abidinmach

Getting NVC case number

229 posts in this topic

Just called CSC, this time they said our petition is still in the process of being sent and they wait to send them in batches. They cannot give an estimates when this batch will be sent, it depends when it reaches the desired batch size.

Then he said probably between 30 to 90 days. ROFL

Can it be more lame than this?

Every time I call USCIS, I make a bowl of pop corn and I'll be like "Ok, what answer do you have to entertain me today?" "Already heard that one, make up something new", "Try the next answer on the script, please"

Edited by GandK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just called CSC, this time they said our petition is still in the process of being sent and they wait to send them in batches. They cannot give an estimates when this batch will be sent, it depends when it reaches the desired batch size.

Can it be more lame than this?

Uhg. Well if that's the case, the backlog at CSC may work to our advantage if they start churning out approvals soon. The batches will get bigger quicker and they can send them quicker. That's my hope, anyway. I have to find something positive to cling to in this mess. =/

Every time I call USCIS, I make a bowl of pop corn and I'll be like "Ok, what answer do you have to entertain me today?" "Already heard that one, make up something new", "Try the next answer on the script, please"

Lol! That's great.

Edited by Mitexi

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So almost 2 months before they'll look for it? Wow. Did they confirm whether or not they actually have it?

Nope. I asked why the NOA2 says the petition was forwarded to the NVC when it really wasn't. They didn't really have an answer. I asked why the NVC says to wait 15 business days before any action...and then CSC won't even do anything before 35 days. They again didn't really have an answer. My 3 weeks of being mad with the NVC are over. This clearly the fault of the Service Centers and Homeland Security. Hurry up and wait!

By the way, I get the impression that when you call the USCIS 1--800 number, they cannot see exactly where your case is.

When I asked if my case is still at CSC, he took a minute to check but I think he checked our case status and see that it has been approved on the 30th etc and then he just pulled up the standard 30 days or 45 days or 90 days whatever business day answer. I don't think the phone operator at the USCIS can look at where exactly the case is.

I asked to speak to tier 2 supervisor and was refused "Definitely not" haha

Anyway, we already talked to our congressman office, they have sent an inquiry directly to CSC to ask where exactly our case is. I want to know if it is in a box in the basement or is it on a table of some adjudicator, or is it in a delivery van waiting to get go.

Hope my congressman can get a better and more informative answer than what I have been getting from USCIS operator.

Also, the USCIS operator was so friendly enough that he tried to educate me about this time-consuming process. He said that once the NVC received our file, they will send the USC petitioner a package and she'll have to send the package back and confirm that she still wants to file for me!! blink.gif and then they will send it to the embassy! That's why it's taking additional processing time.

I never heard of any K-1 petitioner getting a package from the NVC, so I tried to argue with him and make sure that he was not talking about CR-1 visa.

He stood by his answer and I didn't want to bother arguing with him, so I just said "okay if you say so" *grab my popcorn"

Different day, different answer. This is pretty amusing.

Also, the USCIS operator was so friendly enough that he tried to educate me about this time-consuming process. He said that once the NVC received our file, they will send the USC petitioner a package and she'll have to send the package back and confirm that she still wants to file for me!! blink.gif and then they will send it to the embassy! That's why it's taking additional processing time.

I never heard of any K-1 petitioner getting a package from the NVC, so I tried to argue with him and make sure that he was not talking about CR-1 visa.

He stood by his answer and I didn't want to bother arguing with him, so I just said "okay if you say so" *grab my popcorn"

Oh my, the ad-libbing is worse than the script :lol:

Do they record all the calls they get?

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

Timeline

Oh my, reading all of this makes my stomach churnnnn.. I think I need to buy some popcorn! Lol! I like that attitude! :)

Me and My Mexican Hubby...

2009 Met in Mexico and got engaged

2010 I moved to Mexico and got married

2012 I moved back to U.S. by myself to work and send i-130 petition for him.

June 25th, 2012 - our 2-year wedding anniversary!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

2 JUL 2012 - Case Received at NVC

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

01 AUG 2012 IV Bill Invoiced and paid

02 AUG 2012 IV Bill shown as paid and DS-260 completed and documents sent!

08 AUG 2012 RFE! :crying: sent passport photos wrong, so re-sent!

15 AUG 2012 case COMPLETE!!! Yay!!

13 SEP 2012 Received Interview Date! OCT. 5th!

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

Thanks for all of your help! You are wonderful!

