Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2012

4,691 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I asked this in another thread but this question is probably more appropriate here. I called the NVC today and they told me my expedite case has left the NVC to the Embassy in Cairo. I called the DOS hotline number and the operator said they hadn't received it in their system yet and to call back next week. How long should it take from the time of case complete at the NVC to get an interview date from the embassy? Aren't they supposed to send an email when your case is completed at NVC?

07-17-2011: Marriage

10-31-2011: Mailed I-130

11-02-2011: NOA1

03-07-2012: NOA2

03-23-2012: Paid AOS and IV fees

04-02-2012: Mailed IV and AOS

04-12-2012: Case Completed at NVC, forwarded to Embassy

05-23-2012: Interview date

I asked this in another thread but this question is probably more appropriate here. I called the NVC today and they told me my expedite case has left the NVC to the Embassy in Cairo. I called the DOS hotline number and the operator said they hadn't received it in their system yet and to call back next week. How long should it take from the time of case complete at the NVC to get an interview date from the embassy? Aren't they supposed to send an email when your case is completed at NVC?

Only those in EP (electronic processing) get case complete emails.

And it'll vary by country how long it takes from case complete to interview date assigned. Typically, it's within a month.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks!

And it'll vary by country how long it takes from case complete to interview date assigned. Typically, it's within a month.

Edited by ahmed_f

07-17-2011: Marriage

10-31-2011: Mailed I-130

11-02-2011: NOA1

03-07-2012: NOA2

03-23-2012: Paid AOS and IV fees

04-02-2012: Mailed IV and AOS

04-12-2012: Case Completed at NVC, forwarded to Embassy

05-23-2012: Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good Work! Saylin. your guides have been extremely helpful for our AOS and IV package submission at NVC. Received false RFE's but our case got completed (after confirming twice with Operators)and we await an interview date at our consulate.

We received the following email in response to the false RFE's and later confirmed with the operators that our case has already been completed.

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the designated representative of this case (applicant,petitioner, or attorney) will be notified. The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

I hope we get an interview date soon.

Good Work! Saylin. your guides have been extremely helpful for our AOS and IV package submission at NVC. Received false RFE's but our case got completed (after confirming twice with Operators)and we await an interview date at our consulate.

We received the following email in response to the false RFE's and later confirmed with the operators that our case has already been completed.

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the designated representative of this case (applicant,petitioner, or attorney) will be notified. The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

I hope we get an interview date soon.

Thanks! Glad all the guides/links I put together helped! And great job on getting no checklists good.gifHope you get an interview date soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I only have 1 copy of our Moroccan marriage contract (certificate)..... I want to know if I can have a copy noterized and send it rather than sending my only original???? I did have our marriage registered with the state of maryland where they made a copy of it and put a seal on it Woukd it be ok to send that instead????

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

I only have 1 copy of our Moroccan marriage contract (certificate)..... I want to know if I can have a copy noterized and send it rather than sending my only original???? I did have our marriage registered with the state of maryland where they made a copy of it and put a seal on it Woukd it be ok to send that instead????

The marriage certificate in the IV package has to either be the original or a certified copy.

What makes a copy certified?????

Do they give originals back??????

A certified copy is an official copy of the original from the issuing agency of the certificate. For example, we got married in a court house and given the original marriage certificate once we were married, but we were able to get multiple certified copies of it.

If you send a photocopy as well as the original/certified copy, then the original/certified copy will be returned at the time of the interview.

wow March thread is still ongoing...Cool

disco4.gif

Edited by Neela & Jitu

06/03/11-Got Married!!

USCIS(199)Days ROC

08/12/11-I-130 Sent 04/15/14-I-751 Sent
08/15/11-(NOA1) Hard copy received(08/17/2011) 04/17/14-I-751 Delivered

02/21/12-Expedite Request sent 05/05/14-Check cashed & NOA received (receipt date 4/18)
02/28/12-Supporting Documents Sent 05/12/14-Biometrics letter received (scheduled for 6/4)
03/01/12-Receive USCIS letter(expedite request is under review) 05/16/14-Early walk-in Biometrics
03/01/12-(NOA2) Approved!!Received via email & sms. 11/07/14-Approval letter received dated (11/04/14)

NVC(21)Days 11/15/14-GC received
03/05/12-NVC Received (3 days after NOA2 approval)
03/20/12-Receive Case #,IIN&BIN # from NVC & give email addresses.

