Churchland

All of a sudden, lots of problems with USCIS

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Our K1 visa application went very smooth and quick with no problems and so did our AOS application until recently.

Recent problems:

1. The fingerprints were not good enough the first time, so we had to make a 2nd trip.

2. They lost her medical from China and requested a new I-693 with vaccination, TB Test, etc.

Now we get a 2nd RFE requesting an enormous amount of additional evidence.

Another G-325a, I-864, birth certs, phone numbers, work numbers, copies of driver's license with notarized signature on copy.

List 3 attractive traits, new color photographs holding a front page of a recent newspaper, payroll statements, check stubs, utility bills, copies of both our auto health insurance plans.

Anyone ever heard of this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

kind of sounds like they think something is going on or you hit a red flag somewhere along the line that they need to check out.

How long did you wait to file AOS? that could be another issue.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

kind of sounds like they think something is going on or you hit a red flag somewhere along the line that they need to check out.

How long did you wait to file AOS? that could be another issue.

What do you mean by "something is going on"?

She arrived here in September and we filed for AOS in December.

We can't imagine why there would be any red flag all of a sudden.

Edited by Churchland

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Did you file for AOS before or after the expiration date on her I-94?

Did you file for AOS before or after the expiration date on her I-94?

That's not enough to warrant this. Something in their checks must have brought up something suspicious.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They think something suspicious is going on. They don't think the relation is real or something. They do not normally ask for these things from AOS. Thos are very detailed things they are asking for.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Fingerprints and medical aren't out of the ordinary.

The rest implies that something has raised questions about the legitimacy of the relationship. It sounds like there is a Stokes Interview in your future.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Fingerprints and medical aren't out of the ordinary.

The rest implies that something has raised questions about the legitimacy of the relationship. It sounds like there is a Stokes Interview in your future.

We have both been racking our brains on what could be suspicious, we don't have a clue. Neither of us have children. I have very stable job, make enough money, etc.

It won't be a problem getting these things, just time consuming. Her name is on the auto and health insurance policy, she has a learner's driving permit, new pictures of us shopping at Asian grocery, etc.

Wouldn't the same red flags occur for K1?

Edited by Churchland

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Our K1 visa application went very smooth and quick with no problems and so did our AOS application until recently.

Recent problems:

1. The fingerprints were not good enough the first time, so we had to make a 2nd trip.

2. They lost her medical from China and requested a new I-693 with vaccination, TB Test, etc.

Now we get a 2nd RFE requesting an enormous amount of additional evidence.

Another G-325a, I-864, birth certs, phone numbers, work numbers, copies of driver's license with notarized signature on copy.

List 3 attractive traits, new color photographs holding a front page of a recent newspaper, payroll statements, check stubs, utility bills, copies of both our auto health insurance plans.

Anyone ever heard of this?

It looks like they lost the brown envelope that you hand over at POE when your wife first came to the US on her K1.

I am not sure about this but I think you can make an Infopass appointment and have them trace it, People more knowledgeable then me should be able to comment if I am wrong or right about that.

What bothers me are the ones that are in bold. Something changed between the K1 and the AOS.

First thing I would do is check your Credit Report. You can get this free from the major 3 bureaus for free once a year.

Visa K1

NOA1 02/23/09

NOA 2 07/14/09

NVC out 07/24/09

P3 08/17/09

P3 Out 08/19/09

P4 09/10/09

Interview date:10/20/09...We are Pink!

Visa Picked up 10/22/09

Stateside Feb 3rd. 2010. POE: JFK

Married Feb 20th, 2010

===================================

AOS sent 4/6/10

NOA1 4/13/10

Biometrics 5/7/10 (Appointment Letter Recvd 4/27/10)

I485 transferred to CSC 4/30/10

Email received, AP and EAD approved 6/17/10.

AP received 6/25/10.

EAD received 6/28/10

Email, Card production ordered 8/16/10.

GC in Hand 8/27/10

=========================================

I-751 Mailed 6/22/12

Biometrics 7/20/12

Approved 2/14/13

GC in Hand 2/21/13

Timeline

It looks like they lost the brown envelope that you hand over at POE when your wife first came to the US on her K1.

I am not sure about this but I think you can make an Infopass appointment and have them trace it, People more knowledgeable then me should be able to comment if I am wrong or right about that.

What bothers me are the ones that are in bold. Something changed between the K1 and the AOS.

First thing I would do is check your Credit Report. You can get this free from the major 3 bureaus for free once a year.

To protect against identity theft and fraud, I froze my credit at all three bureaus. My credit score is 789.

Edited by Churchland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We have both been racking our brains on what could be suspicious, we don't have a clue. Neither of us have children. I have very stable job, make enough money, etc.

It won't be a problem getting these things, just time consuming. Her name is on the auto and health insurance policy, she has a learner's driving permit, new pictures of us shopping at Asian grocery, etc.

Wouldn't the same red flags occur for K1?

Sometimes. I know one VJ member had something similar happen but she had a child with her husband. They requested a DNA test etc (she hasn't come back so I am curious) but as it turns out someone had written in stating the child wasn't the guys, and that the relationship was fake.

Don't stress about it too much. Send what they need and prepare for a stokes just in case. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Timeline

Sometimes. I know one VJ member had something similar happen but she had a child with her husband. They requested a DNA test etc (she hasn't come back so I am curious) but as it turns out someone had written in stating the child wasn't the guys, and that the relationship was fake.

Don't stress about it too much. Send what they need and prepare for a stokes just in case. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Thanks. Neither of us have children so we know that isn't the problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks. Neither of us have children so we know that isn't the problem.

Sorry you missed my point. While in the example children were involved, my point was that someone had reported them as not being a real couple. THAT was what I was suggesting might have happened in your case seeing there were no issues with the K1.

Honestly what is MOST odd to me is the photo holding a newspaper. That implies to me they think you aren't together any more and are instead using old information to try an get the GC.

Timeline

Sorry you missed my point. While in the example children were involved, my point was that someone had reported them as not being a real couple. THAT was what I was suggesting might have happened in your case seeing there were no issues with the K1.

Honestly what is MOST odd to me is the photo holding a newspaper. That implies to me they think you aren't together any more and are instead using old information to try an get the GC.

Oh, I see. Yes, we are a little paranoid now, wondering if anyone could have turned us in for spite or something. It also seems that a majority of the evidence they are asking for is focused on me and my finances, like needing pay stubs, W2's, tax forms, complete copies of my health insurance policy, auto insurance policy, credit card statements, bank statements, etc. I have a very steady job and my credit score is high. I did mention earlier that I froze my credit at the three bureaus to protect against fraud, identity theft.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.