110 posts in this topic

FOR THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT I RESPONDED IN CAPS LOCK TO BE MEAN, THAT IS RIDICULOUS I APRRECIATE EACH AND EVERY ANSWER THAT IS GIVEN TO ME. ALL I CAN SAY THAT THE EASIEST THING WOULD BE TO GIVE UP, BUT I CANT AND I WONT. I FEEL EXTREMELY STUPID FOR MARRYING HIS BROTHER IN THE FIRST PLACE. MY STORY IS NOT CLEAR HERE IS THE TIMELINE.

2001-met my beautiful husband, i was 12 he was 15

2003-we meet again first kiss..our parents meet

2004-i am 15 he is 18 and we are in puppy love stage where we call each other on the phone,and have innocnet kisses when we meet

2005-i spent the summer at his house living with his family

2006- i went to d.r and rebelled against my parents, was so in lobe love with mu hubby didnt come back for 7 months.

october 2006- my husband/then boyfriend and i are going through problems i am extremely hurt by his actions....

nov-2006 we are officially broken up, im so heartbroken and childish his brother and i elope secretly and the next day we regret everything

dec 2006- i came back to new york

may2007- i came back to Dominican republic try to get divorce, but the price is 17,000 pesos i have no job MY HUSBAND AND I ARE STILL NOT OFICIIALLY BACK TOGETHER

june 2008- my husband is a soon to be dad at this moment but single. soon after we realize we love each other and become serious i spend the summer with him

may 2009- i finally get divorced and the person who married/divorced me tells me that none will know because my marriage/ divorce is not in the books my husband does not know nor does his family at this time.. he would never forgive me

OCTOBER 2009-GET FIRST JOB SO I CAN HAVE MONEY FOR A BETTER FUTURE FOR ME AND MY HUSBAND

I SEND MY HUSBAND MONEY ALMOST EVERY WEEK NOT MUCH MAYBE 20 TO THIRTY DOLLARS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T MAKE MUCH AND I TRY TO HELP HIM AND HIS SON OUT I SAVED ALL OF THOSE RECIEPTS

novemeber 2010-we are married again

march 2011-i sent in i 130, lady who filled my papers says not to mention previous marrige since i never petioned for him it wouldnt be nessesary.

and januray 23'rdz- INTERVIEW GOES BAD, EVEN THOUGH WE ANSWERED QUESTIONS CORRECTLY...THE C.O NEVER ASKED ME ANYTHING ABOUT previous MARRIAGE, but given white slip saying we provided false evidence.

I AM FORCED TO TELL MY HUSBAND THE TRUTH AND WE ARE BOTH DEVASTATED...I CANT STOP CRYING ITS MY WORST NIGHTMARE COME TRUE

Edited by melcom1122

the only thing that is unclear is the REASON for the denial. where is the slip? you must find out the denial reason.

if it is material misrepresentation, thats bad bad news. you will need a lawyer and something like $5000 to see if this can be overcome. im not sure you understand the

how serious material misrepresentation is. it cannot be excused by claiming that you were young and stupid.

im sorry if my sympathy for you is not abundant. not only did you knowingly lie to USCIS,whats worse you lied to your husband.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

FOR THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT I RESPONDED IN CAPS LOCK TO BE MEAN, THAT IS RIDICULOUS I APRRECIATE EACH AND EVERY ANSWER THAT IS GIVEN TO ME. ALL I CAN SAY THAT THE EASIEST THING WOULD BE TO GIVE UP, BUT I CANT AND I WONT. I FEEL EXTREMELY STUPID FOR MARRYING HIS BROTHER IN THE FIRST PLACE. MY STORY IS NOT CLEAR HERE IS THE TIMELINE.

2004-i am 15 he is 18 and we are in puppy love stage where we call each other on the phone,and have innocnet kisses when we meet

2006- i went to d.r and rebelled against my parents, was so in lobe love with mu hubby didnt come back for 7 months.

october 2006- my husband/then boyfriend and i are going through problems i am extremely hurt by his actions....

nov-2006 we are officially broken up, im so heartbroken and childish his brother and i elope secretly and the next day we regret everything

may2007- i came back to Dominican republic try to get divorce, but the price is 17,000 pesos i have no job MY HUSBAND AND I ARE STILL NOT OFICIIALLY BACK TOGETHER

june 2008- my husband is a soon to be dad at this moment but single. soon after we realize we love each other and become serious i spend the summer with him

may 2009- i finally get divorced and the person who married/divorced me tells me that none will know because my marriage/ divorce is not in the books my husband does not know nor does his family at this time.. he would never forgive me

