52 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello,

This is my first post. Here is a little history. I am a U.S. citizen and married my wife in Honduras in July of 2003. She immediantly became pregnant and I foolishly talked her into entering the U.S. illgally so that our daughter could be born there. After she was born, I began the I-130 process. In 2006 she returned to Honduras (Not Deported) for her appointment. Months later we received a letter stating the 10 year ban. My question is... I am hoping to go the Embassy here in Honduras and apply for a B-2 visa without going through the waiver process. Anyone with these experiances or any advise?

Thanks,

Anthony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A person with a USC spouse and child is unlikely to get a tourist visa without a ban in place. You can't dodge the ban.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

Our daughter is a U.S. citizen.

Your question is about your spouse, correct? That is who has the ban. No restriction for the USC child.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Your daughter can come. Your wife cannot.

I bet she is pretty fed up with you giving her advice in immigration matters.

:rofl: :rofl: he completely ruined everything from the start, instead of petition for her through the easy and painless route. She's more than fed up I bet.

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I bet she is pretty fed up with you giving her advice in immigration matters.

Can't agree more with this.

The first time you decided to do an end-run around the system you made the situation bad.

Why not stop trying to game the system and attempt the Hardship Waiver?

Go to immigrate2us.net, they specialize in hardship waivers for illegal entry/presence. Laurel Scott offers free chats once a week over there also.

Timeline

I am wondering how you think that I am trying to "Game the System" my wife and I wanted our daughter to be born in the U.S. I was born in the U.S.A. As soon as our Daughter was born I started all of the proper avenues to get my wife an immigrant visa. Where am I gaming the system?

Timeline
I am wondering how you think that I am trying to "Game the System" my wife and I wanted our daughter to be born in the U.S. I was born in the U.S.A. As soon as our Daughter was born I started all of the proper avenues to get my wife an immigrant visa. Where am I gaming the system?

If you had played within the rules then you would have started the paperwork before your wife got pregnant.

Instead you tried to do an end-run around the legal immigration system and had her EWI. That is called "Gaming the System", "Cheating", "Being Short Sighted", need I go on.

My previous advice still stands. VJ has little (is any) tolerance for those who violate US Immigration Laws.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Welcome to VJ, and the I601 forum. See the reseach links there? Start reading. Your wife will not get a B2 VISA as she is barred for 10 years, in addition she would not really be eligible for one due to the fact you are married to each other and B2 is a non-immigrant VISA and she is an intending immigrant based on your marriage and child together.

Attempting to adjust status from B2 after her entry would end up in a fraud misrep charge. You really need to STUDY the rules before attempting any more immigration attempts for your wife so you don't make things worse and end up with a PERMANENT ban for her.

If you don't feel you can understand this stuff, then perhaps the attorney is the best bet. Its expensive but well worth it for family unity.

Filed: Timeline

It's great that you are trying to get your wife back to the US legally. Learn from the past and focus on the future. Your wife will have to wait for her ban to expire or successfully obtain a hardship waiver to qualify for a visa of any sort. You need to focus on getting the hardship waiver if you want her back before 2016. You cannot get her back here without the hardship waiver.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from Tourist to Waiver forum as OP is filing a I-130 for his wive with an overstay *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

If you had played within the rules then you would have started the paperwork before your wife got pregnant.

Instead you tried to do an end-run around the legal immigration system and had her EWI. That is called "Gaming the System", "Cheating", "Being Short Sighted", need I go on.

My previous advice still stands. VJ has little (is any) tolerance for those who violate US Immigration Laws.

I tried to get a visa for her.... this was just after 9-11 and they were not passing out visas to everyone in Honduras. Plus I did not want my Daughter to be delivered in a 3rd world country... the hospitals and child delivery deaths are much greater than in the states. You say I broke the Law. You are telling me that if your wife was going to have a baby and you are on your way to the hospital and she starts screaming, your not going to BREAK the law and speed or do what ever it takes to have a child delivered in a good hospital! I bet you would do the same if you were in the same situation. So don't go preaching to me about breaking the laws! It's not like she was a smuggler or in the states to suck off the government!

Timeline
You say I broke the Law. You are telling me that if your wife was going to have a baby and you are on your way to the hospital and she starts screaming, your not going to BREAK the law and speed or do what ever it takes to have a child delivered in a good hospital! I bet you would do the same if you were in the same situation. So don't go preaching to me about breaking the laws! It's not like she was a smuggler or in the states to suck off the government!

Sure I'd speed but if I got pulled over I'd explain to the cop and wouldn't cry about it in front of a judge if the cop followed me to the hospital and issued a ticket for speeding.

Why have you never bothered with the I-601 Hardship Waiver if Honduras is so bad?

Why didn't you wait to get pregnant until after you got her here legally?

Even today USCIS isn't just "handing out Visas to everyone from Honduras or the Philippines (where my wife is from) but for the love of all that is legal you didn't even try did you?

You made a bad decision and your family is suffering for it. Accept it and move on, overcome it by facing what needs to be done to get her here.

Again, go the Immigrate2US.net. You'll find a lot of sympathy over there. If they had their way then EWIs would have an easy path to AOS in country.

You're not going to find what you want here as there is not easy option for you. Either wait out her entry ban or file the waiver.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.