lucy884

Question re: returned I-129F

45 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi all

I've been worrying lately as I know I made an error on the I-129F form, by leaving a box blank instead of putting 'n/a' (it was the question that said 'If you are in the armed forces, please give an address'). I cannot for the life of me believe I made this error because I checked the forms so many times. Anyway, can't do anything about this now obviously, except wait. I read another thread about someone who had done the exact same thing and had problems down the line with receiving NOA2 incorrectly, having it returned, having to wait 120 days or something and then hiring a lawyer before finding out what they had done wrong.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever found that they had made an error on their petition and had it dealt with differently, for example, receiving an RFE instead. Or am I destined to go through all of the hassle that I read about? I know I can't know what will happen with our case but I would feel better if I knew there was a chance that it might be ok or be dealt with more efficiently, it would make me feel better.

Lucy

AOS Timeline

7th Oct 2013 - Mailed I-485 package

15th Oct 2013 - NOA1 hard copy

4th Nov 2013 - RFE

8th Nov 2013 - Biometrics

13th Jan 2014 - USCIS confirmed receipt of returned RFE evidence

27th Jan 2014 - Received EAD card

Feb 2014 - Received potential interview waiver letter

19th July 2014 - AOS approved, green card in production :D

I think you worry too much.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

Hi all

I've been worrying lately as I know I made an error on the I-129F form, by leaving a box blank instead of putting 'n/a' (it was the question that said 'If you are in the armed forces, please give an address'). I cannot for the life of me believe I made this error because I checked the forms so many times. Anyway, can't do anything about this now obviously, except wait. I read another thread about someone who had done the exact same thing and had problems down the line with receiving NOA2 incorrectly, having it returned, having to wait 120 days or something and then hiring a lawyer before finding out what they had done wrong.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever found that they had made an error on their petition and had it dealt with differently, for example, receiving an RFE instead. Or am I destined to go through all of the hassle that I read about? I know I can't know what will happen with our case but I would feel better if I knew there was a chance that it might be ok or be dealt with more efficiently, it would make me feel better.

Lucy

I doubt this will be a problem. Just wait and see if you get an RFE.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
:whistle: Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I think you worry too much.

:thumbs:

Sorry, but if I knew the answers to those questions...... I would be picking the next six winning lottery numbers...... :wacko:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I made a mistake on my i 130 and I called USCIS and they told me to send them a letter explaining the mistake, which I did and I didn;t get any rfe ..good luck :)

Timeline

Lol ok so maybe I am worrying too much... but I wouldn't be if I hadn't read the thread from the person who had to go through so much extra hassle because of the same mistake!

Anyways, I wasn't asking if anyone could predict if this would happen to me since I know that's impossible, only if anyone else had made an error and what came of it, like mimolicious - thank you :)

AOS Timeline

4th Nov 2013 - RFE

Lol ok so maybe I am worrying too much... but I wouldn't be if I hadn't read the thread from the person who had to go through so much extra hassle because of the same mistake!

I need to read that thread because leaving off one n/a following something you said no to just doesn't sound like trouble. What exact question did you not put n/a on? Also post a link to the thread.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I need to read that thread because leaving off one n/a following something you said no to just doesn't sound like trouble. What exact question did you not put n/a on? Also post a link to the thread.

This is the thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/367744-nvs-returned-approved-application-to-uscis-for-further-review/

I left Section C Question 1 blank, it said 'If you are currently serving in the armed forces, please answer the following question' and it asked for a current address. It's the same one left blank by the poster in that thread :(

I did answer Question 2 from Section C which asked about whether the petitioner had committed a criminal offence, crossed the 'no' box. Question 3 from Section C was related to the criminal offence if you crossed yes. There is no box to write 'n/a' so I left that one too :/

AOS Timeline

4th Nov 2013 - RFE

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe that you do worry too much. The part about criminal offense, you are only supposed to answer if you said a yes to being convicted of a criminal offense. If you never were, you dont answer the second part. Same thing with the military. It specifically says "if you are serving.... please answer." If you are not serving, then you don't answer. If someone had a problem, then it was the person interpreting the form (USCIS rep or wherever the petitioner had the problem) that didn't read it correctly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh #######. I sent mine yesterday. I left it blank too.

