sakaochao

How can I get Emergency Advance Parole?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just sent my AOS forms out last week November 21, before I knew that my dad was admitted to a hospital in my home country having last stage of liver cancer. I don't know how long he will be able to stay but I need to travel ASAP.

I have not received anything back from USCIS yet. I have scheduled INFOPASS for December 1, the soonest I could find.

What should I do and how does this work? Is it possible to get the AP the same day?

What kind of documents should I bring?

Can I just walk in Biometrics without an appointment? Or can the local office issue me the appointment?

I want to see my dad again and say goodbye.

I live in Baltimore MD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

You will need at least NOA for your infopass appointment so I hope you get it in the following week. I don't think your local office can do much before your case is in the system. Bring proof of your father's illness (as much as you can).

You can't do biomtrics without an appointment letter, but I don't think that biometrics are necessary for AP (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

I just sent my AOS forms out last week November 21, before I knew that my dad was admitted to a hospital in my home country having last stage of liver cancer. I don't know how long he will be able to stay but I need to travel ASAP.

I have not received anything back from USCIS yet. I have scheduled INFOPASS for December 1, the soonest I could find.

What should I do and how does this work? Is it possible to get the AP the same day?

Can I just walk in Biometrics without an appointment? Or can the local office issue me the appointment?

I live in Baltimore MD

bring whatever you have and if you can, have somebody send you a proof of your father's medical state. that should get you your AP fast

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I live in Baltimore MD

You will need your NOA with case number to ghet an emergency AP. When you get the NOA with the case number, go to the local office and ask for the emergency AP.

IF you used a persoanl check and IF that personal check has been cashed you can view the back side of the check on your bank's website and get the case number off the check. That MAY be enough to get the emergency AP

Most offices will allow you to do a walk in biometrics but again they need the NOA notice for this.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You will need at least NOA for your infopass appointment so I hope you get it in the following week. I don't think your local office can do much before your case is in the system. Bring proof of your father's illness (as much as you can).

You can't do biomtrics without an appointment letter, but I don't think that biometrics are necessary for AP (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Biometrics ARE necessary but you CAN do them without an appointment at MOST local offices. We have done so at every step of the way on our case.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Biometrics ARE necessary but you CAN do them without an appointment at MOST local offices. We have done so at every step of the way on our case.

A lot of offices allow walk-ins on a different date once an appointment letter has been received. I have seen very few cases where they allow walk-ins before an appointment letter has even been sent. OP can try but should be prepared it may not work. On the other hand, biometrics isn't required for AP itself.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

They are necessary for AOS and EAD but not for AP. Instructions for I-131 state that biometrics are needed for Refugee Travel Document and Re-entry Permit and that no biometrics fee is required for advance parole applicants (because there is no biometrics for AP application).

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So you rocked up before you even had a biometrics notice? Or are you saying you did a walk-in once you received the notice. Two very different things.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

things have changed a bit, as

there's a card issued for EAD and AP now, some joint thing.

EAD requires biometrics, but AP, as you mention, does not.

to the OP - be wary at the infopass appointment, they may try to tag you with a dual card, requiring biometrics -

remind them that you only need the AP DOCUMENT, not the DUAL CARD.

IOs are braindead, at times, so if any issue, ask for the shift supervisor, explain what's going on to that person,

and ask directly for 'Emergency AP' .

If you need some backgrounder info, that's current - hey !

CALL UP the USCIS hotline, get an ISO, a Tier 2 HUMAN

and ask about Emergency AP procedures. They know them, but getting to an ISO ain't so easy.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

They are necessary for AOS and EAD but not for AP. Instructions for I-131 state that biometrics are needed for Refugee Travel Document and Re-entry Permit and that no biometrics fee is required for advance parole applicants (because there is no biometrics for AP application).

Agreed. The OP should try and get the biometrics done for AOS/EAD before they leave though. Just to save time.

Timeline

Thank you everyone.

I sent the documents out on Monday11/21 and I got a call later that day about my father being very ill.

They have not cashed my checks yet.

Today my father just passed away and I only want to go say goodbye if I could.

My application got caught up because of the holidays. I'm just going to try to walk-in to the office on Monday 11/28.

I have to leave by 12/1 for the last day of the funeral.

So I don't need the biometrics for my AP, that would be better cause I don't have much time. Now I only need the case no. right?

Do I have to pay more fees besides 1070 and 420? If I get the AP at the local office?

Timeline

Thank you everyone.

I sent the documents out on Monday11/21 and I got a call later that day about my father being very ill.

They have not cashed my checks yet.

Today my father just passed away and I only want to go say goodbye if I could.

My application got caught up because of the holidays. I'm just going to try to walk-in to the office on Monday 11/28.

I have to leave by 12/1 for the last day of the funeral.

So I don't need the biometrics for my AP, that would be better cause I don't have much time. Now I only need the case no. right?

Do I have to pay more fees besides 1070 and 420? If I get the AP at the local office?

My condolences for the loss of your father. May he be in peace.

You do not need to pay an additional fee for AP.

Baltimore's office is often entirely empty as we have successfully done two Biometrics walk-ins without any trouble.

Timeline

I went to local USCIS office today, and the officers told me that they cannot do anything until my name is in the system.

They told me call 1800 number to find out if they can put me in the system as fast as possible and come back to Baltimore office on Thursday 12/1.

If I have my name in the system by then, they can give me the advance parole right there.

They gave me 2 forms to fill out today and take it back on Thursday.

I don't need biometrics but I need my birth certificate and my father's death certificate to apply.

Thank you everyone. I will keep my case updated, in case someone who is in the same situation like mine will have hope.

I went to local USCIS office today, and the officers told me that they cannot do anything until my name is in the system.

They told me call 1800 number to find out if they can put me in the system as fast as possible and come back to Baltimore office on Thursday 12/1.

If I have my name in the system by then, they can give me the advance parole right there.

They gave me 2 forms to fill out today and take it back on Thursday.

I don't need biometrics but I need my birth certificate and my father's death certificate to apply.

Thank you everyone. I will keep my case updated, in case someone who is in the same situation like mine will have hope.

Good luck. If, when you call, the person you speak to cannot help you please ask for a tier 2 person or supervisor. The first person you talk to will not be an IO and may not be able to do much.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Timeline

I just checked the bank account and they already cashed the checks, so I am walking in to Baltimore office again today, instead of waiting till Tomorrow(12/1/11).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.