY CASE NUMBER THE SAME DAY. APPT DATE FOR JULY 23 2012. Just hang in there NVC is working slowwwwww I know I lived it too just like you. Long live VJ.

I've noticed that people who wait over a month for NVC to receive their petition seem to get expedited once they actually arrive at NVC - Getting case numbers and IIN immediately.

Timeline

Hey, jaejayC',

I think next week will be our week, I have a feeling... We will get out case numbers, for sure!

Darnell nailed it. This isn't a backlog though, it's a royal screw up somewhere some time in mid-May. My petition got there in 16 business days (which is still logner than usual), and my petition was approved after yours.

I've noticed that people who wait over a month for NVC to receive their petition seem to get expedited once they actually arrive at NVC - Getting case numbers and IIN immediately.

Timeline

My husband just called NVC and.................WE GOT OUR CASE NUMBER!!!! jaejayC' you are next!!! :)

Hey, jaejayC',

I think next week will be our week, I have a feeling... We will get out case numbers, for sure!

Thank you, thank you, thank you....what is CEAC?

Department of State payment portal

Consular electronic application center CEAC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.