If it was so important to put N/A, it should have been stated in the instructions. There is nothign stating this.

May 2008: Met on the Carnival Paradise
2008-2012: 20 Cruises, 8 vacations, many wonderful moments
May 2012: Engaged!

K-1
May 17 2012: I-129F Sent
May 22 2012: NOA1
Aug 17 2012: NOA2
Aug 28 2012: Left NVC
Aug 29 2012: Vancouver Consolate Received
Sept 7 2012: Package 3 received
Sept 18 2012: Package 4 received
Nov 20 2012: Medical
Nov 26 2012: Interview - APPROVED!
Dec 01 2012: POE
Jan 12 2013: Wedding!
AOS
Jan 26 2013: AOS Sent
Jan 31 2013: NOA1 eMail
Mar 06 2013: Feb 13 2013 (walk-in) Biometrics Appt
Mar 28 2013: EAD/AP Approval
April 02 2013: Interview - APPROVED!
April 05 2013: EAD/AP Card received
April 10 2013: Greencard ARRIVED!!

ROC

Jan 12 2015: I-751 Sent

Jan 16 2015: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Jan 13th

Feb 19 2015: Biometrics

June 10 2015: APPROVED!

June 18 2015: Greencard Arrived!

In the instructions, it does state to answer ALL questions, even if the answer is "no" or "N/A".

Leaving something blank has caused RFEs, so I would not be surprised if you received one. Just have to wait and see.

Hopefully, it ends in a quick RFE (or none at all) and not what happened in that thread you'd posted. What a ridiculous waste of time for one unanswered question! That's the first (and only time) I'd heard of something like that happening.

Edited by Evylin

Oh #######. I sent mine yesterday. I left it blank too.

If it was so important to put N/A, it should have been stated in the instructions. There is nothign stating this.

Picture7.png

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

In the instructions, it does state to answer ALL questions, even if the answer is "no" or "N/A".

Leaving something blank has caused RFEs, so I would not be surprised if you received one. Just have to wait and see.

Hopefully, it ends in a quick RFE (or none at all) and not what happened in that thread you'd posted. What a ridiculous waste of time for one unanswered question! That's the first (and only time) I'd heard of something like that happening.

Hopefully. I'm sick. How did I miss that?? I read the instructions numerous times.

Also, Since I checked "single" in question 6 for him I didn't see the need to place anything in question 7. So that is another blank.

How can I contact them in advance? Can I do this once I receive NOA1??

May 2008: Met on the Carnival Paradise
2008-2012: 20 Cruises, 8 vacations, many wonderful moments
May 2012: Engaged!

K-1
May 17 2012: I-129F Sent
May 22 2012: NOA1
Aug 17 2012: NOA2
Aug 28 2012: Left NVC
Aug 29 2012: Vancouver Consolate Received
Sept 7 2012: Package 3 received
Sept 18 2012: Package 4 received
Nov 20 2012: Medical
Nov 26 2012: Interview - APPROVED!
Dec 01 2012: POE
Jan 12 2013: Wedding!
AOS
Jan 26 2013: AOS Sent
Jan 31 2013: NOA1 eMail
Mar 06 2013: Feb 13 2013 (walk-in) Biometrics Appt
Mar 28 2013: EAD/AP Approval
April 02 2013: Interview - APPROVED!
April 05 2013: EAD/AP Card received
April 10 2013: Greencard ARRIVED!!

ROC

Jan 12 2015: I-751 Sent

Jan 16 2015: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Jan 13th

Feb 19 2015: Biometrics

June 10 2015: APPROVED!

June 18 2015: Greencard Arrived!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.