EminTX

K1 Fiance Visa? DO THIS

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My only advice is when dealing with family related visa or any kind of visa,Just turn in the evidence you have,dont ever fabricate issues or make up letters or anything just to add up to your evidence to your relationship,Most cases takes long to approve becouse there is alot of papers works and evidence that was submitted during initial filling and this pose for questioning and claifications from USCIS....Just submit what you have and trust me,if your relationship is strong enough with just one visit,You will get approved without stress nor worries...

Though some cases get faster approval ,why is it so...First reason is that when the Petitioner and Beneficiary have both never been married and also no gap in the age differencece and no FBI name hit,Sure,such case will be approved with first to three months of filling regardless of which ever the country the intending immigrant is from....its open and a decided case.....Mine was a good example of that,Reason why i said so was that i am a Nigerian and i was approved within 30 days of my fiancee submiting my K-1 visa application to USCIS and my embassy interview lasted just with 2 to 5 mins interval in Lagos Consulate between me and the CO and so as so many other Nigerians in this site and so many others that i know that is not registered on the site and Still they said that Nigerian has the most fraudlunt visa cases.... i dont believe that and so as Uscis....every relationship out there is given equal opportunity and what is left is just for the both parties to prove it,They will be approved....United States is make up of people round the world and so as it is till today...

Reason why i brought up my own case and the fact of where i am from was just to let love ones struggling to be in the arms of there family,,Me and my fiance which is today my wife got this approval with just submitting the evidence we had,With just believe that we believe in us,in our relationship and it work for us..............Why not you.......Then( Just a simple question) in our case ,we dont even have postel letters like every other people out there, but we somehow have few cards becus we send cards back and fort during periods like Valentine,Christmas or birthdays and what so ever which was done thru postel means becus using internet made everything easier for us,why then posting and waiting whereas we could just send that thru internet and the other person in the other ends gets it.................and On earth,when we started our relationship,who even knows that one day we will need this postel letters or email print out whatever,so trust me,we didnt have up to 5 cards in our application when we were filling becus thats all we could get reach of at that point in time.....but we did submit alot of of chat records and emails as much as we can get with dates on it as it was printed from yahoo messenger archives,phone records printed with my fiancee name and the company she uses and the bills as she pays listed every month on the print out page,and of course pictures as much as we can get,was not even dated at all,she visted me twice and in both visit,she only spend like 5 night on each of the visit ,making it 10days maximum we spend together perior to filling our k-1 application,and that was just it.....Thats what we submitted becouse thats what we have and we believe in ourself that we had a good relationship and that we will be approved with in 5 months of approved time but we end up been approved i think was 28 days from my Noa1.We thank God for it knowing somehow we were blessed becouse we knew already what people out there have been going thruough just to get approved......But is all about honesty and just following instrusctions as stipulated.....You can only get delayed if there is FBI name or somewhat or that fiance or fiancee has prevoiously been married or crinimal background in the past....Thats the only things that delayed cases but mind you,flooding applications with alot of evidence and records and things that was not requested only pose suspecisions in the eyes of USCIS,most times we feel it helps but trust me,it only bring questioning in the mind of people that deal on our cases...

And for people that use immigration lawyers,,,I can only say is good when you are too busy with life and cant deal with filling and checking your application yourself becus with what i believe and know,People that basically use lawyers are people that have worries on things maybe that have misuse the immigration benefit somewhat in there life been you the petitioner(US citizen) or the beneficiary (why) Any beneficiary that has been previouly tried to enter the US thruogh other means been marriage or which ever way and USCIS have your name in the system,trust me you need a lawyer to overcome your situation.....or petitioner that maybe have previously been married and have kids now (legaly diverced) needs a strong evidence of proving that this other marriage that he or she is about to enter would solely be for love and hopefully wont end up like there first marriage( thats on the embassy level though) and also that he or she could be able to support the person both financially regardless whatsoever here in the US or maybe petitiners that have violent history and or any related crime that they believe will affact there immigraion benefit are people that truly need a lawyer but if your case is exemptional and clean or such didnt apply to you....Then what is the need of using a lawyer

Why do i say this...