Filed: Timeline

Haha.. Misunderstand me correctly here, but wouldn't a large amount of recent approvals make the "batch size" big enough already!? GandK, these operators aren't exactly known to be experts in the field lol.. I think they get the exact same screen we get on USCIS.gov case status. But they have scripts, we don't.

I just called NVC 20 mins ago. I told the lady my WAC number and she said "thank you, what's the petitioner's date of b... wait, I don't have that case number"

SO CLOSE! :jest:

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Haha.. Misunderstand me correctly here, but wouldn't a large amount of recent approvals make the "batch size" big enough already!? GandK, these operators aren't exactly known to be experts in the field lol.. I think they get the exact same screen we get on USCIS.gov case status. But they have scripts, we don't.

I just called NVC 20 mins ago. I told the lady my WAC number and she said "thank you, what's the petitioner's date of b... wait, I don't have that case number"

SO CLOSE! :jest:

Ahh! That would have driven me CRAZY! Get all excited for nothing.

My entertaining call yesterday was getting someone with such a heavy foreign accent that I couldn't understand what they were telling me. After a few times of repeating themselves, I managed to pick out "15 days" before quickly ending the call. My goodness, I at least want to understand what ridiculous things they're telling me!

Edited by Mitexi

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I asked to speak to tier 2 supervisor and was refused "Definitely not"

Nice try hahahaha

Oh my, the ad-libbing is worse than the script :lol: Do they record all the calls they get?

Lol, maybe for quality assurance purposes..

Ahh! That would have driven me CRAZY! Get all excited for nothing. My entertaining call yesterday was getting someone with such a heavy foreign accent that I couldn't understand what they were telling me. After a few times of repeating themselves, I managed to pick out "15 days" before quickly ending the call. My goodness, I at least want to understand what ridiculous things they're telling me!

Yes. I had butterflies in my stomach for a full split second!

LOL.. "15 business days" is all you need to hear before realizing where the conversation is going.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Since my NOA2 approval is now 39 days now "en route" to NVC - should I contact my Congressman? I'm pretty busy these days, don't know what good it might do?

event.pngJoanna (Ying) is from Zhu Hai, China
Met online June 2011,
First visit August 2011 for two weeks,
Second visit November 2011 for one week,
Sent I-129F in Dec 2011,
12-22-2011 - NOA1 Received
Third visit April 2012 for two weeks (met all her family! Lots of "Ganbei!!!" (cheers) with her brothers with 100 proof - whew!))
05-09-2012 - NOA2 Received
05-09-2012 - ???? - CSC accidentally sends approved NOA2 to a storage facility, then has to retrieve it - Auuggghh!!
07-02-2012 - NVC Received
07-26-2012 - Packet 3 returned
07-27-2012 - Packet 3 received (yes- one day after she already sent it in- mini short-cut)
08-09-2012 - Packet 4 e-mail received
09-04-2012 - Interview
09-19-2012 - Received Visa
09-28-2012 - Ying's POE date (Chicago O'Hare)
10-27-2012 - Married!!!
11-20-2012 - AOS forms sent to USCIS

12-26-2012 - Biometrics Appointment

02-10-2013 - Ying gets I-512 Combo work authorization and travel authorization advanced parole card

06-23-2013 - Ying returns to China to assist with completing son's K2 Visa

07-10-2013 - Ying's son, Zongyang, passes K2 Visa interview in Guangzhou

07-29-2013 - Ying's I-485 AOS is approved

08-03-2013 - Ying's 2 year green card arrives in mail (she's still in China with son)

08-08-2013 - Ying and Zongyang enter US, HK to Toronto to O'Hare

Since my NOA2 approval is now 39 days now "en route" to NVC - should I contact my Congressman? I'm pretty busy these days, don't know what good it might do?

All it takes to contact your congressman office is one email or a phone call and it doesn't cost anything.

I don't know how you managed to sit down and wait for 39 days. My seat is already on fire and we are already contacting everyone possible as we approach the 15 days mark. whistling.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I can't help but laugh....this is pretty funny!!!! Hahaha

Dec 22- I129F sent TSC
Dec 27- txt/email NOA1
Dec 29- NOA1 Hard Copy Received
May 31- RFE text/email...oh wells ....
June 05- RFE letter
June 06 - RFE sent
June 11- RFE received at CSC
June 15- NOA2!!!!!!!!!!! So great!!!!!!!
July 16- NVC Received Case
September 27 - Interview Approved
October 10- POE NEW YORK
November 17- Wedding day
December 24- AOS Package sent
UQKwp2.png

aYJpp2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.