Bad_Daddy

Is it possible for non mods to delete their own post on here?

14 posts in this topic

I was just curious if that option existed on this board. Say I replied to someones post...thread whatever, could I delete that post within a certain time frame?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was just curious if that option existed on this board. Say I replied to someones post...thread whatever, could I delete that post within a certain time frame?

there's a time limit for you to edit it (5 minutes last i knew of), but no, you cannot remove your post.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thanks for the quick reply. I was just curious if that option on here existed.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

there's a time limit for you to edit it (5 minutes last i knew of), but no, you cannot remove your post.

10 minutes now :)

Thanks for the quick reply. I was just curious if that option on here existed.

You can edit your post for 10 minutes after posting it (even after closing the page I've noticed as long as it's within 10 minutes).

Timeline

You can edit it to blankness

Well not really. You have to have something there so some people change it to "nvm" or "." or something like that otherwise it says "your post is empty" and won't let you save the changes.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Well not really. You have to have something there so some people change it to "nvm" or "." or something like that otherwise it says "your post is empty" and won't let you save the changes.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

My quote was in the post... that's not "blankness"

Timeline

Lol :) I've tried editting to remove all info it won't let me. i've tried "composing" by just hitting "add reply" but it won't let me. You COULD in theory put text but then make it white and maybe then it'll be blank... I'll try that next :) i assume you'd have to then hit "reply" to my post to see what I wrote... tricky tricky :P

**Edit - see below. You can just highlight it with your mouse to make it visible :)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

This is my test to see whether white text will look blank. if you're replied to this post you'll know what I wrote

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep - when you highlight the 'white space' in the 'apparent emptiness' of the post you can read Vanessa's message :-). Actually, that trick was used by a spammer shortly after I became a Mod - couldn't figure out what was wrong until someone suggested highlighting the space and the spam message became apparent.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

This is my test to see whether white text will look blank. if you're replied to this post you'll know what I wrote

That's pretty amusing. Now I will know what to do if I ever see a blank post from you...or anyone.

But I will expect something totally worth the effort if I see you do it.