livetolove

a fight with my lawyer

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

After waiting for 17 months and service after service, I finally got a RFE with hundreds of requiremnts since that was my only and last chance to get approved, i gathered all the information including over 300 pic from courtship to post marital and put in over 7 folders ( cause I visited my wife seven times in different countries)... my lawyer is down playing every thing and keep telling me to send only selected e-mails, selected photos, selected fedex airway bills and other selected stuff............i keep telling her that we have to send all pics, letters, envelopes with postages, all western union reciepts, but, she keep telling me that she knows every thing about this procedures and ask me not to panic........I new she was an ignorant when she told me that she want to make a copy of some pics and mail it to the USCIS ( i never heard in my life a petioner who copies his pics and send it to the USCIS ( instead of sending original pics)

today, I went to her office and dropped at her office over 22 folders from A to Z and left her a message to mail it with a cover letter. She called me and told me that we dont need to mail all the folders and we have to send just only 10 folders......

My question is do i have to let her do what ever she see is right or take all the folders from her and mail it myself to the USCIS though I paid her a lot of money? I dont know what to do cause it is my final chance to get approved or denied

Need your adivse..................please help

Edited by livetolove

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The way I look at it is no one has ever been denied because they sent in too much information. They have, however, been denied for not sending in enough. It's your decision what you want to do. I understand you worrying since this is your last chance to prove your relationship before either an approved or denial.

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Timeline

Tonnage does not equal better. A small selection from the entire length of the relationship is preferable.

If you were a CO would want to look through all of someone else's vacation pictures?

You can certainly send whatever you want. But you'll be wasting postage $$.

What I heard from some petitioners, who got married and filed in the US, before and after interviews, USCIS send one or two of their agents to the couple's house and visit petitioner and beneficiery before midnight to check if they are living together. The first thing they do is, they go to the bedroom and take a look at the closet to find out if those couples are keeping they dress and sleepwear together. The second thing they ask for is a photo album...................if this happened with those petitioners it is gonna happen to me too. I am sure in case of RFE, they require more and more pics in different locations to find out if he or she did not marry the US citizen just for the sake of getting green card.

I read on VJ forum that all those who got RFE and mailed tons of Skype chat logs, call logs ....finally got approved...............

in my case, my relation with my wife started year 2003 and inspite of this, they send me RFE, my be because I divorce twice 6 years ago and didnt filed a petition for my exes.

Edited by livetolove

I got RFE last January.

I sent 397 pages.

I responded to all points. Including. Bank records. Letter from employer. And pictures from 6 trips to visit my wife.

I called a lawyer for advise. He wanted me to have a different (immigration) lawyer check my RFE submission. Apparently lawyers just take your money and do the minimum.

I sent my 397 page RFE response and waited about 6 weeks to get approved and case forwarded to NVC.

IMHO, as long as you respond to their request, you should be fine.

In our submission I sent perhaps 10-20 pictures from each trip.

Our pictures were digitally stored on PC. Printed on home printer in color. Wrote date range of the trip on each page. Wrote case number on each page.

Good luck

Edited by Bule&Cantik

After waiting for 17 months and service after service, I finally got a RFE with hundreds of requiremnts since that was my only and last chance to get approved, i gathered all the information including over 300 pic from courtship to post marital and put in over 7 folders ( cause I visited my wife seven times in different countries)... my lawyer is down playing every thing and keep telling me to send only selected e-mails, selected photos, selected fedex airway bills and other selected stuff............i keep telling her that we have to send all pics, letters, envelopes with postages, all western union reciepts, but, she keep telling me that she knows every thing about this procedures and ask me not to panic........I new she was an ignorant when she told me that she want to make a copy of some pics and mail it to the USCIS ( i never heard in my life a petioner who copies his pics and send it to the USCIS ( instead of sending original pics)

today, I went to her office and dropped at her office over 22 folders from A to Z and left her a message to mail it with a cover letter. She called me and told me that we dont need to mail all the folders and we have to send just only 10 folders......

My question is do i have to let her do what ever she see is right or take all the folders from her and mail it myself to the USCIS though I paid her a lot of money? I dont know what to do cause it is my final chance to get approved or denied

Need your adivse..................please help

Your lawyer isn't going to have to live with the consequences of what is sent/isn't sent, so go with what you feel is right.

We had an attorney for our I-130 after our K1 was denied. If we listened to the attorney's advice and didn't go with our own instincts, we'd still be waiting for my husband to get here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In my case, I sent only one photograph and my case approved on time without REF. It is really very easy process, if you are using this forum, you don't need to hire any lawyer even if case is complicated too.

