meandmybeloved

Can't find co-sponsor, Need your help

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so here is the problem. I I can't find a co-sponsor. My family isn't real close. I asked them but they said no. My sisters husband asked his boss about sponsoring because he works at a nuclear plant, and has high

security clearance and didn't know if sponsoring some one from out of the country would effect his job, and his boss advised him not to.

I haven't been able to count on my family much for anything.

I have 3 kids. ages 14,7 and 6. I need daycare assistance to be able to work and pay for daycare. I just don't make enough to cover daycare by myself. I use to get the assistance from the government, but they now tell me a week after I found a job that they will no longer cover my daycare and help me pay for it. So I lost my job cause I had no one to take care of my kids after they got out of school.

As I said, my family has never been close.

I also have fibromyalgia, which is a muscle disease that affects all the muscles in the body and can be very painful. This disease causes my muscles to stiffen and cease up and it can make it hard for me to walk or move at times. It has been compared to being similiar to MS. I say this, cause this too limits me on the type of job I can find, cause even though I look healthy, I'm not. My muscles are weakened and I have little strength in them.

My wonderful fiance Rick comes down from Canada at least once a month to help me take care of things around the house that I just can't do. I am not sure at this point what choices we have left in order

to get him here. We didn't know if we could qualify to have this expedited or not. But that still doesn't solve our sponsor problem. I still have a couple people out there who are thinking about it, but have yet to commit.

We are looking into the CR-1, but we aren't sure if there is anything else out there for us that might work better.

Right now, I get plenty of child support for my kids that it alone covers all my expenses, so this is a plus. I plan on working when Rick does get down here while he is applying for his AOS. He will be able to look after the kids then while I work. This freeing me up to work more of a flexible shift.

Any help or advice will be appreciated and I will look into whatever advice we are given. Thanks ahead of time. :no:

4-7-2012 Married

4-18-2012 Mailed AOS

4-20-2012 NOA1

5-23-2012 Biometrics appt

6-26-2012 EAD received in mail ( no text or email )

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

im sorry but filing for cr-1 doesnt change anything.maybe you should start looking into moving to canada?

even if you do work the expidit out,you STILL need help with the finances

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Ok, so here is the problem. I I can't find a co-sponsor. My family isn't real close. I asked them but they said no. My sisters husband asked his boss about sponsoring because he works at a nuclear plant, and has high

security clearance and didn't know if sponsoring some one from out of the country would effect his job, and his boss advised him not to.

I haven't been able to count on my family much for anything.

I have 3 kids. ages 14,7 and 6. I need daycare assistance to be able to work and pay for daycare. I just don't make enough to cover daycare by myself. I use to get the assistance from the government, but they now tell me a week after I found a job that they will no longer cover my daycare and help me pay for it. So I lost my job cause I had no one to take care of my kids after they got out of school.

As I said, my family has never been close.

I also have fibromyalgia, which is a muscle disease that affects all the muscles in the body and can be very painful. This disease causes my muscles to stiffen and cease up and it can make it hard for me to walk or move at times. It has been compared to being similiar to MS. I say this, cause this too limits me on the type of job I can find, cause even though I look healthy, I'm not. My muscles are weakened and I have little strength in them.

My wonderful fiance Rick comes down from Canada at least once a month to help me take care of things around the house that I just can't do. I am not sure at this point what choices we have left in order

to get him here. We didn't know if we could qualify to have this expedited or not. But that still doesn't solve our sponsor problem. I still have a couple people out there who are thinking about it, but have yet to commit.

We are looking into the CR-1, but we aren't sure if there is anything else out there for us that might work better.

Right now, I get plenty of child support for my kids that it alone covers all my expenses, so this is a plus. I plan on working when Rick does get down here while he is applying for his AOS. He will be able to look after the kids then while I work. This freeing me up to work more of a flexible shift.

Any help or advice will be appreciated and I will look into whatever advice we are given. Thanks ahead of time. :no:

any friends? it doesn't have to be a family member, and even your friend can live in another city or state.

Filed: Other Timeline

I understand your situation and your predicament. For you being married and having a man in the house could really change your life around for the better. Unfortunately an Affidavit of Support is a serious commitment, and if you cannot get any of your family members to help you out here, you will have to find a friend willing to jump in. If you have no friend willing to do that, perhaps your fiance has assets that could be transferred to the U.S. and then used to satisfy the requirements of the Affidavit of Support?

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband has a high level of security clearance and is in the military. It has definitely affected him and his job.

