mike1111

cr 1 visa denied

116 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I bring up the K-3 example because USCIS should take it off the books if they know that NVC is going to close the I-129F.

USCIS can't remove the K3 from the books, even if they wanted to. The LIFE Act is an Act of Congress and only Congress has the capacity to amend the LIFE Act in a manner that officially removes the K3 from the books.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

USCIS can't remove the K3 from the books, even if they wanted to. The LIFE Act is an Act of Congress and only Congress has the capacity to amend the LIFE Act in a manner that officially removes the K3 from the books.

So who gave NVC the authority to close the I-129F? Seems like contempt of congress.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Like what? DoS and CBP barely talk as it is.

I have a picture in my head of a fax machine with a trash can under it at the Manila consulate.

Ah, but for this one thing, withdrawing the I-864, they DO talk. They talk via a computer system called SAFEFILE. CBP uses it at the POE, checks for Consular notices on each intending immigrant coming across their kiosk.

Get the notice into Manila IV? CBP will see it on their computer system.

We've had a similar argument / discourse about this before, on another thread. I'm sorry, I wish you would understand that a VISA issued does not guarantee entry into the USA. The 'use' of the I-864 actually starts once the Intending Immigrant is successfully processed at the POE. Having a note in the casefile , read at the POE, stops this successful POE processing, full stop.

Perhaps yer having an issue that since it's ME saying this, it isn't true? Is that it ? Yikes.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

So who gave NVC the authority to close the I-129F? Seems like contempt of congress.

The policy has been in place for some time. In February of 2010, though, the policy was actually enforced.

see http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Contact Info for USEM:

Embassy (Manila) Phone Number (and email)

(632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 (local number: USEM 3012000 loc 5184/5185 call them around 3-4:30pm)

** (214) 571-1600 or (646) 254-3546 (these are USA numbers)

For general inquiries: IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less.

The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** More threads merged and admin action taken for posting the same things many times despite multiple warnings not to do so. ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

can u name some questions them will ask her

We cannot tell you what kind of questions that co would asked to your wife, but usually they ask personal questions like: how did she met you, your bday, your job if any, your address, about your families etc. if your wife knows you she should not be worry.

Met my husband 2007
Officially Girlfriend and Boyfriend March 2008
Engaged/Asked permission to my family June 2008
Marriage October 2009
File I130 November 2009
File I129F November 2009

December 15,2009 CFO ( Commission on Filipinos Overseas)

Feb. 6, 2010 change passport to married name
I129F Approved February 18, 2010
I130 Approved March 9, 2010
Medical March 30 & 31, 2010 passed
Choice of Agent April 1, 2010
Interview April 12, 2010 AP reason NBI
IV FEE April 19, 2010 $400
NBI Interview May 14, 2010 written explanation
June 15, 2010 DS-230, finger scanning and swearing-in for CR1
June 17, 2010 Petition upgrade from K3 to CR1 Approved Thank you Lord
June 19, 2010 13:54 Saturday Visa in hand
July 10, 2010 Port of Entry Detroit.
July 19, 2010 Letter from POE filled out for
September 14, 2010 1st Welcome Letter from USCIS
September 17, 2010 2nd Welcome Letter from USCIS
September 20, 2010 Green Card yeheyyyy
December 22, 2010 Social Security Card
March 3, 2011 State ID
April 30, 2012 File Removal of Condition
May 5, 2012 Received and encash check
May 7, 2012 NO1 and 1 year Ext. while waiting for the approval of 10 year GC
June 4, 2012 Biometric Appointment
Jan. 31, 2013 Received Notice of RFE
Feb. 7, 2013 Sent RFE
Feb. 13, 2013 Vermont Service Received RFE
Mar. 22, 2013 RFE approved ordered reproduction of New Card
Mar. 28, 2013 Received New Card

Aug. 8, 2015 File N-400

Sept. 9, 2015 Biometric Appointment

Feb. 1, 2016 Interview

Feb. 18, 2016 Oath taking ( American Citizen Done).

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Are you saying it's a scam?

Or are you saying you're worried she could be scamming you?

If you know it's a scam, stop NOW. You'll most likely be caught, which will result in you getting a massive fine and likely jail time. She would be banned from ever entering the US.

If you're not sure, and you think she might be trying to scam you.. Get to know her better first. I know separation from someone you love is difficult. But this is something you need to be as sure of as you possibly can. If she were to leave you, whoever sponsors her may be financially responsible for her, even after she leaves you. If you're suspecting that she's trying to scam you, you'd be taking both an emotional gamble as well as a big financial gamble.

Yikes. he got bit, already.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.