Most times with my understanding i believe USCIS examine and srutinze case that were filed up by an immigration officer to know why the petitioner choose to use a lawyer without filling by him or herself....what could be the possible reason.....Is it that he is very busy with life like work maybe you are in military or anything related to that and has no time for it ....the biographical form will show that and trust me......it will be properly examine and scrutize,they are trained professional to ascertain the best result in such cases....so my advice for people that truly believe they are in here on the site as a VJ family and work for the interest of love and nothing else....This are my findings and i believe if truly you and your fiancee or fiance truly have a good intent of been together as a family,no matter how long it takes,no matter how much you both fails on this journey of life, be it immigration or life happens or whatever,Just believe Its gonna be alright and it will happen at the right time becouse failure is not our options but somehow it is the test of our love for each other and it works for peoiple that truly believe on the word Love.......i am a good testimony of that becouse me and my fiancee been my wife today didnt only fought immigration to be together,we also had family related issues we both deal with and we kept strong and made it clear that unless God dosent us to be together,Then it wont but if truly we were meant to be,Nothing,i mean nothing was gonna stop us from fighting and nothing ever did.......Today,Both my family and her family are all happy and wish they could have done more to be and supported us when we needed them most.........Is all well,

Now in US,sometimes am home sick,wish i would visit Nigeria soon but that have to wait till our first child which we are expecting by July 2012....and there is no joy then been where truly your heart belongs,which is where i am today,In the arms of my baby.......Bset of luck .....

Timeline

i would have love to edit some of my wordings but is not giving me the option but i hope people understand me better and get picture of what am trying to get accross to the memebers.....God bless....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi :)

I am from Peru too and I think we have the same date in our NOA1... I will tell you what we sent so that you can have a reference and maybe it can be helpful.

*Photocopy of the passport w the stamps (this one is the most important, there is the date when you have arrived and then left Peru every time you have)

*My fiance gets an apt for the time he is here so we included a copy of one of the contracts.

*Pics with dates on it.

*This is one that may help, since we were planning to do this and we knew we had to show we were together within the 2 last years for example if we went to a restaurant i asked my bill separated from his, so i paid mine w my card n he the same, so that we both had receipts of our cards with the place and the hour, maybe you have done the same thing and keep your vouchers, it could be very useful.

*Mails where we were planning the trip, he sending me the itinerary, etc.

Thats all I can remember we sent, I hope this is useful.

Good luck for you both!! :)

TdATm5.png

*07-12-2011 --- Package sent :)

*07-13-2011 --- NOA1 , Vermont!

*07-20-2011 --- Touched.

*10-14-2011 --- NOA2!!! Yeeeeeeee!!!!

*10-19-2011 --- Hardcopy of NOA2 :)!!

*10-24-2011 --- NVC Received (no case number assigned yet)

*10-26-2011 --- NVC case number assigned :)

*10-28-2011 --- NVC sent to the embassy :)

*10-31-2011 --- Embassy receives package!!! :)

*12-05-2011 --- Medical! _____DONE AND PASSED!!! :)

*12-19-2011 --- Interview!!! :)!! APPROVED!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

*12-29-2011 --- Visa in hand! :D

*12-30-2011 --- POE Newark!! Finally with mi amor!

*02-24-2012 --- We got married! :) [/color][/font][/font]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

What did you initially send as evidence of meeting in person?

I sent a photocopy of the entry stamp in my passport, ticket stubs and like 3 or 4 photos of us together (didn't write on the back). I think I sent my flight itinerary as well. No problem.

On my first visit to my fiance I was advised to take pictures of the two of us holding current copies of local newpapers with the date clearly visible. We did that and submitted them with our evidence to prove we were together on those dates.

Kev

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Timeline

...But is all about honesty and just following instrusctions as stipulated...People that basically use lawyers are people that have worries on things maybe that have misuse the immigration benefit ...

Actually, if you got your interview done and completed in 30 days on a typical K1 visa, then you should buy a lottery ticket.

We DO intend to be honest. What is with the people insinuating that we are not?

<<<"

Forget the letters and affidavits

">>>

This document requests them and, if we can obtain them, we will. If this proves to be impossible, then we will send without it. It doesn't make sense to me that you, a stranger on a message board, are advising me to ignore what is requested in the RFE from the Department of Immigration.

The RFE will be responded to with everything they have asked for except the letters, which simply don't exist with information they require.

<<<"

I am really wondering why the RFE. It seems that you had enough evidence to begin with.

">>>

I am curious how you know what was sent in my original packet.

Actually, I thought that sending exactly what they asked for would be enough, also, but the person sitting behind the desk is exactly that, a person, who can make decisions based on whatever experiences and training and ideas s/he has.

