SANDY AND HAMZA

NVC refuse my document !

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

hi my friends , i am really pissed off and i need your help , my lowyer send me email and send they refuse my marriage contract and clerence police record and my birth certificate because they are not original , how that can be ? the original are in arabic launguage , the copie i send them translated by sworen translater and stpbed by the goverment , before i send them i want to the amrican embassy at tunis and they said they paper are ok and they will accept them there at the NVC

PLEAZ I need help , what i can do now? do i have to send them my arabic document or what?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

no don't give them the originals they might not give them back for record did your lawyer tell you to send the originals. because mine are also translated from arabic but my lawyer said it was fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you send a copy of both the translation AND the original language? That could be the issue if you didn't. They want both of them not just the translation paper.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You have to send the originals in the native language as well as the translations. That's the way it works. You'll get them back at the interview.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You have to send the originals in the native language as well as the translations. That's the way it works. You'll get them back at the interview.

EXACTLY!!! Send the originals followed with a translation, anyone can do the translation, it doesn't need to be "sworn"

Just make sure the person translating will state the following:

"I certify that I am competent to translate (foreign language) to English and that this is a complete and correct translation."

Put the name of the person doing the translation and have him/her sign it.

Good luck!

Edited by ISIS AND TROY

Marriage: June 21, 2011

USCIS (179 days - 5 months and 27 days)

I-130 mailed: August 24, 2011

NOA1: September 1, 2011

Touched: September 6, 2011

NOA2: February 27, 2012

NVC - 30 days

NVC Received: March 05, 2012

NVC assigns case #: March 09, 2012

E-mailed choice of agent according to VJ's sample: March 13, 2012

Received AOS package and I-864 bill: March 14, 2012

Paid I-864 bill: March 15, 2012

I-864 bill status PAID: March 16, 2012

Mailed AOS package: March 19, 2012

NVC’s operator informed on the phone they accepted AOS package: March 23, 2012

Received checklist for the DS-3032: March 23, 2012 (the first electronic choice of agent didn’t get through…)

Resent electronic choice of agent to NVC: March 23, 2012

NVC accepts electronic choice of agent: March 26, 2012

IV bill invoiced: March 27, 2012

IV bill paid: March 28, 2012

IV bill status PAID: March 29, 2012

Mailed IV package: March 29, 2012

CASE COMPLETE: April 04, 2012

NVC left and interview scheduled: April 06, 2012

Interview date: May 30, 2012

Result: APPROVED!!!!

976029h8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

hi my friends , i am really pissed off and i need your help , my lowyer send me email and send they refuse my marriage contract and clerence police record and my birth certificate because they are not original , how that can be ? the original are in arabic launguage , the copie i send them translated by sworen translater and stpbed by the goverment , before i send them i want to the amrican embassy at tunis and they said they paper are ok and they will accept them there at the NVC

PLEAZ I need help , what i can do now? do i have to send them my arabic document or what?

I would be pissed at your lawyer for not knowing that NVC requires the original document plus a photocopy for the IV package. NVC only requires a translation of a document if it is not in the same language as the foreign embassy where the interview will take place. Many VJ members have sent translations just to be safe. Sounds like the only thing you sent was the translation.

06/10/11 - Married

USCIS: (224 days)

07/22/11 - Mailed I-130 petitions for wife and step-daughter

07/28/11 - NOA1 for both

02/21/12 - RFE for both (received hardcopy on 2/25)

02/28/12 - Responded to RFE for both(received by CSC on 2/29)

03/02/12 - NOA2 for both(received hardcopy on 3/8)

NVC: (37 days)

03/12/12 - NVC Received both

03/21/12 - NVC case number and IIN received for both & Emailed Choice of Agent for both

03/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid for both

03/26/12 - AOS bill shows paid & AOS Packets mailed for both

03/27/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for wife (sent another for step-daughter via email and express mail)

03/28/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for step-daughter & IV bill invoiced & paid for wife

03/29/12 - IV bill shows paid for wife & IV bill invoiced & paid for step-daughter

03/30/12 - IV bill shows paid for step-daughter & IV Packets mailed for both

04/04/12 - IV Packets reviewed. Checklist issued for Divorce Decree for my wife. Step-daughter's was accepted and her case closed

04/10/12 - Divorce Decree accepted after supervisor review & wife's case closed

04/16/12 - Expedite requested for both cases due to NVC error

04/18/12 - Expedite request approved for both cases and sent to Santiago Embassy

Embassy: (15 days)

04/24/12 - Embassy received both cases from NVC

04/25/12 - Wife went to Embassy for document review. Interview date assigned for both cases.