03/21/12-Submit DS-261 & sent in Optin email
03/22/12-Optin acceptance email received & AOS bill invoiced & paid
03/23/12-AOS bill appears as PAID.
03/26/12-Emailed I-864 Package.
03/30/12-IV bill invoiced & paid.
03/30/12-AOS package has been reviewd & accepted as per operator
04/04/12-IV bill appears as PAID,submitted DS-260,emailed IV pckge
04/06/12-IV checklist as per Operator & RESEND PCC.
04/09/12-Receive IV Checklist in Email
04/10/12-CC (received CASE COMPLETE!!! email)
05/03/12-Interview date assigned for June 11 (Reschedule 4 May 22)
Medical/US Consulate/POE
05/15/12-Medical at Toronto
05/22/12-Interview--APPROVED!!!
05/25/12-Visa Received/ In Hand!
05/27/12-POE at Queenston Bridge (Lewiston,NY)

iei0pv8engaw9.png

Great information. My wife's I-130 was recently approved (April 23rd). I have one small question. The guide says to wait a week after the NOA2 date to contact the NVC. The website with my tracking number gave the message that my petition was accepted on April 23rd. Is that the date I should go by? I did not receive an email with an NOA2 like I did for the NOA1, and the hard copy hasn't come in the mail yet. So before I call the NVC, should I have the hard copy of the NOA2 or just the acceptance message from the USCIS website? Please let me know, Thanks!

Paul

Great information. My wife's I-130 was recently approved (April 23rd). I have one small question. The guide says to wait a week after the NOA2 date to contact the NVC. The website with my tracking number gave the message that my petition was accepted on April 23rd. Is that the date I should go by? I did not receive an email with an NOA2 like I did for the NOA1, and the hard copy hasn't come in the mail yet. So before I call the NVC, should I have the hard copy of the NOA2 or just the acceptance message from the USCIS website? Please let me know, Thanks!

Paul

Grats on your recent NOA2! kicking.gif

April 23rd sounds like the approval date, so that's the date you should go by. No need to wait for the hardcopy in hand to call. As long as you have your CIS receipt number, you're good to go ;)

Just a note, it's looking like NVC is going through a backlog at the moment and it's now taking around 3-4 weeks to get a case number assigned. A lot of people in the NVC April thread with NOA2 dates from the end of March are still waiting for their case numbers. I still suggest calling every day once a week has passed, but it might be awhile to get your case number. If you get discouraged easily, you might want to hold off on calling until after 2 or 3 weeks.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I just got NOA2 text and email last night (Apr 26)! :dance: I have read through the first two posts on this thread and understand most of it. 4650 posts already in this thread is impressive. I wonder how long it would take to go through it all? :) Saylin, thanks for gathering all the info. It has been very helpful! Keep it up :thumbs:

I have one quick question: My wife lived in several different cities in India since she turned 16. Does she need PCC for every city or just the most recent one? I did some research already, but I cannot find the answer. I also emailed the Mumbai consulate, but the answer was pretty useless. Anyone here have the experience? Do you think NVC will know?

Thanks a bunch!

- GS11

Edited by GS11

I just got NOA2 text and email last night (Apr 26)! :dance: I have read through the first two posts on this thread and understand most of it. 4650 posts already in this thread is impressive. I wonder how long it would take to go through it all? :) Saylin, thanks for gathering all the info. It has been very helpful! Keep it up :thumbs:

I have one quick question: My wife lived in several different cities in India since she turned 16. Does she need PCC for every city or just the most recent one? I did some research already, but I cannot find the answer. I also emailed the Mumbai consulate, but the answer was pretty useless. Anyone here have the experience? Do you think NVC will know?

Thanks a bunch!

- GS11

Grats! kicking.gif

And just read the first two posts :P It'd take you quite awhile to get through all the posts in this thread laughing.gif

As for your question, it depends on how India does their police certificates. For Canada, the agencies do a country-wide search, so even if you lived in multiple provinces, you'd only need to get one PCC. If it's the same in India, then your wife would only need to get one PCC. But if they only do a city-wide search or a region-wide search, then she'd have to get multiple ones. Tell your wife to contact the place where she's going to get her PCC and ask how wide their search is (city, region, or country) and go from there. Hopefully it's country-wide so she doesn't need to get multiple ones.

Oh, and do you guys know about the passport clearance certificate you need to get as your wife is in India? It's one of those country-specific documents you need that no other country does (as far as I know).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.