EminTX

K1 Fiance Visa? DO THIS

45 posts in this topic

,Most Americans that visit there fiancee abroad soley do so becus they knew or might have tried getting a visiting visa for the person in question

Now, I will openly call you a liar. You are, in fact, making this up. It says a lot about the validity of your intentions with your visa application.

I visited my fiancé the first time because we were friends. It was then that we decided to marry. I visited him last month because I love him and I had the means to visit. I am pretty sure that the majority of folks here can state the same.

Not sure why you're being so defensive but I would say that it is true that most of the beneficieries on this site from non VWP countries have a denied visit visa in their past and that their SO's subsequently went to visit them in their country.

I also wanted to say that I think it is something about the way you worded your original post that has made it seem you were going to retroactively write letters between you and your fiance. It also seemed like you were looking for advice on gathering evidence for your RFE and people were just trying to help. It's the impression I got after reading it.

Anyway very happy for you and this new journey in your life. Best of luck with everything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well like i said,You are very right maybe you never believe you could do it yourself ,maybe somehow you dont like paper works,Maybe you are too busy with work,or maybe the instruction is complicated.......Trust me ,First time user get discourage when they look at the USICS instructions online but the more you read it over and over again with VJ site,You understands it better and see it is easy and well explained.........But all the same,what you is one of the reason for sure but Trust me,what ever is said up there is based on statistics i get online and little experience i get from the people i personally knew that came to US thru family related visas

:wow: Even after I've stated my reasons as to why we ascertained an attorney, you still want to ASSume that "perhaps I don't like paperwork or I'm too busy". AGAIN, pretty presumptive of you and quite judgmental. I don't know you, about you or your immigration reasons other than the rant you've posted here, but I am NEVER too busy to complete anything that gets me and my fiance together and to have a life together here in the U.S. -- or any other place in the world if it's not in the cards for us to be here.

And to the OP - my apologies for entertaining the hijacked thread. I was just a little incensed about this poster's comments and I couldn't refrain. Best of luck to you and your fiance and I'm so sorry to hear about your RFE. So far, we've been lucky not to have gotten one - but still have a long way to go as the Mumbai consulate seems to want to take it's merry old time getting paperwork to my fiance and supposedly the "quickest" part of this K1 process is not posing to be very quick for us. It seems some of the other VJers here have some good suggestions which I hope are helpful to you. And I appreciate the "heads up" you've posted as we all could use help at one point or another in this very frustrating process! After all, isn't that why we are all here? I find this forum extremely helpful. Again, my apologies and I feel your frustration and I hope everything from here on until the end of your journey goes much more smoothly!

Take care!

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Um...no one said didley squat about fabricating evidence. My suggestion is for other people who are filing. Especially people who rely mostly on emails and/or Skype for communication may not have any letters or letters that are not good enough to send. The request states to send in letters. You can't submit them if they don't exist. If you are filing, you can do that during your wait time.

Also, I don't get your reference to multitudes of photos. Where did that come from? Certainly not a response to anything I have said!

Your idea that I am planning to be a liar is very insulting.

I wish I would have known to do this before now--in the last 7 months, we could have gotten these things done and I would not be scrambling now.

G&T, thank you so much for your offer. I will see if my fiance can get the affidavits from the people there and then hand them off to you. I'll promise you to a dinner out, if you want, in exchange for helping me out.

:)

As a side note, the RFE is from Vermont, not Texas. I am not sure why.

Dinner not required, very happy to help. I know first hand how excruciating the delays are in this process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

the way you worded your original post that has made it seem you were going to retroactively write letters between you and your fiance....

I never stated that I intend to write any future letters anywhere in that post. I can't see how you would assume that. I simply stated what I received in the RFE and what I suggest for others based on that. I then stated that I don't have any letters that can provide what they want. I also quoted the RFE about supplying affidavits and stated that I am going to try to provide them. Are you assuming that an affidavit is a love letter?

Dinner not required, very happy to help. I know first hand how excruciating the delays are in this process.

It would still be lovely to celebrate our visa milestones here in this great city. If y'all are interested, pm me. :)

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry if i misunderstood you ealier i thought the post was just suggesting and helping....Buat at any rate am sorry if i casue any harm from my post....Just let it go okay.....Best wishes..

I never stated that I intend to write any future letters anywhere in that post. I can't see how you would assume that. I simply stated what I received in the RFE and what I suggest for others based on that. I then stated that I don't have any letters that can provide what they want. I also quoted the RFE about supplying affidavits and stated that I am going to try to provide them. Are you assuming that an affidavit is a love letter?

