F & J

I-751 January 2012 Filers

1,523 posts in this topic

Thanks for taking a big shot @ the Bull's eye !

I will be applying for citizenship on January 2 2013, but I am worried because my lease expires on jan 23, should I move then apply or apply and then change my address, I am movIng locally. Will this be an issue? I remember reading something about living in the place for at least 3 months so I am a bit confused :/

I will be applying for citizenship on January 2 2013, but I am worried because my lease expires on jan 23, should I move then apply or apply and then change my address, I am movIng locally. Will this be an issue? I remember reading something about living in the place for at least 3 months so I am a bit confused :/

From what I've known, it's fine if you wanna move first and apply next or otherwise, as long as you have lived in the same state for at least three months where you are applying from.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Calypso and Menina~

The window to file for my husband's naturalization opens on January 26th, 2013, so I think we will try to have everything ready by that date. Our goal is to send in the packet by the end of January. Like Menina said, I look forward to going through that process with all the supportive people I have met on this forum, and I know if I have any questions, I can come here for advice. :yes:

Hi Calypso-

I think we will file in the first part of January 2013. I am getting excited for that step so that we can be done with this process for good! I'm also looking forward to sharing this journey with VJ friends that have been with us from the very beginning and those we have met along the way. This site is great! Crossing my fingers for all of the other January filers to be approved very soon! :thumbs:

happy.gif That's good to know. My husband and I are excited to get the last immigration process done, too. I hope to see most of you early next year in a different thread.

We don't need to make things hard on each other, the fact that I and Alex just signed up doesn't imply we're new to this forum or the USCIS journey. I wasn't trying to prove any point by any standards. We should exhibit a lil' courtesy, especially to strangers. I don't think I've said anything wrong that warrants any war of words or guards up. The thing is, the statement gave me "Hope". Simple! Too bad, you (Calypso) got extremely defensive unnecessarily. The forum is not to make chit-chats abt our personal lives or correcting wrong grammar or vocabulary etc.... The goal is to share our individual USCIS journey experience and to give assistance to one another.

I wish the remaining January filers best of luck !

If I were being defensive, then what do you call yourself for having to justify your signing up only today after lurking for a long time as you have clearly stated? Let's put each other on mutual ignore since I don't really like having to write back to anyone going amiss like you and AlexGreen. To officially ignore me, follow the steps below:

1. Go to "settings."

2. Click the "profile" tab, then find "manage ignored users."

3. Add my name and end with "save changes."

Even if you and AlexGreen bother replying, I wouldn't be able to read it (unless you both decide to post using your real account and not the fake ones) because you will be the first two users ever that I'm blocking/ignoring on this site. Thanks for the exercise and for trying to tell me about forum etiquette. You and your pal AlexGreen need it more than I do apparently. rolleyes.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I didn't mean it that way. Of course over the months, there have been couple of "out-of-topic" discussions that relate to the forum's topics. But recently, it seem discussions have gone way off-topic and we shouldn't forget the main purpose of the forum. Thx !

So, what way did you mean it because now I am confused. You said "it seem discussions have gone way off-topic and we shouldn't forget the main purpose of the forum." If I am editing your results and I want to join in a conversation that the Moderator has said is permissible how am I forgetting the main purpose of the forum? Please clarify.

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

I'm glad to know that I can move and then change my address I am staying locally same state. Just to clarify, we only need to file one form (N-400) correct? I'm already filling it out so just makIng sure, also what should I do if I don't know the dates for my husband naturalization. He became a citizen trough his parents 17 years ago therefore he was never issued a naturalization certificate. Maybe I can call uscis? :/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I totally understand that, if you are new on forums, they have rules when you create an account. The moderator has a full right to erase everything just because it is out of topic. Im so glad you are done with ROC, you can write a message to your forum friend and say like "hey why we just cant change a numbers and meet in real life", it would be nice. Imagine me, i go here on page 72 and i see only about mountains, beaches, San Diego, California, deserts, ocean, breeze, what is the forum topic "Weather and nice places in California?"

Im gonna bring my friend here, and we will discuss on the next 20 pages how Russia won hockey championship this march, im sure you will be glad to see it

Feel free to put me on your 'ignore user' list; that way you won't have to read my "off topic" comments. Calypso gave you the instructions on how to place us on the 'ignore user' list.

Once again, I wish you the best on your ROC process.

pkyxguryrufud.png

Filed: Timeline

happy.gif That's good to know. My husband and I are excited to get the last immigration process done, too. I hope to see most of you early next year in a different thread.

If I were being defensive, then what do you call yourself for having to justify your signing up only today after lurking for a long time as you have clearly stated? Let's put each other on mutual ignore since I don't really like having to write back to anyone going amiss like you and AlexGreen. To officially ignore me, follow the steps below:

1. Go to "settings."

2. Click the "profile" tab, then find "manage ignored users."

3. Add my name and end with "save changes."

Even if you and AlexGreen bother replying, I wouldn't be able to read it (unless you both decide to post using your real account and not the fake ones) because you will be the first two users ever that I'm blocking/ignoring on this site. Thanks for the exercise and for trying to tell me about forum etiquette. You and your pal AlexGreen need it more than I do apparently. rolleyes.gif

"Forum etiquette?" Sorry, there's nothing like that.... Charity begins @ home. If you lack etiquette, you lack etiquette, simple !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** One post removed for personal attack. Remain civil or do not post. ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning all and T.G.I.F!!!