<<<"

Do you think that because he used esposa when refering to you had a lot to do with the RFE?

">>>

The RFE that I got 2 days ago was the first request for letters between us. They had never seen them. Again, we do NOT have letters that follow the requested format--stating in a personal letter any reference to a specific time and place when we were together.

<<<"

I work for Continental Airlines and go to Lima often and will be going around the 7th of Dec. I also am willing to help you with getting documents to Peru.

">>>

Thank you so much for your offer. Also, thank you again to G&T. My fiancé has told me that he would rather trust express mail (I am guessing DHL maybe) instead of individuals. I really do appreciate this offer. I also carried items to someone when I was there last month to somebody. I am getting the feeling that this sort of passing-stuff-on-to-someone-there is a normal part of the traveling back-and-forth routine. After we are all here together with our beloveds, we should arrange a Peruvian night with roasted chicken, aji, rice, taters, salad, and some smuggled grenadillas (ha ha--just joking, of course. I sure wish I could find them here.)

<<<"

You don't have to start writing snail mail just to provide evidence, if you use Skype/Yahoo/Google you can do screen shots of of your chat screen and save them on your computer to print later.

">>>

Perhaps I could have, but we had not and, when going through our Skype transcript, we didn't do a lot of typing--the majority is speaking. When we did type, it was usually clarification of things that I would really rather not have associated with me in any official's hands. (Trying to understand slang or more romantic writings are not things that I can send to them.) Remember, we could have had all this done if I had only known about it. We have been twiddling our thumbs for 7 months.

<<<"

On my first visit to my fiance I was advised to take pictures of the two of us holding current copies of local newpapers with the date clearly visible.

">>>

We actually tried to do this. Newspapers are different in Perú. They are not always available in the early morning. On my last day there, we spent 2 hours walking around (from around 7 am to around 9) with the intention of doing just that. We couldn't find a single place selling a newspaper. (This was near the embassy--we went there before a doctor's appointment so that he could see the place. There were a few families going in together for their various situations.) We got sidetracked and never actually got the photo taken. Besides, this was after I had originally filed. the RFE is very insistent about dates involving the time BEFORE filing.

BTW--You can't take pictures of/near the embassy (in Lima--elsewhere??). If you even have your camera in your hands, security will come running at you like you are on fire.

Thank you, everyone for your input. Just for the record, though...

I am not asking for advice. I am OFFERING advice for new filers, so that they can have the evidence ready in case they get an RFE.

Seriously, it doesn't hurt to include a line or two in each letter so that you have this all-ready-ready-already, right? Of course, you won't be doing that unless you KNOW to do it, hence this thread.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Timeline

Believe it or not,Uscis knows that cases are different and such, Evidence will differ from each case.....But i admire people that already have advice perior on going to visit there fiance maybe on the firstt visit,probably they would use such opportunities to make up evidence of been together,taking pictures and doing alot of things together but lets face it,How many Americans out there know he or she will be filling k-1 visa for such person perior of his or her first visit to see his or her friend ( intending fiance or fiancee to be).......That would probably be like %10 of people on here,Most Americans that visit there fiancee abroad soley do so becus they knew or might have tried getting a visiting visa for the person in question and realize it was hard and Hence choose to visit the person and in most case,they visit will soley be base on getting to know each other and realizing if this is truly what they want......Most times evidence are not built on such visit becus is always a first and a short visit.....

But so to say,Making up evidence dosent really help relationship rather it backfires at the long run,is stressful and sometimes i feel within me that when maybe posing to take pictures soley in other to use it for immigration dosent really help the relationship in question...Becouse somehow you arent taking those picture just to remaind you of the good times you had,is just for something else which is immigration but not truly for the feelings and the joy of looking at the time you spend together with your fiance when you went back and Trust me, it is not healhy for a true relationship....True relationship automatically brings up what is needed for whatever such relationship will face in terms of immigration and family related issue.....why do i say this...Most times people are just there bulding up evidence just to bring in someone as soon as they can without taking time to realize how much this union would last, Thereby making so many immigrant familys to break up within 2 to 4 years of been together.......All am saying is people to take time and listen to there heart and just be real ,lets things flow and that way,you would be sure what you guys are in to was love,not just infactuation which most times beneficiary dosent care but just to find a way to get in to US......So people should just take time and study there relationship and let the relationship lead them step by step in other to have the best of marriage when the finally be together........This are the challenges people face and that would reduce the rate divorce among immigrants that get to US through marriage related visa and thus help others that are true to get faster approval becous they more the rate of divorce is decrease among the family related immigrant,the more people out there with such issues get faster approval.......