OCTOBER 2009-GET FIRST JOB SO I CAN HAVE MONEY FOR A BETTER FUTURE FOR ME AND MY HUSBAND

I SEND MY HUSBAND MONEY ALMOST EVERY WEEK NOT MUCH MAYBE 20 TO THIRTY DOLLARS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T MAKE MUCH AND I TRY TO HELP HIM AND HIS SON OUT I SAVED ALL OF THOSE RECIEPTS

march 2011-i sent in i 130, lady who filled my papers says not to mention previous marrige since i never petioned for him it wouldnt be nessesary.

and januray 23'rdz- INTERVIEW GOES BAD, EVEN THOUGH WE ANSWERED QUESTIONS CORRECTLY...THE C.O NEVER ASKED ME ANYTHING ABOUT previous MARRIAGE, but given white slip saying we provided false evidence.

I AM FORCED TO TELL MY HUSBAND THE TRUTH AND WE ARE BOTH DEVASTATED...I CANT STOP CRYING ITS MY WORST NIGHTMARE COME TRUE

First, there's a protocol with caps lock. It is not about being mean purposely. But it comes across as shouting.

It is clear you have a big issue with this process, starting by not taking it seriously. Western union receipts are not evidence of a bonafide relationship. They can easily prove the opposite: you are in a business transaction. If you show them as secondary evidence you must accompany that with other elements of a marriage: leases, insurance, pictures, taxes, etc. Also, you shouldn't show evidence dating all the way back from when you were 12 years old and he was 15.

Ok, now my gasp... your husband found out about your marriage to his brother the day of the interview?

And the lawyer that married and divorced you is in Dominican Republic and claims is off the books, but hands you a divorce certificate? I hate to say this, but I find this incredibly difficult to believe. It's not impossible, but incredibly hard to believe a professional would marry a 16 or 17 year old without parental consent (I don't know what the laws are in DR, but you're USC), and then lie to you. Then you say in "November 2010- we were married again" Either this is a typo, meaning you officially married and you were referring to him as your husband even though he was just your boyfriend, or you did marry him in the past?

I truly believe the misleading information is not coming from the legal professionals that "helped" you. You're clearly delivering conflictive and misdirected facts, thus the end result.

What made you think you could get away with lying to the federal government, knowing they conduct background checks?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but you need more than the best lawyer and a miracle to overcome this.

Good luck.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

the only thing that is unclear is the REASON for the denial. where is the slip? you must find out the denial reason.

if it is material misrepresentation, thats bad bad news. you will need a lawyer and something like $5000 to see if this can be overcome. im not sure you understand the

how serious material misrepresentation is. it cannot be excused by claiming that you were young and stupid.

im sorry if my sympathy for you is not abundant. not only did you knowingly lie to USCIS,whats worse you lied to your husband.

At this point, I'm not sympathetic either.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Durning a background check, it was discovered by the US government that you had been married, and you had been married for 3 years. They don't know why you didn't get a divorce sooner and they really don't care. but 3 years is a long time to be tied to someone if it was a mistake.

To make matters wost, the 3 years marriage was to his brother, so in the eyes of immigration you'll are trying to commit immigration fraud. Sorry, but when you look at it thru the US government rose color glasses, this is a typical example of immigration fraud.

Now, on to how to over-come this, this will take LOTS of money, and time.

The penalties are clearly written down and you still made a calculated decision to risk your marriage.

In the meantime - since you are still justifying your actions - it is evident that you are not crying because you felt like you did anything wrong. You are crying because you got caught doing it.

Feedback: Your husband is better off without a wife who selfishly risks his future and the future of his son by putting little dirty secrets above the marriage. This could have backfired later.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

I FORESEE MORE CAPS IN THIS THREADS FUTURE.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know you're feeling like your world just fell apart...but I have a question. "Forced" to tell your husband the truth? Shouldn't you want to tell your husband the truth? (Or, did I just misunderstand you?) I know I can't keep anything from Travis - if I so much as slept funny, he knows - it's the same for me with him. Being straightforward from the start about everything is absolutely essential to surviving this process. Just some food for thought. My thoughts/prayers are with you! :(

USCIS (192 days, August 24 2011 to March 2 2012. No RFE's).
NVC (30 days, March 12 to April 11. Case expedited due to NVC errors).

Montreal US Consulate, awaiting interview date (14 days, April 12 to April 26).

05/09/2012 - medical in Toronto - passed!
05/22/2012 - interview - passed!
05/25/2012 - visa in hand!!! biggrin.png
06/09/2012 - POE @ YWG (Winnipeg Int'l Airport)

Removal of Conditions submitted March 24, 2014, received March 26, 2014

"RFE" for page 3 of application received, date March 27, 2014. Package re-submitted with all papers re-attached.