USCIS:

11/19/2011: I-130 Sent

11/25/2011: NOA1 email notification received.

11/28/2011: Petition touched

04/27/2012: NOA2 email notification received.

NVC:

05/07/2012: NVC received

05/30/2012: Called NVC to receive Case # & IIN

XX/XX/2012: AOS bill invoiced and paid

XX/XX/2012: AOS package mailed

XX/XX/2012: AOS Receipt Paid

XX/XX/2012: DS-3032 acceptance e-mail received

XX/XX/2012: IV bill invoiced; IV bill

XX/XX/2012: IV fee

XX/XX/2012: IV fee bill appears PAID

XX/XX/2012: DS-230 delivered to NVC

XX/XX/2012: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy:

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Interview scheduled

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa received

Timeline

In my case, I sent only one photograph and my case approved on time without REF. It is really very easy process, if you are using this forum, you don't need to hire any lawyer even if case is complicated too.

thank u 4 your feedback....in my case, when i filed i-130 for my wife, i sent around 8 to 10 pics. The reason they sent me a RFE is because of the proxy marriage I have, cause according to the USCIS, I have to proof to the USCIS that marriage has been susequently consummated. That's why i have to send them courtship and post marital documents.....

Edited by livetolove

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

thank u 4 your feedback....in my case, when i filed i-130 for my wife, i sent around 8 to 10 pics. The reason they sent me a RFE is because of the proxy marriage I have, cause according to the USCIS, I have to proof to the USCIS that marriage has been susequently consummated. That's why i have to send them courtship and post marital documents.....

Proxy marriage is accepted by USCIS, BUT, you have to have hard evidence you and her were together after marriage, such as back to back ATM receipts, purchases at stores, (her card- then your's) pics under a outdoor clock with time and date is excellent proof. Speaking as a former proxy marriage filer, we got an RFE also, but were approved 45 days later, but that was a LONGGGGGGG time ago, since then, I withdrew his visa, hopefully had him banned from USA forever, and divorced him.....

Best wishes on your journey......

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ok. so you did nikkah on phone/webcam.

USCIS:

11/19/2011: I-130 Sent

11/25/2011: NOA1 email notification received.

11/28/2011: Petition touched

04/27/2012: NOA2 email notification received.

NVC:

05/07/2012: NVC received

05/30/2012: Called NVC to receive Case # & IIN

XX/XX/2012: AOS bill invoiced and paid

XX/XX/2012: AOS package mailed

XX/XX/2012: AOS Receipt Paid

XX/XX/2012: DS-3032 acceptance e-mail received

XX/XX/2012: IV bill invoiced; IV bill

XX/XX/2012: IV fee

XX/XX/2012: IV fee bill appears PAID

XX/XX/2012: DS-230 delivered to NVC

XX/XX/2012: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy:

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Interview scheduled

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ok. so you did nikkah on phone/webcam.

You mentioned you think RFE is due to proxy marriage, well if she has not been there to see you more then 1 time, that there is a RED FLAG. Marrying Proxy and a 1 time visit, in a high fraud country is truly a RED FLAG. (And Im not saying your marriage is a fraud)

Even with me being in Paris 3 times to see my former husband before proxy marriage, and then arriving 1 day after our marriage, we had an RFE, USCIS frowns on proxy marriage.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I only sent in about 10 pictures and some of them were just photo copies because we had the picture taken on vacations and I didn't want to give them away. We didn't any RFE's with the USCIS but I would do what you feel to be right for you.

Green Card issued 9/28/2014 after filing I-601 Wavier

Removal of Conditions
6/6/2014 - Meeting with Lawyer to start process
7/15/2014 - ROC mailed
7/24/2014 - Received at USCIS
8/11/2014 - Biometric appointment notice received
8/18/2014 - Biometric appointment

10/24/2014 - ROC Approved!

On another web page I go to we had a poster from Vermont Visa Center. He said "just follow the instructions". He also said that those huge files are annoying. Not that they get you rejected but that overkill is unneccesary.

Timeline

I hired a lawyer after we got our RFE and she told us to put around 100 pictures (not including what we already sent in our original petition), everything (and I mean everything) they asked for, letters from both of us about our relationship from the beginning, letters (which we also included with the original packet but she wanted more detailed ones) from family members about our relationship, etc. According to her, there is no such thing as front loading, especially in a MENA country. We were approved almost immediately after that and then everything just flew from there.

I would rather them get bored at looking through all my documents than send me a denial based on not enough information. Good luck to you:)

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.