Ban Hammer

Tough Immigration Controls Save Denmark $10 Billion in 10 Years

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If a country wishes to save its taxpayers some money, it should enact stiff immigration laws. That’s the conclusion of a report from the Danish Integration Ministry, according to Spiegel Online.

Denmark has imposed tough measures to stem the flow of Third World immigrants, and those stricter laws have saved the taxpayers about $10 billion during the past decade. The country now boasts the strictest controls in the European Union. Though the Eurocrat left has voiced opposition to the tighter controls, conservatives believe that Denmark is in better shape than most countries that have been overrun by immigrants, many of whom join the welfare rolls and commit crimes.

The report offers three keys figures, Spiegel notes that the money saved over the last 10 years by Denmark "would supposedly have been spent on social benefits or housing," adding:

According to the figures, migrants from non-Western countries who did manage to come to Denmark have cost the state €2.3 billion, while those from the West have actually contributed €295 million to government coffers.

In other words, Third World immigrants have made little if any contribution to Danish society, while immigrants from the Christian West have.

Regardless of the dynamics, as it does in the United States, the battle in Denmark comes down to right and left; those who wish to preserve Denmark as a country for Danes, and those who wish to transmogrify it into a polyglot nation of multiculturalism.

Thus, says Spiegel, “The report has led to jubilation among right-wing politicians.”

“We now have it in black and white that restrictions [on immigrants] pay off,” said DPP [Danish People's Party] finance spokesman Kristian Thulesen Dahl. The DPP will almost certainly exploit the figures in future negotiations over the Danish economy.

Integration Minister Soren Pind stated the obvious: “Now that we can see that it does matter who comes into the country, I have no scruples in further restricting those who one can suspect will be a burden on Denmark,” he told the Jyllands-Posten newspaper.

A key mover behind Danish immigration reform is the Danish People’s Party, led by Pia Kjærsgaard (pictured above left). The DPP doesn't want to import immigrants who sit on welfare. “A Somali who is no good for anything, that is simply not acceptable,” says Kjærsgaard.

The DPP and other conservative immigration reformers in Denmark want a complete halt to non-Western immigration, Spiegel reports.

The left, Spiegel observes, is unhappy. Publishing the obvious about Third World immigrants “has sparked outrage from opposition parties like the centrist Social Liberal Party, which dismissed it as undignified and discriminatory.” Spiegel added:

The party’s integration spokeswoman, Marianne Jelved, said: “A certain group of people is being denounced and being blamed for our deficit, being made into whipping boys."

She added: "We cannot classify people depending on their value to the economy. That is degrading in a democracy that has a basic value of equality.”

The report strengthens the hand of Danes who are ready to stop immigration altogether, although analysts say that appears unlikely. But Danish immigration patriots are progressing. According to Spiegel, “The number of asylum seekers and relatives of immigrants seeking entry into Denmark dropped by more than two-thirds within nine years as a result of the tough laws.”

As The New American reported last month, the Danes have imposed 24-hour border and customs controls at their country's borders with Germany and Sweden. The Danish People's Party forced the government to enact those controls by withhholding support for a national budget. Blue-collar Danes, the New York Times has reported, are fed up with immigrants. Those workers "chafed the most at ultraliberal immigration policies that allowed thousands of immigrants — from Iran, Iraq and the Balkans — to enter the country in the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s," the Times reported.

Pia Kjærsgaard, a leader in Denmark against unrestricted immigration, has parlayed that resentment into a political career, and, theTimes reported, “is widely credited with forcing an overhaul of the country’s immigration policies, now among the most restrictive in Europe.”

Last year, the Danes set up a point system to ensure that immigrants will contribute to Danish society. It offers a set number of points for educational level, and also offers points toward immigration approval in exchange for renouncing public benefits.

Unsurprisingly, the Eurocrats don’t like that measure either. Analysts, however, say the Danes have a basis for concern about their borders, given the flood of Tunisians and Libyans who — having fled the unrest in their own countries — have flooded Italy and attempted to fan out across Europe.

link

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If Obama finds out he will ask Denmark to loan us $10 billion.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/denmark/8507772/Denmark-announces-decision-to-reintroduce-border-controls-ahead-of-Schengen-meeting.html

Denmark announces decision to reintroduce border controls ahead of Schengen meeting

Denmark is to reintroduce controls at its EU borders with Germany and Sweden in an attempt to curb crime and illegal immigration, ahead of today's [Thu] meeting in Brussels that will discuss the visa-free Schengen zone.

By Our Foreign Staff 7:43PM BST 11 May 2011

The new controls will come into force within two to three weeks, according to Claus Hjort Frederiksen, the finance minister.