He has to have a special form from the FBI stating he is allowed to marry me and has to have a waiver from them. He also has to do several forms and tests from the military and his security clearance etc. I also have to have an FBI interview every time he needs to renew his security clearance. I may also have to have one for my ROC and citizenship testing.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

thank You everyone. Yes, I have asked one of my best friends, but he is just being weird about it. Thing is, everyone that knows me knows I have excellent credit,

pay my bills on time every once in a while they might be a few days late but other than that, I'm good with my finances,

so those that are close to me should know that I would not steer them wrong.

4-7-2012 Married

4-18-2012 Mailed AOS

4-20-2012 NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think any couple that are in different countries and wanting to take their relationship to the next step and marry, have to have the conversation of whom moves where. I think that if you arnt willing to move to the other persons country to be with them, how could you ask them to give up everything for you ?

Based on everything that you have said, he shouldnt be coming here, and honestly, with the support requirments, its sounds like you wouldnt be approved anyways.

Why not go to Canada ... you have to at least look at it.

The thing is, that your post sounds really desperate. Like there is no other answer/option for you. This isnt true. But you are only looking at 1, you really do need to consider all the other options.

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Timeline

I think any couple that are in different countries and wanting to take their relationship to the next step and marry, have to have the conversation of whom moves where. I think that if you arnt willing to move to the other persons country to be with them, how could you ask them to give up everything for you ?

Based on everything that you have said, he shouldnt be coming here, and honestly, with the support requirments, its sounds like you wouldnt be approved anyways.

Why not go to Canada ... you have to at least look at it.

The thing is, that your post sounds really desperate. Like there is no other answer/option for you. This isnt true. But you are only looking at 1, you really do need to consider all the other options.

Wow, your jumping to conclusions here. First I never said I asked him to come here, it has been his choice to move here to be with me. Secondly, I never mentioned that I wasn't willing to move to Canada, but since you are mentioning it, I think that you should know that I have 3 children whom their father would never in a million years sign for my kids to move out of the country. First that is not the kind of person I am, to up and move my kids away from their father. My kids would suffer because of that. And secondly, my fiance has 2 children that are adults now, so it is much easier to have him move here.

Why do you think that we did not have a conversation about who would be moving where?

You've made a lot of assumptions that are not accurate.

You have said nothing in this post that has been uplifting at all, but quite the opposite, and that is not what this forum is for, but instead it is for us to be able to come here for support. I have looked at my other options and right now, I don't see any. Desperate? Yes, maybe I might sound a little desperate to find a solution to this problem, cause this is my soulmate and my best friend we are talking about. Living life without him is not a option. My fiance has a good career in canada, but the field which he has expertise in is slim in canada but not here in the states, so he is excited about moving down here and getting back to doing what he loves.

4-7-2012 Married

4-18-2012 Mailed AOS

4-20-2012 NOA1

The best course of action is to educate yourself about the sponsorship requirements and explain them to a trusted friend. Namely, the requirement is NOT that the sponsor has to give the immigrant money, just that IF the immigrant uses welfare or the like, the government can ask the sponsor to pay that back. You, as the spouse will be the primary sponsor, so the gov will go after you first.

Your future husband can become a USC in 3 years if you remain married and the sponsorship your friends signed will no longer be in effect. Most chances are that nothing will change for them.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

what is the minimum requirement you must make to show support?

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

The best course of action is to educate yourself about the sponsorship requirements and explain them to a trusted friend. Namely, the requirement is NOT that the sponsor has to give the immigrant money, just that IF the immigrant uses welfare or the like, the government can ask the sponsor to pay that back. You, as the spouse will be the primary sponsor, so the gov will go after you first.

Your future husband can become a USC in 3 years if you remain married and the sponsorship your friends signed will no longer be in effect. Most chances are that nothing will change for them.

Great idea Harpa! :thumbs:

Many times if you can explain in detail what this person is signing up for they may feel more comfortable agreeing to do so. You could print up form I-864 and it clearly states above the signature what the signee is agreeing to. Print one out and show it to your friend.

And it is ok to be "desperate", though I don't view you as being desperate. This is the man you love and you should be trying to exhaust all avenues to get him here. If no one wants to sponsor for you, the only suggestion I have, is contact a church, tell them you need help and maybe someone will want to help. It may not work but its an idea and it also to gives someone the opportunity to feel like they made a difference in an otherwise struggling single mother's life. I'v been there and it sucks, but there are more people that want to help then we think. Keep up hope and keep fighting for your man and don't let anyone tell you different or call you "desperate".

