Meredith

What happens after denial?

25 posts in this topic

Hey there,

So my fiance was denied for one year his K-1 visa in Kingston because he admitted to using marijuana once in the past year in his medical. His urine was clean. I won't go into the specifics of how Dr. Banbury tricked and bullied him into confessing, but there was a lot of shadiness there...not to mention the fact that she charged much more than the Embassy web site says that she does AND basically salivated over charging him an extra 2000 J after convincing him to get a urine test. I do not want him to go back to her at all next time.

My questions are:

1. His paperwork was not returned. Will it be? If we need to refile, we'll need it back.

2. Will we need to refile? Or will he just get another interview letter next spring and have to return with a new medical and police certificate?

3. Any further advice from anyone who's been through this before?

Thanks,

Meredith

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey there,

So my fiance was denied for one year his K-1 visa in Kingston because he admitted to using marijuana once in the past year in his medical. His urine was clean. I won't go into the specifics of how Dr. Banbury tricked and bullied him into confessing, but there was a lot of shadiness there...not to mention the fact that she charged much more than the Embassy web site says that she does AND basically salivated over charging him an extra 2000 J after convincing him to get a urine test. I do not want him to go back to her at all next time.

My questions are:

1. His paperwork was not returned. Will it be? If we need to refile, we'll need it back.

2. Will we need to refile? Or will he just get another interview letter next spring and have to return with a new medical and police certificate?

Thanks,

Meredith

1. His paperwrok will be returned to USCIS. By then the petition will be expired.

2. Yes. The petition will be expired you need to file a new one.

3. Don't use marijuana. It is illegal and a reason to be banned for more than one year. You cannot be "tricked and bullied" into admitting something you DID NOT do. So don't. Doesn;t matter what ones opinion on the use of marijuana is, you CAN be banned for life for using it. Best to lay off it until he gets here and BECOMES A CITIZEN 4 years later. Then they can only put you in prison but they cannot kick you out.

Wait one year and send in another petition.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Good Advice

11/13/2011 POE LAX ( My love is finally HOME!)
11/19/2011 Married (6 days)
11/25/2011 Filed Marriage License (6 days)
12/08/2011 Sent AOS Packet ( I-485, I-130, I-797 (13 days)
12/12/2011 NOA ( Packet received) (4 days)
02/16/2012 RFE (70 days)
02/20/2012 Sent Requested Evidence Back (4 days)
02/24/2012 Notice of Receipt of Evidence (4 days)
02/25/2012 Production of EAD/AP Combo Card (1 day)
03/02/2012 Mailed EAD/AP Combo Card (6 days)
03/05/2012 Received EAD/AP Combo Card In Mail (3 days)
03/14/2012 Received Interview Notice for 4/18/2012 (9 days)
04/18/2012 Interview at 10:50 am APPROVED (4 days)
04/18/2012 Notice of Approval for GC (35 days)
04/23/2012 Card in Production email (5 days)
04/24/2012 Card in Mail (1 day)
04/26/2012 GC in hand YAYAYAYA! (2 days)

Removal Of Conditions

02/03/2014 Collect all paperwork for I-751 and over nighted to Vermont Service Center

02/05/2014 Notice of Acceptance Online (2 days)

03/12/2014 Biometrics Appointment ( Went Smooth) (35 days)

05/09/2014 Waiting!!! (58 days)

08/01/2014 I-751 APPROVED ( 142 days)

08/07/2014 Received the approval letter ( 148 days )

Naturalization

11/22/2016 Over nighted N-400 to Lewisville Texas

11/29/2016 Check Cashed!

12/05/2016 NOA

12/20/2016 Biometrics Appointment

01/30/2017 In Line for Interview

04/03/2017 Interview day! Approved (134 Days)

04/07/2017 Received Oath Ceremony Letter (137 days)

Total of 148 days in the ROC process!

Day 137 of Naturalization after starting this whole process 6 years ago.... here we go again.

Good Advice

Can I send in another petition earlier than a year? With the CR-1 processing times, I figure that if I send it in August (CR-1 this time around), we'll be ready to re-interview/apply for the visa in the Spring, after the one year ban. The I-130 is simply the petition, the interview is the visa application.

Will USCIS return the paperwork to me? I need it back to get married and refile.

Can I send in another petition earlier than a year? With the CR-1 processing times, I figure that if I send it in August (CR-1 this time around), we'll be ready to re-interview/apply for the visa in the Spring, after the one year ban. The I-130 is simply the petition, the interview is the visa application.

Will USCIS return the paperwork to me? I need it back to get married and refile.

And I do see your point on marijuana. It's hard for me to fathom giving someone a one-year ban for a simple admission considering that I live in a city where it's decriminalized.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

How to advise you about starting over depends on exactly what the denial notice says.

Just what documents do you need back that you can't simply order new certified copies of?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

better. if u used pot and the tests are clean, dont addmit it. :blink:

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Timeline

Yes. You could. Be sure you want to get married first, any denial would leave your husband in Jamica and you very much married. Be sure of what you do.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

And I do see your point on marijuana. It's hard for me to fathom giving someone a one-year ban for a simple admission considering that I live in a city where it's decriminalized.

The federal government has not decriminalized it. It is a class A illegal drug with no legal purpose under US law, the same as heroin. What states do within the state is yet to be challenged but that is not the issue for USCIS who follow only federal law. The use of marijuana COULD result in a lifetime ban. If he uses it as an LPR he could be deported or his citizenship denied. So lets say the both of you are smoking pot on the street corner in your city and get caught. The cops write you both a ticket for $50 and when he goes for Removal of Conditions he gets deported. What fun!

One of the drawbacks of this type of relationship and LPR status. Relatively minor things for US citizens can be major problems for LPRs and their families.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

I see your point.

But Gary is right, plenty of states have legalized medical marijuana, plenty more states have decriminalized it. But immigration is completely a federal matter, and the federal government still considers it a class A drug.

Thank you for all of the advice. And yes, I do want to get married, regardless of the outcome. If it doesn't work out for us here, I'll be heading down there. It's not ideal, but we're in this together, no matter what.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you for all of the advice. And yes, I do want to get married, regardless of the outcome. If it doesn't work out for us here, I'll be heading down there. It's not ideal, but we're in this together, no matter what.

On a positive note, it's not the worst place to have to move to! :)

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey there,

My questions are:

Thanks,

Meredith

OMG!! He used only ONCE in the past year and they found it??? Are you sure? That is ridiculous!!!

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Package sent: October 10th

NOA1: October 18th

Biometric Letter: October 20th

Biometric apt: November 16th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.