Because Denmark is a member of Europe's visa-free Schengen area, it cannot reinstate full frontier controls, and will still follow European Union rules with its current plan to station customs officers permanently at borders to conduct random checks on vehicles.

"Everything will take place within the limits of Schengen," the minister said.

"Over the past few years we have seen an increase in trans-border crime, and this is designed to curb the problem. We will be building new facilities at the Danish-German border, with new electronic equipment and number-plate identifiers," he said.

The minister added Denmark wanted Danish customs officers to be permanently present at the Oeresund Bridge that links Denmark and Sweden.

Passport-free travel across the 'Schengen' area, which does not include Britain or Ireland, has come under unprecedented pressure after Italy gave residence permits to more than 25,000 Arabs last month, allowing them unfettered access to the rest of the EU.

The European Commission was last week forced to propose the reintroduction of temporary passport controls as "under very exception circumstances" after a conflict between France and Italy threatened to destroy the border-free zone.

France, the most likely destination of the mainly French-speaking Tunisian immigrants, prompted the row by temporarily closing a key railway frontier with Italy and introduced tough extra checks of immigrants' papers.

The idea of controls at borders in Denmark was pressed by the far-right Danish People's Party and its head Pia Kjaersgaard, who argued that it would counter illegal immigration and organised crime. The People's Party has been a key ally of the centre-right government since 2001.

EU interior ministers will today [Thu] meet in Brussels to debate proposals for restoring temporary border controls within the visa-free zone.

Denmark thus went ahead with tighter border controls before a possible EU decision on the matter.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Timeline

My grandfather was danish, and I like to think of Denmark as a wonderful, peaceful, country. I was against the European Union from the get-go and look how right I was. Now the rich countries like Germany and France have to pick up the tab for those members who were acting irresponsibly. I liked Denmark to be like Denmark, Sweden to be like Sweden, Germany to be like Germany, and so on. I'm totally opposed to introducing foreign cultures into those that have such an amazing identity. I also think that Denmark's move in regard to immigration policy will serve as a template. Enough is enough.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

My grandfather was danish, and I like to think of Denmark as a wonderful, peaceful, country. I was against the European Union from the get-go and look how right I was. Now the rich countries like Germany and France have to pick up the tab for those members who were acting irresponsibly. I liked Denmark to be like Denmark, Sweden to be like Sweden, Germany to be like Germany, and so on. I'm totally opposed to introducing foreign cultures into those that have such an amazing identity. I also think that Denmark's move in regard to immigration policy will serve as a template. Enough is enough.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am really torn between being envious of the sucess and disgusted by the discrimination against third world immigrants.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

I am really torn between being envious of the sucess and disgusted by the discrimination against third world immigrants.

My family hails from Friesland, Netherlands and Trondheim, Norway. What did those people do to deserve to get over run by other cultures? Those people have worked hard for century's to keep a livable lifestyle that fits their wants and needs. Why should they give all that up for something lesser and foreign to them?

sigbet.jpg

You'll get over it, I did. Whats so disgusting?

Tough Immigration Controls Save Denmark $10 Billion in 10 Years

Well maybe now they can stop taxing their citizens into a oblivion.

Edited by _Simpson_

Timeline

My family hails from Friesland, Netherlands and Trondheim, Norway. What did those people do to deserve to get over run by other cultures? Those people have worked hard for century's to keep a livable lifestyle that fits their wants and needs. Why should they give all that up for something lesser and foreign to them?

Money doesn't stink, huh? Cause apparently, they don't have no problem mixing their culture with western immigrants...

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Money doesn't stink, huh? Cause apparently, they don't have no problem mixing their culture with western immigrants...

Tell me what you get when you mix water and oil?

It's not just about the money, it's about small countries being over run by a people/culture that's totally foreign to them.

Now if you want to compare a Dane to a Norwegian, let's do it. If you want to compare a German to a Nederlander...then let's do it. If you want to compare a Swede to a Turk then lets do it.

Would you like me to point out the similarity's and dissimilarity's to you in said cultures?

sigbet.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark

Denmark = 16,641 sq mi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virginia

West Virginia = 24,230 sq mi

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Tell me what you get when you mix water and oil?

It's not just about the money, it's about small countries being over run by a people/culture that's totally foreign to them.

Now if you want to compare a Dane to a Norwegian, let's do it. If you want to compare a German to a Nederlander...then let's do it. If you want to compare a Swede to a Turk then lets do it.

Would you like me to point out the similarity's and dissimilarity's to you in said cultures?

Yes, please help me out, what are the similarities of german and dutch culture? Other than we celebrate easter and christmas..and even those holidays have very different traditions in those cultures.

You are going to bite your teeth out on this one, don't even try...LOL

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP