matte5299

She is HERE and i need help!

73 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

As long as she's in the US legally all she needs to do is get married and file to Adjust her status...

Didnt I say that? Look you dont have to repeat everything I say! I dont need a echo.

Edited by AMP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Didnt I say that? Look you dont have to repeat everything I say! I dont need a echo.

You also suggested a hardship waiver. Not knowing where in Mexico the fiancee lives it's jumping the gun with any kind of hardship when all OP said was the fiancee wished to stay.

You might not need and echo but sometimes it's better to actually have several people respond to a question and be sure of the right path. I know if I was the OP I wouldn't mind getting several helpful answers regardless of things being repeated.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

:lol:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

No you didn't say anything about Adjusting her Status...

You made a ridiculous comment about a Hardship or Refugee Visa. Why did I say it was ridiculous:

First, since she's already in the US she doesn't need to apply for a Visa. You see a Visa is permission to ENTER the US and she's already here.

Second, once she's married a US Citizen she has a path to LPR through Adjustment of Status (from visitor to Legal Permanent Resident) so why would she need any other path?

Had you said something about AOS (which I'll point out I already mentioned prior to your statement) then I wouldn't have repeated MYSELF.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post advocating visa fraud has been removed. It is a violation of TOS to:

Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

im sorry but it made me laugh :)

It made me laugh too. And really, to be honest, it IS a pretty silly question.

Similar to.... "I have a job interview, do I have to go, or can I just send someone to take my place." :lol:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Didn't I say that? Look, you don't have to repeat everything I say! I dont need an echo.

(A new and improved, grammar correcting echo!) ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Similar to.... "I have a job interview, do I have to go, or can I just send someone to take my place." :lol:

It is a dumb question but I think he really wants advise on his options. I just think he didn't word it properly, but that doesn't mean we ought to be sarcastic about it.

AOS APPROVED MAY 19, 2012

GREENCARD RECEIVED MAY 31, 2012

TIMELINE UPDATED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance is here with me and she wants to stay until we get married, but i know that she has to go back to mexico to go to the interview. I there any way that she can have someone go to it for her or does she have to be there or what?

I'm sure he meant it serious.. but well..... I have to admit.. I laughed at this question and spit hot chocolate liberally laced with peppermint schnapps all over my keyboard :rofl:

Edited by mseifman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Didn't I say that? Look, you don't have to repeat everything I say! I dont need an echo.

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Oh dear, rather harsh there, especially as a real grammar pedant would not pick up someone else after such an error.

Similar to.... "I have a job interview, do I have to go, or can I just send someone to take my place"?

No period is required.

Question mark is required after quotation mark.

Just sayin' like :lol:

Edit - Even the use of quotation marks at all could be argued :thumbs:

Edited by Stu4Lee

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.