I hope this helps alittle.......................

Timeline

Making up evidence dosent really help relationship rather it backfires...

No one here is doing any of this to help their relationship. We are all here trying to deal with a bureaucracy and to make sure that the paperwork is done right.

If you, personally, think that filling our forms and jumping through hoops is the secret to a long-lasting marriage, more power to you.

BTW--"making up" is an idiom that means LYING. You are the one referring to being a liar, no one else.

BTW, in your earlier post, you seemed to have derided people who use lawyers. If I did not speak English and had no one trustworthy to help me, you can bet your butt that I'd use a professional. That only makes sense.

If YOUR paperwork went through easily, then that is a wonderful blessing, but for the rest of us, we are patiently doing what is required.

If I can easily do what may be required while I am waiting anyway, then I can save time later. Is this really that hard to understand? It is not rocket science.

Most Americans that visit there fiancee abroad soley do so becus they knew or might have tried getting a visiting visa for the person in question

Now, I will openly call you a liar. You are, in fact, making this up. It says a lot about the validity of your intentions with your visa application.

I visited my fiancé the first time because we were friends. It was then that we decided to marry. I visited him last month because I love him and I had the means to visit. I am pretty sure that the majority of folks here can state the same.

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) have met each other in person at some time during the two-year period from July 13, 2009 until July 13, 2011

This is really easy stuff to have documentation for; I can't believe that some folks submit petitions with virtually nothing.

Anyway, the USCIS listing that the OP listed on the first post should be used as a checklist.

AND........for evidence of a relationship....needed only at the interview but sometimes submitted for specific Embassies.....

Why not submit mushy lovey dovey letters?

You are supposed to be in a relationship where you intend to marry to each other....don't most people profess their love and attraction to each other? So why not show to the consular officers that you truly mean to marry and you have the words to back it up?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Look up for statistics of family related immigrant homes that survive here in the US within 4 to 5 years ........You would be able to answer your questions.......and we arent in no fight.....What i was given was suggestions and advice.....Believe it or not,it happens in our everyday life....Even my research here in VJ,most memeber have complains of cheat and break up for one reason or the other....and which boiled down on not knowing or understanding your partner eough better befor dealing with immigration process.....Some still believe within 90 days k-1 period that i had on my arrival would give me that opportunity to understand my relationship better but how many of such have survived after some years....American culture is far different from most cultures around the world and in such way,it affacts both people from difefernt country trying to understanding each other more and mind you dating is not marriage....it is a two differnt fight.....i married a US citizen from Nigerian parents here in the US and what is helping me today is that she still have some sort of Nigerian upbringing in some little ways becouse her parents was able to teach her little of the Nigerian culture....What if maybe i married a pure american citizen that i have meet and barely spend only 10 days phycially with and move here with our different cultural background.....How much do you think this marriage would last for us....Lets face it.....It works for some though but how many people out there dose it work for and for how long ,am not saying becouse if that people should get discourage but all am saying is for people to understand and let the evidence they brought forward for the application be just what the relationship was able to offer them.........

Why i said so about me, Was that in Nigerian culture,you the man is always seen as the head of the family and as such make most decision personally,even if your wife have to say something,it has to be a suggestion for you to consider, Not that she will have 50 50 say in the decision making in a family......................But here in the US,Trust me,unless mine is different....Most american woman alsways makes like %80 decisions in there marital relationship and even if is 50 50 in some,the wife has the right to do waht ever she wants any point in time which is totally different from my own culture back home.....so what if this woman am married to dosent have that thought all his life,how much can i chnage this on my arrival here and how much would she be able to endure or bend his decision to suit me and for how long...............That is just a simple question........So well i may not be so right but this are all just findings i made and i believe it applies to some many other immigrant here in the US.......so for peace of mind and a strong marital relationship among immigrant,understand your partner very well befor dealing with immigration and lead the relationship lead you guys........Even in some tribe today in Nigeria and so in some other country, a man is legallly able to marry more than one wife and here in US ,is never possible and could never be possible.....what if incase if there was not a better understanding between such people in differnt country......befor getting married and moving here ...what happens...................

Hope i was able to clarified myself a bit better..........

