calibound

HELP!!! Housekeeper threw away my interview letter

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am hoping someone can help. My housekeeper mistakenly threw out my naturalization interview letter. I know that the interview is set for Tuesday May 15 at 2:30 pm in Los Angeles. However, I don't have the address or what I need to bring. I think it was just my passport, PRC, and my application, but I am not sure what else. Can anyone tell me where the interviews for naturalization in Los Angeles take place. I know it is somewhere downtown. I am going to call USCIS tomorrow but wanted to get a head start. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I-130 Filed June 18,05

NOA1 I-130 June 21,05

Touched December 30, 2005 YAY!!!!

Approved I-130 December 30, 2005

AOS Fee/Forms Received January 18, 2006

AOS/Visa Fee sent to NVC January 25, 2006

Interview in Montreal October 30, 2006

Activate Visa POE-Montreal October 31, 2006 WOO HOO!!!!

I-129F Filed July 5, 05

NOA1 July 28, 05

I-129F TOUCHED August 4,05 (COULD IT BE?? NO!)

APPROVED 1-129F August 11, 05

Case arrives Montreal September 12, 2005

Medical September 16, 2005

Packet 3 from Montreal September 23,2005

Returned Packet 3 September 23, 2005

Transfered Case to Vancouver Consulate November 3, 2005

Interview in Vancouver November 9, 2005

Visa Received November 9, 2005

Activating POE Toronto November 25, 2005

I-765 Employment Auth Mailed Package November 28, 2005

Rec'd Novermber 29, 2005

NOA1 Received December 2, 2005

Biometrics Appt. January 11 2006 DONE

EAD Card Received January 24,2006

I-751 Remove Conditions

Filed I-751 August 4, 2008 (AND NOW THE WAIT BEGINS)

Biometrics Appt September 4, 2008

TOUCHED September 5, 2008

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

I am hoping someone can help. My housekeeper mistakenly threw out my naturalization interview letter. I know that the interview is set for Tuesday May 15 at 2:30 pm in Los Angeles. However, I don't have the address or what I need to bring. I think it was just my passport, PRC, and my application, but I am not sure what else. Can anyone tell me where the interviews for naturalization in Los Angeles take place. I know it is somewhere downtown. I am going to call USCIS tomorrow but wanted to get a head start. Thanks in advance for any advice.

First things first: fire the housekeeper.

Sorry to hear that. Their address is 300 N. Los Angeles Street. Room 6024. It's the building right on the corner of Temple St. and Los Angeles St. You can park right across--but it's expensive. I suggest you park in the lot/structure on the corner of Temple and John Aiso--better cause it's cheaper and since the entrance to the building is at the back (they're doing some renovation on the front of the building).

As for the stuff you need to bring, (assuming you're applying based on 5 year residency) CA Driver's License/ID, PRC, and Passport(s) and if it applies to you, proof of selective service. That's basically it, good luck and tell us how it goes!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Kind of like my dog ate my home work? Call and get a duplicate copy.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Schedule an infopass appointment at the Los Angeles ASAP and get your duplicate interview letter.

Yeah sadly they do need your appointment letter at the interview (I interviewed in LA and you sign in by handing in your appointment letter). That sucks. Infopass asap and if you still can't do it in time just go to the Los Angeles St. address anyway and explain to them.Arrive even earlier than possible so they can check you out, but not too early (they may not let you in if you're too early, the waiting area fills up).

Edited by arvinb

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Schedule an infopass appointment at the Los Angeles ASAP and get your duplicate interview letter.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

the security guards won't let you in without the appointment letter,make infopass soon as possible, when you go for your interview you are ask to see your permanent resident card, state ID, appointment letter,maybe you can go there ask to speak to a supervisor or some one in charge explain what happen to your appointment letter.try to fine the address or call uscis tell them what should you do,300 north los angles street,room 6024, good luck.

Most poeple tend to safeguard things that are important to them. If you leave things laying around, don't be surprised if gets lost. :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Regardless of whatever I was doing, when anything came in from the USCIS, would drop that, scan it and store it on three different computers on my LAN. Then file away the original documents. Interview form has eight questions on the back that have to be answered and sign at your oath ceremony. Normally all you need is your green card, got to have that as you have to turn that in. A passport is required if you went aboard since your interview.

Just curious about your housekeeper, around here they charge 35 bucks per hour. Wife told me in Venezuela, stayed home six months with her daughter, then hired a housekeeper to watch her. When her daughter was two years old, she came home, her daughter was there alone, but her condo was cleaned out and never saw her housekeeper again. Even the police couldn't find her. Least they left her daughter.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did you receive an e-mail or do you have a change of status in the USCIS system? Since you do not have much time, maybe if you print that and bring it with you to the interview, that can help them to locate your file.

Good luck in your interview tomorrow.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Was able to call and get it worked out.

Thanks to all the people that gave constructive advice.

I-130 Filed June 18,05

NOA1 I-130 June 21,05

Touched December 30, 2005 YAY!!!!

Approved I-130 December 30, 2005

AOS Fee/Forms Received January 18, 2006

AOS/Visa Fee sent to NVC January 25, 2006

Interview in Montreal October 30, 2006

Activate Visa POE-Montreal October 31, 2006 WOO HOO!!!!

I-129F Filed July 5, 05

NOA1 July 28, 05

I-129F TOUCHED August 4,05 (COULD IT BE?? NO!)

APPROVED 1-129F August 11, 05

Case arrives Montreal September 12, 2005

Medical September 16, 2005

Packet 3 from Montreal September 23,2005

Returned Packet 3 September 23, 2005

Transfered Case to Vancouver Consulate November 3, 2005

Interview in Vancouver November 9, 2005

Visa Received November 9, 2005

Activating POE Toronto November 25, 2005

I-765 Employment Auth Mailed Package November 28, 2005

Rec'd Novermber 29, 2005

NOA1 Received December 2, 2005

Biometrics Appt. January 11 2006 DONE

EAD Card Received January 24,2006

I-751 Remove Conditions

Filed I-751 August 4, 2008 (AND NOW THE WAIT BEGINS)

Biometrics Appt September 4, 2008

TOUCHED September 5, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.