I wish you the best of luck and just for the record, if I didn't have to have a co-sponsor myself, I would be interested in getting to know your character to see if I could help you out myself, so I am going to go so far to say that there may be others out there like me. :D

what is the minimum requirement you must make to show support?

You have to make 125% above poverty level for the size of your household including your beneficiary.

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wow!!! 3 kids and you don't make the minimum. I'm sorry, I would not co-sponsor for you if you were my own child.

I too recommend you move to Canada. I just don't see any other way. It's not that your friend is being "wierd" about it. Your friend has probably educated himself with what it entails. CO-sponsoring for someone is about the most foolish thing I think any USC can do. It's a complete travesty that the US government hooks an innocent USC into this contract which could completely destroy someone financially for the rest of their life.

I wish you luck, but I think Canada is your best bet.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Timeline

Great idea Harpa! :thumbs:

Many times if you can explain in detail what this person is signing up for they may feel more comfortable agreeing to do so. You could print up form I-864 and it clearly states above the signature what the signee is agreeing to. Print one out and show it to your friend.

And it is ok to be "desperate", though I don't view you as being desperate. This is the man you love and you should be trying to exhaust all avenues to get him here. If no one wants to sponsor for you, the only suggestion I have, is contact a church, tell them you need help and maybe someone will want to help. It may not work but its an idea and it also to gives someone the opportunity to feel like they made a difference in an otherwise struggling single mother's life. I'v been there and it sucks, but there are more people that want to help then we think. Keep up hope and keep fighting for your man and don't let anyone tell you different or call you "desperate".

I wish you the best of luck and just for the record, if I didn't have to have a co-sponsor myself, I would be interested in getting to know your character to see if I could help you out myself, so I am going to go so far to say that there may be others out there like me. :D

You have to make 125% above poverty level for the size of your household including your beneficiary.

Thank you so much for understanding. That means so much. And your right, I will not stop till he is here for good. And I have already printed out the I-134 form and the I-864 form with instructions so that I can show it to those that I have asked, but they haven't let me get that far. As the previous posted stated, I have very clearly stated several times to my family and friends, not to compare co-sponsor with " co-signer". These are two very different things. I have gone as far as to tell them that not only are they not responsible for taking care of rick , nor will they have to pay his bills or anything, but I have told them that if they would feel more comfortable I would go to a local atty and ask him to draw up a document reassuring the co-sponsor that rick will not ever hold them responsible for paying his way.

Thank you again, and just pray that God opens a door to someones heart to step up and be willing to help us out here.

4-7-2012 Married

4-18-2012 Mailed AOS

4-20-2012 NOA1

Thank you so much for understanding. That means so much. And your right, I will not stop till he is here for good. And I have already printed out the I-134 form and the I-864 form with instructions so that I can show it to those that I have asked, but they haven't let me get that far. As the previous posted stated, I have very clearly stated several times to my family and friends, not to compare co-sponsor with " co-signer". These are two very different things. I have gone as far as to tell them that not only are they not responsible for taking care of rick , nor will they have to pay his bills or anything, but I have told them that if they would feel more comfortable I would go to a local atty and ask him to draw up a document reassuring the co-sponsor that rick will not ever hold them responsible for paying his way.

Thank you again, and just pray that God opens a door to someones heart to step up and be willing to help us out here.

Good for you girl! Just keep it up and God willing someone will step up and help you both out. I will keep you in my prayers.

And please don't let some of these people get to you, if they have any heart they would be doing the same thing you are for their loved one if they had to.

Edited by I+H

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Wow!!! 3 kids and you don't make the minimum. I'm sorry, I would not co-sponsor for you if you were my own child.

I too recommend you move to Canada. I just don't see any other way. It's not that your friend is being "wierd" about it. Your friend has probably educated himself with what it entails. CO-sponsoring for someone is about the most foolish thing I think any USC can do. It's a complete travesty that the US government hooks an innocent USC into this contract which could completely destroy someone financially for the rest of their life.

I wish you luck, but I think Canada is your best bet.

Is no one reading and understanding that I have 3 kids. I may have a ex-husband, but I would never ever do something like up and move to canada and take my kids from their father, so I don't understand why I keep getting comments to move to canada. Are you saying that I should tear my kids away from their father, or suggesting I leave them behind?

Neither are an option. I believe in my God above and believe that he has put Rick and I together for a reason, and he will make a way.

4-7-2012 Married

4-18-2012 Mailed AOS

4-20-2012 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.