luckytxn

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman

63 posts in this topic

Timeline

Witnesses are good.whistling.gif

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sounds like Zimmerman chased him, caught up with him, Zimmerman proceeded to get his a$$ kicked, then shot the kid. If that is self-defense, then that is what it is. I have a feeling Zimmerman is going to get off with self defense, I wonder what the repercussions of this will be. If I was still Treyvon's age and dressed like Treyvon dressed, I would carry a hand gun at night when I was walking through my neighborhood. When some neighborhood watch hero approached me, I would at least have a chance to kill him first in self defense.

Edited by Orando

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a big mess. We will have to wait on the full details. Remember the Duke lacrose players arrested for sexual assault were found to be innocent back in 2006. Let the evidence come out before we accuse or excuse Zimmerman.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Sounds like Zimmerman chased him, caught up with him, Zimmerman proceeded to get his a$$ kicked, then shot the kid. If that is self-defense, then that is what it is. I have a feeling Zimmerman is going to get off with self defense, I wonder what the repercussions of this will be. If I was still Treyvon's age and dressed like Treyvon dressed, I would carry a hand gun at night when I was walking through my neighborhood. When some neighborhood watch hero approached me, I would at least have a chance to kill him first in self defense.

17-year-olds can't carry handguns.

Trayvon wasn't in his neighborhood he was in Zimmerman's.

It's amazing that you're not grasping the concept of what happened here.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Any time you get race involved in these situations reason and logic go out the window for many people.

I'll give you my speculation of what happened based on the facts that we know.

-According to the 911 tape, zimmerman saw someone who looked suspicious and called 911 (is that the move of a self appointed cop?).

-According to the tape, as he relays info over the phone THe 17 yr old starts to approach him. ... and keeps coming, then he suddenly breaks and runs.

-Zimmerman is told not to follow but does.

- at this point we must rely on what others heard and saw.

-I suspect the Black kid took offense at being followed which might be a reasonable reaction and 5'3" zimmerman and 6" 2" Martin engage. We don't know who made the first move.

-We can hear from other 911 calls someone crying for help right before the shooting, the teens father said it is not his sons voice, WHO THIS VOICE TURNS OUT TO BE IS KEY.

-Eye witnesses puts the teen as the dominate party in the struggle but that does not answer who started it.

* Did zimmerman in is desire to stop someone who looked and acted as a suspicious person grab him to keep him from escaping? (sounds very probable)

* Did the teen get pissed about what he felt was profiling and attack zimmerman (also probable)?

One of the things I think is unfortunate in all of this (that has been over looked) it the unfounded attacks on Zimmerman because he cared enough about his neighborhood to try to make it better. I have not heard any reports where he was excessive in this roll in "neighborhood watch" or was obsessed with some small amount of authority.

In fact who would you rather have as a neighbor, the Community watch guy or the teen who was on suspension when this happened?

When this is all said and done, I don't think we will find a bad person in either party, it was just a few missteps on both sides which lead to this terrible ending of Martins life.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It is an unfortunate event. Black people have a different perspective and life experience than white people in the USA. Sadly, that is the way it is. The issue with this one for black people is that it could happen to any of us, at anytime, that is just the way it is, it doesn't matter if we are innocent, we just need to look a certain way, dress a certain way. Even white people who dress like gangstas will get the same treatment. I get that, but when something like this does happen to an innocent person, it fans the flames of historical injustice in the USA for black people. Good thing is, the authorities are taking all the right steps to escalate the matter, which is good.

Zimmerman should have stayed in his car, the authority of a neighborhood watch person should only extend that far unless someone is in the act of committing a crime. The kid was not breaking into a house at the time nor assaulting anybody. It would be a different story if the kid was in the act of committing a crime. Terrible, even if Zimmerman doesn't catch a man-slaughter charge, his live has changed completely. Sucks for him at this point, anyway this plays out. I heard he is currently in hiding.