No, I'm not assuming the affidavits are love letters. I was just saying that for some reason on first reading (maybe I skimmed too much) I came away with the impression I first stated and I assume others had the same problem and that's why you were getting so much advice when you didn't want it and why people kept telling you not to recreate letters. In all honesty, I think most people on here were trying to help and you seemed to be getting really worked up about it.

Just trying to bridge the gap and keep the peace.

Timeline

think most people on here were trying to help and you seemed to be getting really worked up about it.

Just trying to bridge the gap and keep the peace.

This site is such an excellent resource, but there are way too many fluff posts with no actual usefulness in them. Example, I have been wading through the RFE-stickied-thread in this board and it is difficult to actually get any real information because of:

1.) All the "Yeah!" "Me too!" smilies, "I hope I am okay" "Oops!" and other non-contributing comments

2.) People who quote (repost) an entire post without editing. (I can see where that is a bit confusing on this board with the option to reply without doing this below everything else) Folks, you can simply delete what you don't need when posting.

3.) Hijackings

4.) "What should I do because I am too lazy to bother reading for myself before asking a question?" type space-fillers

6.) "I am going to give advice even though I have no experience and I don't have a visa and my advice is contradictory to what is requested by the Department of Immigration"

To be stickied, it really needs to be cleaned up. I have been reading a few pages on this site every day since I discovered it, but those time-suckers really make it like a needle in a haystack most of the time to find any real information or experiences.

My intention was for this to be short and sweet and to give a bit of possible advice. I just really wish I had known about the request for letters with references to specific places and dates 7 months ago. Then we would have legitimately had them. I also wish I had known about the affidavits. I would have had those also. If I would have had them, I would have sent in the stuff for the RFE yesterday. Because I didn't know about them, we will now be delayed maybe a month more while we gather them together. (I know, I know--several more people will suggest that we just ignore that. YOU can ignore whatever you want, we will follow the directions the best way we can and submit as-complete of evidence as possible.)

I get worked up with people who waste my time (or expect me to do all the work/find all the answers for them, or give me outright stupid advice).

Now, I think I have an online Scrabble game to win. Good luck, everybody.

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
You don't want or need to include letters or any other type of correspondence unless you're frontloading evidence for the consulate interview.
Si, man... and, if even one such has "esposa" or "esposo" in it and the consulate sees it, you're toast, and perhaps rightfully so. There's nothing that more obviously calls into question your Letters of Intent that affirm that you're qualified to get married.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

WOW - that's what is all about - VJ'ers helping others. That is awesome! :thumbs:

You are absolutely correct!

I met with Tito yesterday and he handed off the documents to me personally. He took the time to answer questions about his experiences and to give advice that he has gleaned through his immigration adventures. This means that Tito is officially my hero for November.

Tito--you ROCK!!!

I have copied them and edited my cover letter to include that and paper-clipped a photo of the both of us with one of the writers to one of the affidavits for good measure.

I wrote RFE on the back of the envelope as suggested by another member in a thread here to make it a tiny bit easier for someone sorting this out along with the case number.

Hopefully, this will make the anonymous face that deals with this satisfied and we can move forward with no more stressors than usual.

Good luck to everybody who is in the same boat and congrats to those of you who have "safely landed ashore".

:)

Timeline

Oh yeah, I wanted to add--Yesterday my printer/copier died outright. I went to get a new one. I got an HP Photosmart 5510. Total setup took me maybe 15 minutes. It uses individual ink cartridges that are around 11$ each at Fry's, and best of all it is wireless so no digging for cables when I wanna print. It was 70$ including taxes.

(I tried to edit that to add this paragraph but I couldn't.)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Oh yeah, I wanted to add--Yesterday my printer/copier died outright. I went to get a new one. I got an HP Photosmart 5510. Total setup took me maybe 15 minutes. It uses individual ink cartridges that are around 11$ each at Fry's, and best of all it is wireless so no digging for cables when I wanna print. It was 70$ including taxes.

(I tried to edit that to add this paragraph but I couldn't.)

Awesome - as I'm in the market for a new printer so I will definitely look into this one. I current have an HP Photosmart 7660 and I love it, but something broke on it and it's acting up. Thanks for the info!

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed along with one quoting for namecalling.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

They state they received our submissions on December 5th, touched it on Dec 6th, and then let it marinade until today when I got this:

<<<"

On January 10, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

">>>

Thanks for the encouragement from those who offered it and good luck to others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations, si man! :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi there....maybe I can be of some assistance....I am going to Lima this coming Sunday and back on the 28th...And as luck has it, I am in Houston. I can probably help with transporting documentation back and forth faster.....

What a great gesture. A buddy of mine took letters to HK and Beijing and mailed them for me.

Congratulations on our approval also.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.