04/26/12 - Medical Exam for both. Result - approved.

05/07/12 - Interview date for both. Result - approved!

05/09/12 - Received both Visas

05/16/12 - POE Atlanta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would be pissed at your lawyer for not knowing that NVC requires the original document plus a photocopy for the IV package. NVC only requires a translation of a document if it is not in the same language as the foreign embassy where the interview will take place. Many VJ members have sent translations just to be safe. Sounds like the only thing you sent was the translation.

Lawyers for this process are useless. Mine set me back $1800 and delayed the process by 3 months thanks to is incompetence. He had no clue about the NVC process. If it wasn't for this website, my wife would still be sitting in Thailand.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Lawyers for this process are useless. Mine set me back $1800 and delayed the process by 3 months thanks to is incompetence. He had no clue about the NVC process. If it wasn't for this website, my wife would still be sitting in Thailand.

I couldn't agree more with you. VisaJourney.com is a much better resource and it is free. When we first started this journey I consulted an Immigration Attorney who was a relative of a friend. The consult was free, but he offered me some advice that turned out to be wrong. The only advantage you get with a lawyer is at the NVC phase because they invoice the AOS and IV bill at the same time since the lawyer is already designated as the choice of agent. This can save about a week of wait time at the NVC, but in my opinion this is not worth the money that an attorney will charge for the service.

06/10/11 - Married

USCIS: (224 days)

07/22/11 - Mailed I-130 petitions for wife and step-daughter

07/28/11 - NOA1 for both

02/21/12 - RFE for both (received hardcopy on 2/25)

02/28/12 - Responded to RFE for both(received by CSC on 2/29)

03/02/12 - NOA2 for both(received hardcopy on 3/8)

NVC: (37 days)

03/12/12 - NVC Received both

03/21/12 - NVC case number and IIN received for both & Emailed Choice of Agent for both

03/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid for both

03/26/12 - AOS bill shows paid & AOS Packets mailed for both

03/27/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for wife (sent another for step-daughter via email and express mail)

03/28/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for step-daughter & IV bill invoiced & paid for wife

03/29/12 - IV bill shows paid for wife & IV bill invoiced & paid for step-daughter

03/30/12 - IV bill shows paid for step-daughter & IV Packets mailed for both

04/04/12 - IV Packets reviewed. Checklist issued for Divorce Decree for my wife. Step-daughter's was accepted and her case closed

04/10/12 - Divorce Decree accepted after supervisor review & wife's case closed

04/16/12 - Expedite requested for both cases due to NVC error

04/18/12 - Expedite request approved for both cases and sent to Santiago Embassy

Embassy: (15 days)

04/24/12 - Embassy received both cases from NVC

04/25/12 - Wife went to Embassy for document review. Interview date assigned for both cases.

04/26/12 - Medical Exam for both. Result - approved.

05/07/12 - Interview date for both. Result - approved!

05/09/12 - Received both Visas

05/16/12 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You're getting pissed off at the wrong party. The NVC property rejected your documents because your lawyer failed a very basic requirement; originals must be submitted to the NVC. You should be pissed off at your lawyer.

---------------

From the US State Department's website on how to submit documents to the NVC; http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Documents the Applicant Must Submit to the NVC

Original Document Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you to the United States must submit to the NVC original documents issued by an appropriate authority, or certified copies of those documents listed in this section.

Photocopy Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you must also submit to the NVC a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.

Required Documents

Original documents, photocopies, and translations (if required, as explained above) of the following documents must be submitted to the NVC for you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States.

• Birth Certificates
  • Court and Prison Records
  • Deportation Documentation
  • Marriage Certificates
  • Marriage Termination Documentation
  • Military Records
  • Petitioner Documents
  • Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
  • Photographs
  • Police Certificates
  • Adoption Documentation

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

You're getting pissed off at the wrong party. The NVC property rejected your documents because your lawyer failed a very basic requirement; originals must be submitted to the NVC. You should be pissed off at your lawyer.

---------------

From the US State Department's website on how to submit documents to the NVC; http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Documents the Applicant Must Submit to the NVC

Original Document Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you to the United States must submit to the NVC original documents issued by an appropriate authority, or certified copies of those documents listed in this section.