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

Timeline

It is an unfortunate event. Black people have a different perspective and life experience than white people in the USA. Sadly, that is the way it is. The issue with this one for black people is that it could happen to any of us, at anytime, that is just the way it is, it doesn't matter if we are innocent, we just need to look a certain way, dress a certain way. Even white people who dress like gangstas will get the same treatment. I get that, but when something like this does happen to an innocent person, it fans the flames of historical injustice in the USA for black people. Good thing is, the authorities are taking all the right steps to escalate the matter, which is good.

Zimmerman should have stayed in his car, the authority of a neighborhood watch person should only extend that far unless someone is in the act of committing a crime. The kid was not breaking into a house at the time nor assaulting anybody. It would be a different story if the kid was in the act of committing a crime. Terrible, even if Zimmerman doesn't catch a man-slaughter charge, his live has changed completely. Sucks for him at this point, anyway this plays out. I heard he is currently in hiding.

YOur post was pretty reasonable and I agree, Black folks will forever see things different than other do, this is so more or less with every group.

Blacks are unique in that millions dollars and endless hours are spent every year, reminding, reliving and to often exaggerating their historical experience, there are way to many people invested in the emotions and dollars to be gleaned from this effort.

I have concluded two decades ago that this divisiveness will never go away.

Perhaps these words written so long ago help more wisdom than most want to face.

"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people [blacks] are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them." --Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821. ME 1:72

It's not that there are not people from both groups don't want to get past color and history..... it is just so rare for such a thing to happen. The days of believing this illusion will have legs has certainly passed. (though it feels good to keep this hope alive)

The reality is we are stuck with each other and so we must struggle to make the best of things.

Oddly enough some of the same people who love to harken back to the days of Lynching are they themselves putting out "WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE posters out on this hispanic guys life.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Evidently, the White Supremist organizations are making a stand here. Terrible and just wrong:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t874790/ <------Some very ugly stuff!

LOL... but it's ok for Rev Al "the fraud" Sharpton", and Big Daddy Jesse Jackson to make the most of it even though the facts haven't come out? I'm guessing your young because if you were over 40 years old chances are you would remember Rev. Al "the fraud" Sharpton in regards to the Tawana Brawley fiasco.

sheep.jpg

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

YOur post was pretty reasonable and I agree, Black folks will forever see things different than other do, this is so more or less with every group.

Blacks are unique in that millions dollars and endless hours are spent every year, reminding, reliving and to often exaggerating their historical experience, there are way to many people invested in the emotions and dollars to be gleaned from this effort.

I have concluded two decades ago that this divisiveness will never go away.

Perhaps these words written so long ago help more wisdom than most want to face.

"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people [blacks] are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them." --Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821. ME 1:72

It's not that there are not people from both groups don't want to get past color and history..... it is just so rare for such a thing to happen. The days of believing this illusion will have legs has certainly passed. (though it feels good to keep this hope alive)

The reality is we are stuck with each other and so we must struggle to make the best of things.

Oddly enough some of the same people who love to harken back to the days of Lynching are they themselves putting out "WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE posters out on this hispanic guys life.

I knew it couldn't be true. You start out sounding almost reasonable but then your train goes completely off the track! Do you somehow not get it that the MAJORITY of those casting ballots in the US presidential election of 2008 voted for a man most classify as BLACK! I think that qualifies as living in the same government. Though the idiots in the republican party in congress are doing their utmost to prevent him from accomplishing anything! Racism is dying. Not gone yet but it has become a minority position and will hopefully be growing ever smaller!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Evidently, the White Supremist organizations are making a stand here. Terrible and just wrong:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t874790/ <------Some very ugly stuff!

As are the Black Panthers VJ thread link

Everyone needs to calm the fcvk down, or this is going to turn really ugly, really quickly.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

As are the Black Panthers VJ thread link

Everyone needs to calm the fcvk down, or this is going to turn really ugly, really quickly.

You don't think it is already pretty ugly?!

On another note...white people are out of the equation on this one. This looks to be a African vs Hispanic thing now. All we can do is sit back and hope that they get this resolved in a non violent manor. :)

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."