PD is Current.

June 2012 Visa Bulletin Prediction

552 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wanna share. Today, my interview schedule was sent through email by the NVC. It's May 22,2012. PD:Oct.23,2009. Good luck for the next set of current PD's. Waiting sucks but it definitely has an end.

Congrats Walu!

I-130 Sent : 2010-03-01

PRIORITY DATE: 2010-05-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-03-12

I-130 Approved : 2010-09-13

NVC Received : 2010-09-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-09-29

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-10-29

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-02

Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2010-12-28

Receive Instruction Package : 2010-12-28

US EMBASSY MNL Interview: 2012-27-09

Filed: Timeline

hello! My spouse PD is March 02, 2010 but now i need help for my citizenship. I know this thread is based on f2a category. But I'm posting this topic regarding naturalization here just to need help from you guys-I'd recieved my green card on june 12, 2007. I was out of U.S. and came back in Jan. 20, 2012 so do i need to wait till april 20, 2012 to apply for citizenship based on 3-month state residence requirement? And i stayed outside U.S. for more than 6 months. So, with N400 form should i need to submit Tax forms along with other requirements-green-card copy, two photographs and check-fee? pls. help

thnx

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

After becoming a permanent resident, you can apply for citizenship or Naturalization.

Requirements

1-Must be 18 years old

2-Must have Permanent Residence Status (Green Card) for five years subsequent to application. If married to a U.S. Citizen, the permanent residency requirement is three years.

3- Must have resided for at least three months within the state the petition was filed.

4- Must be physically present in the U.S. for at least one-half of the five years (one half of the three years for spouse of a Citizen).

5-Must have resided continuously within the U.S. from the date the application was filed up to the time of admission to citizenship

6-Must not be absent for a period more than one year during the period residence is required. (Five years or three years)

7-Must be a person of good moral character.

Complete an “Application for Naturalization” (Form N-400) form with 3 passport-style photographs. Send your application, passport-style photographs, documents, and fee (DO NOT SEND CASH) to the Regional Service Center where the applicant is permanently residing. Keep a copy of everything you send to USCIS.

Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an appointment letter from USCIS with instructions. Go to the fingerprinting location and get your fingerprints taken. Mail additional documents if the USCIS requests them and wait for the USCIS to schedule your interview.

Additional Resources

USCIS M-476: A Guide to Naturalization

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you filed a petition for your spouse and/or minor children when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR), and you are now a U.S. citizen, you must upgrade the petition from family second preference (F2) to immediate relative (IR). You can do this by sending proof of your U.S. citizenship to the National Visa Center (NVC). You should send:

A copy of the biodata page of your U.S. passport; or

A copy of your certificate of naturalization

Important Notice: If you upgrade a family second preference (F2) petition for your spouse and you did not file separate petitions for your minor children when you were a LPR, you must do so now. A child is not included in an immediate relative (IR) petition. (This is different from the family second preference (F2) petition, which includes minor children in their parent's F2 petition.)

Children born abroad after you became a U.S. citizen may qualify for U.S. citizenship. They should apply for U.S. passports. The consular officer will determine whether your child is a U.S. citizen and can have a passport. If the consular officer determines your child is not a U.S. citizen, the child must apply for an immigrant visa if he/she wants to live in the U.S.

source:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/t...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1306.html#5

hello! My spouse PD is March 02, 2010 but now i need help for my citizenship. I know this thread is based on f2a category. But I'm posting this topic regarding naturalization here just to need help from you guys-I'd recieved my green card on june 12, 2007. I was out of U.S. and came back in Jan. 20, 2012 so do i need to wait till april 20, 2012 to apply for citizenship based on 3-month state residence requirement? And i stayed outside U.S. for more than 6 months. So, with N400 form should i need to submit Tax forms along with other requirements-green-card copy, two photographs and check-fee? pls. help

thnx

5 years as a Permanent Resident without leaving the United

States for trips of 6 months or longer.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Thats really good, that NVC preparing already Jun 2011 casses. I guess and of this year they gonna give visas to 2011 Jan till Feb. I hope 2010 pds will move very fast. Plzz god help

I hope so..keep fingers cross bro..

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.