24 posts in this topic

I want your advice please, I have a friend who marry an african-american for like 2 mos, now she is crying that her husband ask her if she has a friend near in her so that she can stay there.. Now, she has a problem now...What can you advice to her? please help us...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

What is the urgency here, is there any type of abuse involved here? what kind of advice are you seeking for your friend?

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

She said that her husband treated her well but she thinks that her husband has another woman... Since they are married does the guy has the right to say that she can't leave in their house? The problem is they are not yet processing for the adjustment of status

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

She said that her husband treated her well but she thinks that her husband has another woman... Since they are married does the guy has the right to say that she can't leave in their house? The problem is they are not yet processing for the adjustment of status

What exactly does your friend need, her husband treats her well, then if she thinks that her husband has another woman then she needs to investigate and talk to her husband about anything about the marriage or seek marriage counseling, there's no abuse involved here so there's not much advice except for your friend to try to work things out with her husband. VAWA is not an option because cheating is not abuse.

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Her problem is her husband doesn't want her to stay in the house anymore meaning kick ur butt out of here! that is scarry.........................................

They guy will only say that there is no other girl. He said that he is not happy anymore according to my friend.. So does she has the right to stay at home since the are married?

Filed: Timeline

Her problem is her husband doesn't want her to stay in the house anymore meaning kick ur butt out of here! that is scarry.........................................

They guy will only say that there is no other girl. He said that he is not happy anymore according to my friend.. So does she has the right to stay at home since the are married?

Her husband cannot simply kick her out. Spouses have a general obligation of support which includes housing. If she does not want to move out, there is nothing he can legally do to remove her. She can voluntarily move out. If he tries to drive her out by treating her badly, she will need to involve the police or the court.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Then she has no genuine marriage relationship. It doesn't work out for everyone. Is he refusing to help her go home?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ii have no advice or help but just want to say that if this is true, and I have read other similar stories -some true some not some just one side, and i am not suggesting this is either, but I'll never understand it. We go through so much to get these VISA and our partners here. I think everyone will agree getting a VISA for the US is no picnic. I'll never understand how some petitioners can go thru all that to get thier fiance(e) or spouse here and then not commit to the person. I mean, why bother with all this frustration and anxiety, etc in the first place if that's what your going to do? I know some things don't work out and sometimes that's found out early. But jeez you can still be human about it and act with care and compasion and do what you can to make it as painless as possible for the beneficiary if things don;t work out. If this was K-1 I wonder why he married her and then 2 months later want someone else.

I'll never understand it. He could do the same thing with any USC and not ever have gone through the agonizing VISA process.

I don't get it.

I guess I expect to much from some humans. Guess I expect everyone will behave like majority of members here on VJ who are overly ecstatic and on emotional overload for weeks, months, years when they finally get thier fiance(e)/spouses here after VISA process hell.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I want your advice please, I have a friend who marry an african-american for like 2 mos, now she is crying that her husband ask her if she has a friend near in her so that she can stay there.. Now, she has a problem now...What can you advice to her? please help us...

Hello! Why does it matter whether he is African American or Caucasian? Does that matter in this situation? Why did you even have to bring his race up? Is it your friend or you that needs the advice? At any rate, she should know if he has another woman or not nobody on here can help her. She needs to follow him and see what he does when he is not at home or just come out and ask him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello! Why does it matter whether he is African American or Caucasian? Does that matter in this situation? Why did you even have to bring his race up? Is it your friend or you that needs the advice? At any rate, she should know if he has another woman or not nobody on here can help her. She needs to follow him and see what he does when he is not at home or just come out and ask him.

I don't think he meant to bring race into this, he was just describing him and I believe it was innocent, the way I see it you're the one who turned it into a race thing. Eventually, it won't matter if it is another woman or not, the point is he wants her out, and he doesn't have the right to remove her if she is legally married to him.

Like it was mentioned, she can voluntarily move out or stay and try to work things out with him and get things out in the open, "I'm not happy" doesn't explain squat. He needs to clarify.