Timeline

Even in some tribe today in Nigeria and so in some other country, a man is legallly able to marry more than one wife...

Hope i was able to clarified myself a bit better..........

Oscar, please let me thank you for taking the time to offer advice, but....

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC?

When you are responding in a thread about something, please do try to make it sensible. Marital advice, lawyers, lying, cheating, plural marriages, etc have NOTHING to do with writing letters to your beloved

Oscar, when you are on a message board, write your responses to reflect the topic. Sometimes the topic has changed and that is okay because conversations naturally flow,but this one hasn't. You are doing what is called hijacking the thread (like hijacking a plane--you are trying to take it over and do something completely different). This is very rude.

Please quit.

Also, please reread this thread from the beginning. Perhaps with a review, you can then understand why your posts are so irritating and contribute better in the future.

If you want to say more that has nothing to do with the topic of preparing for an RFE, then please send it to me privately. Don't post it here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No one here is doing any of this to help their relationship. We are all here trying to deal with a bureaucracy and to make sure that the paperwork is done right.

If you, personally, think that filling our forms and jumping through hoops is the secret to a long-lasting marriage, more power to you.

BTW--"making up" is an idiom that means LYING. You are the one referring to being a liar, no one else.

BTW, in your earlier post, you seemed to have derided people who use lawyers. If I did not speak English and had no one trustworthy to help me, you can bet your butt that I'd use a professional. That only makes sense.

If YOUR paperwork went through easily, then that is a wonderful blessing, but for the rest of us, we are patiently doing what is required.

If I can easily do what may be required while I am waiting anyway, then I can save time later. Is this really that hard to understand? It is not rocket science.

Now, I will openly call you a liar. You are, in fact, making this up. It says a lot about the validity of your intentions with your visa application.

I visited my fiancé the first time because we were friends. It was then that we decided to marry. I visited him last month because I love him and I had the means to visit. I am pretty sure that the majority of folks here can state the same.

Emin we got a RFE too asking for some of those things on your list and we also had to get 2 affidavits which we did/ One was from the manager of our apartment block on business letter head and the other was from a friend who works with my now husband and she was wonderful and got it certified from a JP. I did exactly what was on our list and we were approved 2 weeks later. SO you do what it says and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Well i wish you best....i hope and pray for you get thru too....Thats all we are in this site for,To help and be help by others as refrence to our own personal experience....But be realistic for a more healthy relstionship......Thank you :ot: bye

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

"...And for people that use immigration lawyers,,,I can only say is good when you are too busy with life and cant deal with filling and checking your application yourself becus with what i believe and know,People that basically use lawyers are people that have worries on things maybe that have misuse the immigration benefit somewhat in there life been you the petitioner(US citizen) or the beneficiary..."

".. Why do i say this...

Most times with my understanding i believe USCIS examine and srutinze case that were filed up by an immigration officer to know why the petitioner choose to use a lawyer without filling by him or herself....what could be the possible reason.....Is it that he is very busy with life like work maybe you are in military or anything related to that and has no time for it ...."

Seriously? I'm sorry, but that's pretty presumptive of you. We are using an immigration attorney - not for any reason other than #1 we wanted to make sure we were doing everything correctly, properly and legally and #2 we weren't aware of Visa Journey prior to already signing a contract with the attorney and perhaps realizing after the fact that we could possibly do this on our own without the attorney's help. But as I said, we had already signed a contract. And in hindsight, we're not sorry that we did, as they've been quite helpful.

I don't think it's fair to assume that everyone that hires an immigration attorney has anything to "hide" per se. Perhaps like us, they just didn't know VJ existed or knew anyone that had gone through this process previously. If I've misunderstood your post in any way, my apologies. I just wanted to clarify our reasons and perhaps others have the same reasons and maybe all of us using an immigration attorney shouldn't be judged too harshly.

Thanks for letting me put in my 2 cents and best of luck to all of us here!

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Timeline

Well like i said,You are very right maybe you never believe you could do it yourself ,maybe somehow you dont like paper works,Maybe you are too busy with work,or maybe the instruction is complicated.......Trust me ,First time user get discourage when they look at the USICS instructions online but the more you read it over and over again with VJ site,You understands it better and see it is easy and well explained.........But all the same,what you is one of the reason for sure but Trust me,what ever is said up there is based on statistics i get online and little experience i get from the people i personally knew that came to US thru family related visas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.