MiSeRaBle123

where to get I-94 form ?

14 posts in this topic

Hi, i just want to know if they give me the I-94 at POE and i fill it there or do i have to have it before i get to the U.S? and apart from that all i need to take with me to the U.S are my passport and the sealed envelope, right? or is there any other forms?

Hi, i just want to know if they give me the I-94 at POE and i fill it there or do i have to have it before i get to the U.S? and apart from that all i need to take with me to the U.S are my passport and the sealed envelope, right? or is there any other forms?

On my case there is a counter for all kind of forms and fill it out there before going to the immigration officer.

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

your passport and the visa packet are the most important things that you have to have with you when leaving. the rest, will be up to you.

they said the I 94 was handed to them in the plane. But i got mine in the POE. they immigration officer asked me if i filled out an I -94 and i said no, so he gave me the form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

your passport and the visa packet are the most important things that you have to have with you when leaving. the rest, will be up to you.

they said the I 94 was handed to them in the plane. But i got mine in the POE. they immigration officer asked me if i filled out an I -94 and i said no, so he gave me the form.

You will fill out the I-94 at your POE, the first entry point into the United States. A USCIS Officer will take your sealed envelope and process you into the US Immigrations system. They will document your I-94 and staple it in your passport. You then continue on with your journey to your final destination in the U.S.

Often they hand them out on the airplane - sometimes they don't. Either way, the I-94 will be stapled in your passport before you leave the airport, so there is no way to forget it. It's just a small white slip of paper.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

My husband was given his on the plane. You shouldn't have to worry about anything other than your passport and sealed envelope.

~~~~USCIS~~~~
02-12-11 -- Mailed CR1 Petition (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
02-14-11 -- Petition delivered to the Chicago Lockbox
02-16-11 -- NOA1 Text/E-mail
02-22-11 -- I-797C received in the mail
05-24-11 -- NOA2 E-mail (no text, no RFE)
05-28-11 -- I-797C received in the mail

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-07-11 -- Case entered into system
06-08-11 -- Received e-mails with DS-3032 and AOS
06-09-11 -- E-mailed and snail mailed DS-3032 and paid AOS fee
06-10-11 -- AOS status: PAID
06-14-11 -- Mailed AOS package (USPS First-Class Mail)
06-15-11 -- DS-3032 e-mail accepted by NVC and IV bill generated
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
06-17-11 -- NVC withdrew money for IV bill from my account
06-23-11 -- IV status: PAID
06-24-11 -- Mailed IV package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
06-27-11 -- IV package delivered
07-11-11 -- Final Review
07-12-11 -- CASE COMPLETE
08-03-11 -- E-Mail received about interview date
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

~~~~Removal of Conditions~~~~

08-02-13 -- ROC window opens

08-05-13 -- Mailed I-751 package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)

08-09-13 -- Package delivered (Delayed at Post Office)
08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed
08-24-13 -- Received biometrics letter for September 10
08-26-13 -- Early walk-in for biometrics
09-16-13 -- Received letter stating our case was transferred to CSC on September 12
10-02-13 -- Received text/email update. Case changed from "transferred to Local Office" to "was transferred and now being processed at a USCIS Office"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

so does this mean that you are now out of AP and the visa has been issued??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Thank you guys, i'm still waiting but getting more anxious and want to make sure i know what to do next.

I have just seen a sample of the I-94,

Question # 8 : country where you live

does it mean where i have been living before i come to the states ?

i've been in the uk for the last 2 years , do i write down United Kingdom or my country of citizenship ?

Question # 12 : Address while in the United States ( number and street )

Question # 13 : City and state

so hopefully we are going to get married in Florida and assuming that my POE will be Florida as well and we might stay there after marriage , but on the packet 3 forms before the interview the address was Indiana, we never mentioned Florida on any of the previous forms, ( so i think the address mentioned in the sealed packet is Indiana)

my question is What should i say, Indiana or Florida address , in case i chose Florida, is it going to be a problem since the address will not be identical to the one in the sealed packet? will the immigration office at the airport question that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank you guys, i'm still waiting but getting more anxious and want to make sure i know what to do next.

I have just seen a sample of the I-94,

Question # 8 : country where you live

does it mean where i have been living before i come to the states ?

i've been in the uk for the last 2 years , do i write down United Kingdom or my country of citizenship ?

Question # 12 : Address while in the United States ( number and street )

Question # 13 : City and state

so hopefully we are going to get married in Florida and assuming that my POE will be Florida as well and we might stay there after marriage , but on the packet 3 forms before the interview the address was Indiana, we never mentioned Florida on any of the previous forms, ( so i think the address mentioned in the sealed packet is Indiana)

my question is What should i say, Indiana or Florida address , in case i chose Florida, is it going to be a problem since the address will not be identical to the one in the sealed packet? will the immigration office at the airport question that?

#8 Country where you live. Complete with City, and State/Province

12# Tthe one in which you will be living at; so the one in Indiana.

Edited by Celeste & C

thank you, but do you think it's going to be a problem if i say Florida, and in case i say Indiana does it mean we have to attend our AOS interview in Indiana or not necessairy?

to be clear, can we still have our AOS interview in FLorida even though i put my address as Indiana on the I-94 ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

thank you, but do you think it's going to be a problem if i say Florida, and in case i say Indiana does it mean we have to attend our AOS interview in Indiana or not necessairy?

to be clear, can we still have our AOS interview in FLorida even though i put my address as Indiana on the I-94 ?

Yes. If you have an AOS interview, your local office will be based upon the address used when filling out your I-485 and G-325A.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.