So we called the USCIS and they informed us that we are still within the normal processing time since California is just now processing Jan 15 (they received ours on the 20th of Jan).

I told them that it's been 6 months and they said that they it's by THEIR working days, not by the actual months. So, basically, we are still within the normal processing time. I asked if we had a RFE and they said no, everything looked good we just have to wait. Ugh! They told us to call back in 10 days if we haven't heard anything by then.

I wanted to yell at the guy, saying 'but you guys are working on FEBRUARY already, so we are for sure out of the processing time!!!!' I didn't, of course, but man I am perturbed.

So.....do we wait the 10 days to call again or call the senator? Any input is appreciated. Thank!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

So.....do we wait the 10 days to call again or call the senator? Any input is appreciated. Thank!

Sorry about your waiting... But I saw July 2011 CSC filer's approval yesterday, all the Jan VSC filers are still waiting...

In my opinion, considering senator is way early at this point...

Thank God we are back on topic.

I hope the rest of the CSC applicants receive a speedy approval. I also hope VSC officers buy some coffee and get to work.

Glad to be back on topic. TGIF

I'm glad to know that I can move and then change my address I am staying locally same state. Just to clarify, we only need to file one form (N-400) correct? I'm already filling it out so just makIng sure, also what should I do if I don't know the dates for my husband naturalization. He became a citizen trough his parents 17 years ago therefore he was never issued a naturalization certificate. Maybe I can call uscis? :/

I don't really know how else you can get the date of your husband's naturalization. I've heard that some people who need an actual copy of their naturalization document will need to submit an official request to USCIS by filling out Form N-565 with a filing fee of $345. http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Maybe you can start a new standalone topic in the main ROC forum, as in outside this thread, and see if other VJ members have some ideas. It's good though that you started filling out N-400 this early and you have a few months to find whatever is missing before you send your application over.

I think we only need to file one form, the N-400. The VJ N-400 guide says that we may also attach G-1145 (optional) so we'll likely get an email or a text message from USCIS once they receive our application.

Here's the document checklist for N-400 http://www.uscis.gov...attachments.pdf

Good morning all and T.G.I.F!!!

So we called the USCIS and they informed us that we are still within the normal processing time since California is just now processing Jan 15 (they received ours on the 20th of Jan).

I told them that it's been 6 months and they said that they it's by THEIR working days, not by the actual months. So, basically, we are still within the normal processing time. I asked if we had a RFE and they said no, everything looked good we just have to wait. Ugh! They told us to call back in 10 days if we haven't heard anything by then.

I wanted to yell at the guy, saying 'but you guys are working on FEBRUARY already, so we are for sure out of the processing time!!!!' I didn't, of course, but man I am perturbed.

It's still a mystery how USCIS really works. Nobody in this thread has posted any update in the past few days. We don't know if other January CSC filers got approved already and just didn't post here or what. Anyway, I think Menina might have better advice. She and her husband had an infopass appointment when they heard nothing from USCIS 60 days after their interview. Theirs was a different case but who knows if you could do the same. luv.gif

VSC still hasn't started processing November 2011 applications as it seems.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, if you call USCIS again, they will probably give you a different processing date than the one they gave you already. It seems to depend on which agent answers the phone. That being said, I would probably wait the 10 days (is that what they told you?) and then call again. If you haven't received an answer at that point, you could schedule an Infopass. Sometimes they can be really helpful. Just my opinion, but like Yurika and Jim said, there are still people from way before January waiting for approvals, so even though the 6 month "goal" has passed, I would wait just a little longer for contacting the Congressman. Good luck to you!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Wow I haven't been on here in months. Quick update: we too are still waiting on any news/update from USCIS. Honestly I kind of forgot about the whole green card thing and it hit me today that I still haven't got mine. I think I will call them on Monday and see if they an tell me anything. The way this is going I will be applying for citizenship before I get GC!

12/21/2009 Package mailed

12/23/2009 Package received

01/04/2010 All 3 NOA received dated 12/30

01/14/2010 Applied for expedite, I-130 and I-765 touched

01/30/2010 Received Biometrics appointment scheduled for 02/23/2010

02/02/2010 Walked in and did biometrics

02/03/2010 Touched I-765 and I-485

02/19/2010 EAD Card production ordered

02/26/2010 Received interview appointment letter for 03/29

02/27/2010 EAD arrived in mail (Day 51)

03/03/2010 Filed for change in address

03/08/2010 Received change in address confirmation

03/29/2010 INTERVIEW AT 9:30AM - APPROVED (Day 81)

03/31/2010 Card production ordered. YEY!

04/24/2010 Card received after all the trouble!

01/03/2012 Filed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence

01/11/2012 Received Notice of Action Dated 01/06/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.