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

05/07/2014 - Biometrics in Charlotte, NC

11/05/2014 - APPROVED! Citizenship in 5 months!

11/10/2014 - NOA2 in hand.

11/20/2014 - 10 yr GC in hand! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I can imagine that current Husband was not too happy to find out that she was married to and shagging his brother.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

The filing fee to overcome a ban due to fraud or misrepresentation is $585. Lawyers fees vary. I paid $5000 to ours while a friend paid $1800. While our case was exponentially more difficult, both had the same outcome...approved.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She slept with his brother, a bit funny.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can imagine that current Husband was not too happy to find out that she was married to and shagging his brother.

You're probably right, heh - I know how I'd feel if my husband ever even flirted with one of my sisters, lol. That's more than a little off limits to me, and my sisters would probably verbally smack him around for it too :)

USCIS (192 days, August 24 2011 to March 2 2012. No RFE's).
NVC (30 days, March 12 to April 11. Case expedited due to NVC errors).

Montreal US Consulate, awaiting interview date (14 days, April 12 to April 26).

05/09/2012 - medical in Toronto - passed!
05/22/2012 - interview - passed!
05/25/2012 - visa in hand!!! biggrin.png
06/09/2012 - POE @ YWG (Winnipeg Int'l Airport)

Removal of Conditions submitted March 24, 2014, received March 26, 2014

"RFE" for page 3 of application received, date March 27, 2014. Package re-submitted with all papers re-attached.

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

05/07/2014 - Biometrics in Charlotte, NC

11/05/2014 - APPROVED! Citizenship in 5 months!

11/10/2014 - NOA2 in hand.

11/20/2014 - 10 yr GC in hand! :D

I think we are all trying to tell you that you have a serious problem, both in your marriage and with the U.S. government. I'm not 100% sure even what the details of the case are, because you are either being intentionally vague even here, or are truly naive about the process. If you lied to both the government AND your current husband, you have some serious issues to clear up.

And I agree with what someone else said...the "person" who married and divorced you story sounds far-fetched. You are a U.S. citizen and you married the brother in DR by some 'guy'. This same 'guy' said he 'divorced' you. Was it a legal divorce? Or just him saying "we can pretend it didn't happen". I don't really understand.

Get an attorney now if you want any chance of clearing this up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

12/9/11 - Sent I-130 packet

12/12/11 - I-130 delivered

12/14/11 - G-1145 notification

12/15/11 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I have to say that it would appear you didn't list your previous marriage on your I-130 petition because you didn't want your husband to find out.

This does explain why you would choose to omit your previous marriage from the I-130 petition. Either way this omission is almost certainly the reason why the visa was denied.

I'm not saying this is why you did it, but on the surface that is what someone who wasn't familiar with your situation would think.

As others have suggested you will need to retain an Immigration Attorney to give you a chance to overcome this denial. Before you do that you need to make sure that your husband can forgive you for hiding your past actions from him.

06/10/11 - Married

USCIS: (224 days)

07/22/11 - Mailed I-130 petitions for wife and step-daughter

07/28/11 - NOA1 for both

02/21/12 - RFE for both (received hardcopy on 2/25)

02/28/12 - Responded to RFE for both(received by CSC on 2/29)

03/02/12 - NOA2 for both(received hardcopy on 3/8)

NVC: (37 days)

03/12/12 - NVC Received both

03/21/12 - NVC case number and IIN received for both & Emailed Choice of Agent for both

03/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid for both

03/26/12 - AOS bill shows paid & AOS Packets mailed for both

03/27/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for wife (sent another for step-daughter via email and express mail)

03/28/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for step-daughter & IV bill invoiced & paid for wife

03/29/12 - IV bill shows paid for wife & IV bill invoiced & paid for step-daughter

03/30/12 - IV bill shows paid for step-daughter & IV Packets mailed for both

04/04/12 - IV Packets reviewed. Checklist issued for Divorce Decree for my wife. Step-daughter's was accepted and her case closed

04/10/12 - Divorce Decree accepted after supervisor review & wife's case closed

04/16/12 - Expedite requested for both cases due to NVC error

04/18/12 - Expedite request approved for both cases and sent to Santiago Embassy

Embassy: (15 days)

04/24/12 - Embassy received both cases from NVC

04/25/12 - Wife went to Embassy for document review. Interview date assigned for both cases.

04/26/12 - Medical Exam for both. Result - approved.

05/07/12 - Interview date for both. Result - approved!

05/09/12 - Received both Visas

05/16/12 - POE Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.