Edited by Dana79

event.png

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 08/24/2011
AOS packet received - 08/31/2011
Checks cashed - 09/01/2011
NOA received - 09/6/2011
Biometrics appointment - 09/19/2011 - Done
RFE received - tax returns 2010 and original birth certificate - 9/19/2011
RFE sent 09/28/2011
EAD Card Production 10/20/2011
EAD Received 10/29/2011
Interview letter received 11/1/2011 Interview on 12/5/2011
Applied for SSN - will receive in 2 weeks
SSN Received
Interview - APPROVED!!! (Thank Allah)
Green card in hand 12/12/2011

Lifting Conditions

I-751 sent - 09/05/13

I-751 received - 09/06/13

Check cashed - 09/11/13

NOA received - 09/12/13

Biometrics Notice received - 09/19/13

Biometrics Done - 10/07/13

Case transferred to CSC - 10/08/13

Card Production Notice - 1/22/14

Card in Hand - 1/29/14 (Thank Allah)

Naturalization

N-400 sent - 12/29/14

Received - 12/31/14

Check Cashed - 1/7/15

NOA Received- 1/12/15

Biometrics - 1/29/15

Interview Done - Passed!

Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Like it was mentioned, she can voluntarily move out or stay and try to work things out with him and get things out in the open, "I'm not happy" doesn't explain squat. He needs to clarify.

He doesn't NEED to do anything. If he doesn't want to stay with her he doesn't have to.

The OP's *friend* can't be kicked out of the house just yet, but she SHOULD get out of the situation somehow. Either way this isn't an immigration matter and is instead a family law matter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Race/culture does matter in some instances. Whether we like it or not we judge people and their temperament based on race. It's common to see people ask what country someone is from to "explain" their behaviour. Like some ####### I read about "tampo" being common in the Philippines. Race/culture matters... though in this particular instance I don't see anything that would normally lead us to ask what race. We can assume from the OP that the OP's friend is also Filippino.

Dude doesn't want her living there anymore. She doesn't have anywhere to go (which if the OP is really a friend should have the friend move in). The OP said they haven't started AOS yet, which is probaly the ACTUAL issue here, rather than living situation (OP is a friend so probably has a floor she can crash on). No AOS = no GC = go home. OP's *friend* probably still wants her GC. She stated there's no abuse so no way to get GC. OP's *friend* should have him file for divorce and pay for her ticket home. I say have HIM file because being Filipino it matters that the guy files and not her.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

He doesn't NEED to do anything. If he doesn't want to stay with her he doesn't have to.

The OP's *friend* can't be kicked out of the house just yet, but she SHOULD get out of the situation somehow. Either way this isn't an immigration matter and is instead a family law matter.

Are you suggesting that after she moved out there to be with him and lived with him for two months and married the guy, he can just end things without an explanation? I put in two options there, she can VOLUNTARILY move it (meaning he can't kick her out) OR maybe there is something to save there, none of us know what's going through this guy's head, it could be he's afraid of going through the process or doesn't have the money to maybe? Ultimately it's something that should be explained to her regardless of whether his decision stands or not.

event.png

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 08/24/2011
AOS packet received - 08/31/2011
Checks cashed - 09/01/2011
NOA received - 09/6/2011
Biometrics appointment - 09/19/2011 - Done
RFE received - tax returns 2010 and original birth certificate - 9/19/2011
RFE sent 09/28/2011
EAD Card Production 10/20/2011
EAD Received 10/29/2011
Interview letter received 11/1/2011 Interview on 12/5/2011
Applied for SSN - will receive in 2 weeks
SSN Received
Interview - APPROVED!!! (Thank Allah)
Green card in hand 12/12/2011

Lifting Conditions

I-751 sent - 09/05/13

I-751 received - 09/06/13

Check cashed - 09/11/13

NOA received - 09/12/13

Biometrics Notice received - 09/19/13

Biometrics Done - 10/07/13

Case transferred to CSC - 10/08/13

Card Production Notice - 1/22/14

Card in Hand - 1/29/14 (Thank Allah)

Naturalization

N-400 sent - 12/29/14

Received - 12/31/14

Check Cashed - 1/7/15

NOA Received- 1/12/15

Biometrics - 1/29/15

Interview Done - Passed!

Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.