Photocopy Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you must also submit to the NVC a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.

Required Documents

Original documents, photocopies, and translations (if required, as explained above) of the following documents must be submitted to the NVC for you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States.

• Birth Certificates
  • Court and Prison Records
  • Deportation Documentation
  • Marriage Certificates
  • Marriage Termination Documentation
  • Military Records
  • Petitioner Documents
  • Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
  • Photographs
  • Police Certificates
  • Adoption Documentation

I DID JUST SEND THEM THE TRANSLATED COPIES ? THIS IS ALL ? I WAS THINKING IS FINE ? MY LAWYER WANT THE ARABIC ORIGINAL COPIES ? THIS M%AKE ME CRAZY GUYS!!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I DID JUST SEND THEM THE TRANSLATED COPIES ? THIS IS ALL ? I WAS THINKING IS FINE ? MY LAWYER WANT THE ARABIC ORIGINAL COPIES ? THIS M%AKE ME CRAZY GUYS!!

You did it wrong. You needed to send in the originals or certified copies with the translation. You are required to send them the Arabic originals to the NVC.

You are going crazy because you are going outside of the prescribed procedure. If you read and follow the instructions properly, you will not have to suffer through RFEs.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

no don't give them the originals they might not give them back for record did your lawyer tell you to send the originals. because mine are also translated from arabic but my lawyer said it was fine.

sorry, wrong answer.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

agree.

concur!

heck, this is covered in the ds-230 instructions, up at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

to the OP -

you got instructions from a lawyer? he/she is an idiot.

Please, think nothing is fine until you've reread the instructions up at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

Take some time, a coupla days.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Well like others said, the ORIGINAL documents must be sent to the NVC, so your lawyer is really clueless if he didn't tell you too. Just send the your originals + translation (doesn't have to be a sworn translator, you can translate them yourself if your English is fluent) + photocopies of the originals.

(For the people who said not to send originals, you have to realize that K1 and IR1/CR1 requirements are different. For spousal visas originals are required at NVC stage).

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning everyone. I've been pretty busy for the past few days and I'll be away for work this weekend. HOW does this forum add over 30 PAGES of posts in 2 days???!!!wow.gifwow.gif

Anyways, GREAT weekend to everyone. May we all move at least ONE step further in this NVC journey and have HAPPY reports this evening! As for me, our AOS was reviewed AND ACCEPTED (Yay) but our IV payment status is still showing 'Processing'... even though the $$$ left the account on Wednesday. But... we wait patiently (while calling everyday lol).

Blessings to all!

06-04-2011 GOT MARRIED!

09-06-2011 Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

09-16-2011 Official NOA1 in the mail

03-09-2012 Official NOA2 in the mail

03-24-2012 Received NVC Case # & IIN; Emailed DS-3032

04-06-2012 AOS filing ACCEPTED

05-01-2012 Interview Date Received: JUNE 21, 2012

05-21-2012 Medical completed - Andrews Memorial Hospital, Kingston, Jamaica

06-21-2012 INTERVIEW. Joint sponsor needed

06-26-2012 Embassy schedules follow-up appointment - Wednesday, June 27, 9:00 am

06-27-2012 VISA APPROVED & RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-28-2012 POE - FLL-Hollywood Int'l Airport, Florida

07-09-2012 Social Security Card received in the mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE (ROC)

05-28-2014 Mailed I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS Priority Mail (delivered 05/31)

06-04-2014 Received NOA1: Receipt date 06-02-2014

06-13-2014 Received ASC Appointment Notice - Biometrics appointment 07-01-2014

12-01-2014 Case transferred to California Service Center

01-12-2015 Case status updated: CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION!!!!!!!

01-16-2015 Card mailed. I have a tracking #!

01-17-2015 Permanent Green Card received in the mail.

NATURALIZATION

04-18-2016 Mailed N-400 Application via FedEx 2-day

04-20-2016 Package delivered @ 10:16 am!

04-22-2016 Acceptance text & email

04-25-2016 Check cashed

05-17-2016 Biometrics appointment

07-26-2016 Interview scheduled

09-08-2016 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

09-15-2016 Oath notice received in the mail: 9/29/2016!

09-29-2016 SWORN IN AS A NEW USA CITIZEN!!! Submitted voter registration

10-01-2016 Applied for USA passport

10-24-2016 Received passport & voter information card in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.